Sleepy Hollow TV Series..

Yeah, I'm ok with that. I've watched plenty of shows that started great and faded with time. Usually with a crap ending or no ending at all. Not interested in doing that again. These days, if I'm leery of a given show, especially one I think is likely to end poorly, I'll just skip it and wait til its done. And I'm fine with that. I don't really feel like I'm missing out. There are plenty of other good shows on that I enjoy and that deliver much more uniform quality for me, so, why waste my time on something that might be great, but probably is gonna end poorly, ya know?

Plus, it gives me stuff to watch during the summer.

I think virtually every show has a crappy ending these days because TV doesn't know how to end on a high note, they want until nobody wants to watch it anymore and the ratings are awful before they finally put it out of its misery. Usually, by the time a show dies, I want it to be dead.

I think virtually every show has a crappy ending these days because TV doesn't know how to end on a high note, they want until nobody wants to watch it anymore and the ratings are awful before they finally put it out of its misery. Usually, by the time a show dies, I want it to be dead.

Yeah, like The Mentalist...good show at the start, but a wimpy, copped-out, hurried and unbelievable ending.

Rob

Yeah, like The Mentalist...good show at the start, but a wimpy, copped-out, hurried and unbelievable ending.

Rob

sometimes shows are jsut not that well planned out.

or stuff happens beyond their control to ruin what they had planned, if anything.

look at sliders. most of the cast got fired (and killed off) or just left. and it petered into pointlessness.

Rob

Precisely. Even shows like Castle petered out at the end. I bought both on DVD, but the last couple of seasons, I have only for completion sake. I don't think I've even taken the plastic off the last season of Mentalist.

Rob

The first ending or the second one? :) (pre or post FBI)

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely. Even shows like Castle petered out at the end. I bought both on DVD, but the last couple of seasons, I have only for completion sake. I don't think I've even taken the plastic off the last season of Mentalist.

That, again, was a case of the original creator leaving and the next showrunner totally missing the point.

The basis of the show was their relationship, NOT the murder of her mother. The original creator wrapped that up before he left more or less and then the two proceeding showrunners they brough in decided they just HAD to have the overarching conspiracy against one of them no matter what. They forced that into the show, twice, and ultimately killed it.

The first one, when they ultimately revealed Red John to be some podunk, hillbilly cop....not good, and totally unbelievable. The second one was to try to salvage the dumb FBI story.

Rob

I don't know. i'm thoroughly enjoying this season so far. and i rather liked season 3, despite the stupid addition of a demi god when pandora was more than enough.

so good to see the horseman again. i hope that the son next week really IS the son from the last time we saw his spirit, and not just some figment.

anyone still watching?

I think they made the next witness a kid purely for shock value. now they are stuck with that decision and it feels likethe writers realize they made a mistake. now we've got an annoying kid character on the show that isn't really old enough to join in on the adventure yet and practically useless.

the lead villain reminds me alot of corey feldman.

Frankly, i thought they achieved the impossible when they killed of a main character then moved the entire thing to another city and basically kept a similar story and rebuilt around one character.

I'm still enjoying it - but i gotta believe this year is it. Zero promotion on the network on Friday nights....so unless it's in 1st or 2nd place in it's slot, it's likely toast.

Frankly, i thought they achieved the impossible when they killed of a main character then moved the entire thing to another city and basically kept a similar story and rebuilt around one character.

I'm still enjoying it - but i gotta believe this year is it. Zero promotion on the network on Friday nights....so unless it's in 1st or 2nd place in it's slot, it's likely toast.

things i actually wind up giving a chance and liking usually don't last long.

maybe netflix would pick it up, assuming they don't go broke trying to fund discovery.

anyone still watching?

I think they made the next witness a kid purely for shock value. now they are stuck with that decision and it feels likethe writers realize they made a mistake. now we've got an annoying kid character on the show that isn't really old enough to join in on the adventure yet and practically useless.

the lead villain reminds me alot of corey feldman.

I am, but just barely. This has to be the last season for this dog. How they can have a show called Sleepy Hollow that doesn't take place in Sleepy Hollow is beyond me. I can honestly say that I have no attachment to any of the characters other than Crane. If they all died next episode, I wouldn't care.

watching some backlogged episodes.

the budget seems to be majorley cut this season.

the effects and monsters are not nearly as good looking. the 'wearwolf' costume looked like something out of star trek tos.

and some of the effects in 'sick burn' looked like first generation cgi.

and now they add in a kid villain who comes out of nowhere to go with the kid hero?

maybe this is why insiders say this season isn't as good. and might be right :(.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back