Star Wars Anthology (Boba Fett Origin)

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Rumor: Boba Fett Origin)

Height is a moot factor in movie world.

See: Tom Cruise, RDjr or Josh Hutcherson.

Honestly, with as much wreckage and hulks seen on Jakku, one would have to think the Death Star debris did indeed do a number on Endor! Lol!

I'd say it's a reasonably safe bet a Fett film is likely happening but I'm still not keen on seeing young Han Solo...

I've been saying for a while that I would like for Disney to decide the need to build a real life Scrooge Mcduck money pool and finance it by pretending the prequels never happened and just remaking them.

Wanting a Fett movie just reinforces that argument for me. If you could erase episode 2, there would actually be plenty of room for an amazing Fett origin story.

Yeah, the Fett origins story that we have right now blows. One of the things that really bugs me about the prequels.

I heard a while back that there was a treatment floating around that Boba Fett from Ep. II would be killed off by some unknown character who would then take the suit, Slave I and the mantle of Boba Fett. This way it wouldn't contradict the Prequels (much to the PT fans delight) but would also give OT fans a man of mystery again in the character. He would then be more like The Man with No Name. Mysterious, unknown origins, but building a reputation as one of the most notorious bounty hunters in the galaxy.

I would be totally on board with a movie like that. In fact I think that's exactly the kind of stand alone movie the Star Wars franchise needs.

That's so dumb, I hope they steer clear of that. It is what it is, make something work. I don't want a bunch of revisionists thinking they know better than Lucas and altering all the stuff he set down.

Amen to this. Don't force contrived rewrites into already existing canon. They definitely need to stay away from backtracking

I heard a while back that there was a treatment floating around that Boba Fett from Ep. II would be killed off by some unknown character...

Yikes. IMO, one of the more compelling things about the Boba we know, is his disdain for the Jedi. I mean, he saw his father killed by one. That's heavy stuff. So, we already have an intriguing character with an emotional agenda, that's fighting this internal "highest bidder" struggle to remain cold and detached. He's someone we can already relate to as a "human", which can a big deal, going in.

Plus, even though this "killing off" would likely take place well after AOTC, we still think of Boba as a child, and so when I think of that plotline, I think of little Boba being killed. And that doesn't feel good. :-\

As always, IMHO.

I thought it was an interesting concept. Then again I have no emotional attachment to the character. To me he's a cool looking henchman with an amazing costume and ship

Yikes. IMO, one of the more compelling things about the Boba we know, is his disdain for the Jedi. I mean, he saw his father killed by one. That's heavy stuff.

I actually prefer how they played that in the old EU -- in the Legacy of the Force books. When Jaina braced him about that, he said that's not it. Yeah, losing his father hurt a lot. But it's more about the fact that Jedi and Sith have been at it for thousands of years, and the ordinary people of the galaxy are always caught between, and keep dying for their doctrinal squabbles.

Plus, even though this "killing off" would likely take place well after AOTC, we still think of Boba as a child, and so when I think of that plotline, I think of little Boba being killed. And that doesn't feel good. :-\

I'll be honest. I hope Boba isn't killed and replaced. I like Daniel Logan. I like who he's grown into. I like his enthusiasm for Boba. I like that he has his own terrifically accurate Boba costume... And as for Bryancd's comment a page back about him lacking gravitas? I disagree. When he's not hamming it up for the camera, he was already pretty good a couple years ago:

2b41b4ba818d8cebff5617b46e96b68fbac32b26_hq.jpg

,,,And he's only gotten better since:

26991629_2108057429223061_7731457461135431990_n.jpg

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back