Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

A couple of you have already seen, but here's some pics of the Origins: Wolverine jacket I've had made.

Complete.jpg

On me, that jacket back would end right at my belt.

Complete Sleeve.jpg

Complete Inside.JPG

Available here.

So there's an interesting theory on the new trailer that came out when Logan appears to be "cutting" his hand on his claws. I've been hearing that he's actually pushing it back in position because they sometimes come out wrong with his old age? That would be pretty interesting to see honestly...Also, who the hell is the black guy sitting at the table?

I just watched it again and it looks like he is pulling it out,if you look closely you can see the claw moving.

New Superbowl trailer.
Looks epic.
Yes, he's probably pulling it out. I seriously doubt he's cutting himself. They've already said his mutant powers are slowing/failing. It makes sense and again, there's precedent in the comics.

Definite confirmation of the chops in this one... when he's crawling on the ground with his claws out he has shaved enough to make it seem like he has chops and his hair has more of that "wolverine" look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh1RqnYi5hM

Anyone else notice that POTC 5 pulled a "Logan" and used a Cash song in their trailer? Doesn't work near as well IMO

Last edited:
Anyone else doing "Logan" cosplays this year?? I'll be doing the black suit look for sure and possibly the suede jscket, if I can find a decent one.

I just watched it again and it looks like he is pulling it out,if you look closely you can see the claw moving.

There was a comic back in 2003, called Wolverine: The End, that has a really, really old Logan. He's facing his own mortality, and has to physically push his claws back in because he can't retract them anymore. I wonder if they drew inspiration from that story-line as well.

There was a comic back in 2003, called Wolverine: The End, that has a really, really old Logan. He's facing his own mortality, and has to physically push his claws back in because he can't retract them anymore. I wonder if they drew inspiration from that story-line as well.

It makes sense if his mutant powers are failing as have been described to us, not to mention his advanced age. Him having issues with his claws would be a normal thing I'd think.

Wolverine:The End was pretty good and makes sense they would use bits of that and Old Man Logan in this one.

I have a theory about a few things.
One i dont believe he is cutting himself or pushing them back in, I think hes cleaning them; the impression I am getting is that he hasn't used his claws in years like the OML comic and thats why he seams in pain that he had to use them once more.
I also have a theory that we are going to have the healing factor being explained as it is connected to his emotions and he can choose when to heal as it where. He doesnt want to be the wolverine anymore.

all just theories obviously :)

I'm planning to do a Logan and X-23 costume for me and my daughter for halloween (gonna take a while for the beard to grow) planning to have retracting claws and I've designed the rainbow image for X-23 for my daughters t-shirt.

You can clearly see he's pulling the claw out in the trailer, follow the blood on his claw and that pretty much confirms it. I really hope this is the legacy virus that slowed his healing and made all the other mutants "gone". If it's set 5 years after he woke up in DOFP, they really need to explain that because his healing wouldn't go from normal to absolute **** in Logan for no reason at all.

I have a theory about a few things.
One i dont believe he is cutting himself or pushing them back in, I think hes cleaning them; the impression I am getting is that he hasn't used his claws in years like the OML comic and thats why he seams in pain that he had to use them once more.
I also have a theory that we are going to have the healing factor being explained as it is connected to his emotions and he can choose when to heal as it where. He doesnt want to be the wolverine anymore.

all just theories obviously :)

I'm planning to do a Logan and X-23 costume for me and my daughter for halloween (gonna take a while for the beard to grow) planning to have retracting claws and I've designed the rainbow image for X-23 for my daughters t-shirt.

You can clearly see he's pulling the claw out in the trailer, follow the blood on his claw and that pretty much confirms it. I really hope this is the legacy virus that slowed his healing and made all the other mutants "gone". If it's set 5 years after he woke up in DOFP, they really need to explain that because his healing wouldn't go from normal to absolute **** in Logan for no reason at all.

