Just Got my PG Falcon!

Well this sucks... My Revell Falcon showed up today and it was not what was listed. He sent the 1/144 scale kit NOT the 1/72 kit that is listed. It's not the same part number listed or anything. Now I have to deal with the hassle of getting a refund and sending this back. I really wanted to play around building this over the weekend and start practicing my painting and weathering before I start the PG build. Now I have to wait.

Well this sucks... My Revell Falcon showed up today and it was not what was listed. He sent the 1/144 scale kit NOT the 1/72 kit that is listed. It's not the same part number listed or anything. Now I have to deal with the hassle of getting a refund and sending this back. I really wanted to play around building this over the weekend and start practicing my painting and weathering before I start the PG build. Now I have to wait.

Yep, that does indeed suck. Hope the refund/replace goes smoothly.
Maybe use it as an opportunity to get the 1/144 Bandai instead. From what it looks like on YouTube, the assembly has some similarities to the 1/72 (anyone who has both, feel free to confirm or tell me I’m way off!).
My 1/144 should be here in a couple of weeks, so I can start my practice.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe use it as an opportunity to get the 1/144 Bandai instead. From what it looks like on YouTube, the assembly has some similarities to the 1/72 (anyone who has both, feel free to confirm or tell me I’m way off!).

Well. There are similarities and differences. It's obvious that they're both products of the same company with the same design philosophy.

I'd get the Bandai anyway, since the small Force Awakens Revell is toy garbage. The Bandai is an actual model. And the Revell Falcons based on the Fine Molds products are inaccurate and not as crisply molded.

Well. There are similarities and differences. It's obvious that they're both products of the same company with the same design philosophy.

I'd get the Bandai anyway, since the small Force Awakens Revell is toy garbage. The Bandai is an actual model.

Good call. Totally agree on the design philosophy. I hadn’t built model kits for about 20 years, then I picked up the 1/72 Bandai X-Wing and fell in love with how they are engineered and how much detail they can include. Subsequent builds have become easier and the enjoyment factor is huge (even the Y-Wing with its fiddly pipes!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My thought was to get an inexpensive 1/72 kit to practice on, but come to find out it's more like a 1/93 scale...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back