Exactly. Even Mangold said, "....with age he's getting older and ailing." Plus, it's obvious something has killed off the mutants. If it is a virus Logan would probably be the last to go. and again, there is precedence in the comics.

I get that the movies don't and aren't followiing the comics exactly but they do take bits and pieces of it. When Logan is old in "Wolverine:The End" he has difficulty with is claws coming in and out. So much that he has to push them back in. This smacks of that. Especially in regards to the comments from the actor and director about logan's mutant powers failing due to age and/or a mutant virus.

In regards to this be part of the previous Xmen movies... who knows at this point. They might not explain it at all. The Xmen movies have never been coherent. I'm wondering if this is a "standalone" kinda maybe movie. I'm not sure if it is part of the existing Xmen storyline if that is even a thing anyways.

“Not only is it different in terms of timeline and tone, it's a slightly different universe,” Jackman said. “It's actually a different paradigm and that will become clear [when you see the movie].”

Last edited by a moderator:

I've only seen the trailer on my phone so cant really see like I said it was my theory.
It is most likely a virus as everyone has guessed it's just a theory I read with regards to him having some control via emotions similar to deadpool in the comics.

Not long we'll have our answers :)

Is this gear yours? WHere'd you get the items if you did?

Yes it is ours, for our daughter. I ordered claws from darkside501st about a week ago so we're waiting for them to come in. Once we fit them to my daughter we'll post pics of the finished outfit. My wife pretty much did the research and figured out the specific items. We've had the jacket and glasses for about a month, we waited on ordering claws until we got the T-shirt made as we wanted to see how it turned out. The finished image shows a little smaller on the shirt than we would have liked but its not bad at all considering the jacket is over it. My wife designed the horse/rainbow T-shirt and we had it made as we couldt find the exact one anywhere. The movie one is either a horse or a unicorn, probably a unicorn although we still dont have a perfect view of it in any of the trailers. In one of the new TV spots the image is reversed. The sunglasses are made by Shopkins, the jacket is Levi's. The screen used boots are most likely a Dr. Marten Delaney or very similar, unsure of exact color, possibly a cherry red that has been weathered, a dark purple, or brown.

Yes it is ours, for our daughter. I ordered claws from darkside501st about a week ago so we're waiting for them to come in. Once we fit them to my daughter we'll post pics of the finished outfit. My wife pretty much did the research and figured out the specific items. We've had the jacket and glasses for about a month, we waited on ordering claws until we got the T-shirt made as we wanted to see how it turned out. The finished image shows a little smaller on the shirt than we would have liked but its not bad at all considering the jacket is over it. My wife designed the horse/rainbow T-shirt and we had it made as we couldt find the exact one anywhere. The movie one is either a horse or a unicorn, probably a unicorn although we still dont have a perfect view of it in any of the trailers. In one of the new TV spots the image is reversed. The sunglasses are made by Shopkins, the jacket is Levi's. The screen used boots are most likely a Dr. Marten Delaney or very similar, unsure of exact color, possibly a cherry red that has been weathered, a dark purple, or brown.

I've been searching high and low for those sunglasses for my daughter. Can you share where you found them? Also, If you can help on the shirt or the graphics please let me know as well.

I've been searching high and low for those sunglasses for my daughter. Can you share where you found them? Also, If you can help on the shirt or the graphics please let me know as well.

The sunglasses were very hard to find,we found them on amazon, they popped up all of a sudden after we had been looking for about 2 weeks.Our shirt design isnt 100%correct,we made it before the latest TV spot was released. The new trailer has a better view of it which pretty much confirms it is a unicorn and not just a horse. However the image on the shirt is in reverse from all the other previous shots of the shirt.I know I'm being picky but I'm one of those guys that goes for accuracy. Everything she wears appears store bought so I dont think they custom made the Tshirt, but we cant find anything exactly like it.

You sure did get lucky on those sunglasses. I'm been looking for for three weeks now. I think the shirt might have started out as one of those t-shirt dresses and was cut down.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back