Solo: A Star Wars Story

Toyfair said Spring 2018, what better time than May the 4th! I was hoping to get my hands on this fuzzball in May, but its release is aimed for Fall 2018
STAR-WARS-ULTIMATE-CO-PILOT-CHEWIE-825x1024.jpg

I'd like to hear familiar names, or see some models but not the *exact* same vehicles once in a while. Just like real life, we see/hear about cities and countries that exist, but arent thrown in our face to know they are there.

Something like this: Han needs a hiding spot because he made some gangsters mad (lets say he swiped some loot and claimed he lost it in an Imperial seize) so he, Lando, and Chewie check the charts, "Alderaan, its a quiet place, no trouble there, we'd be fine hiding there!" And then they settle on hiding inside an asteroid and keeping the payload to themselves. Something to show its the same galaxy, but not shoehorning in faces, and not making it so different that it seems like a fanfic film made by someone who just doesnt get it.

And quite frankly, they owe Alderaan more screen time than the 10 seconds at the end of ROTS. Our only view looked pretty empty quite frankly. Clearly they were out in the boonies of alderaan, but still.

International (He's not) Solo trailer

How did Disney's boy miss this?

Last edited by a moderator:
And quite frankly, they owe Alderaan more screen time than the 10 seconds at the end of ROTS. Our only view looked pretty empty quite frankly. Clearly they were out in the boonies of alderaan, but still.

You want to see a planet full of hippie protestors? :lol Because that's what they sound like. I'd rather see Corellia and more of Coruscant, which has plenty of place for lowlifes to hide.

Is there anything different in the international trailer?

I dunno, maybe in Chinese it's got their adapted film title, "Ranger Solo". Anyone read Chinese?

But god, his squeaky little voice when he says, "We're fine, we're fine.", is so NOT Han Solo--he sounds more like Leo DiCaprio talking to Kate Winslet in Titanic. He's got that scrunched up face like Leo, too. I'd say Alden's the love-child of Leonardo DiCaprio and Ray Liotta.

The Wook

OK, finally they show him delivering some lines, I think the folks that thought this guy was a casting disaster may be right.
I don't see Han Solo, I don't hear Han Solo. The presence is all wrong. He's not there.

Dont worry.
There are still a lot of deluded people who somehow think alden aka ray liotta is capturing the "spirit" of han solo.

Ive had dumps with corn that have more han solo spirit than this movie ever could.

I dunno, maybe in Chinese it's got their adapted film title, "Ranger Solo". Anyone read Chinese?

But god, his squeaky little voice when he says, "We're fine, we're fine.", is so NOT Han Solo--he sounds more like Leo DiCaprio talking to Kate Winslet in Titanic. He's got that scrunched up face like Leo, too. I'd say Alden's the love-child of Leonardo DiCaprio and Ray Liotta.

The Wook

The only reason alden aka leo and rays son is in this is because he met spielberg at a bar mitsvah and spielberg ordered sith kennedy to select him. They didnt audition anyone else.

Even the original directors lord and miller had no say in casting.

Go watch the original unveiling of alden. Lord and miller accidentally tell everyone alden was the first to audition.

It was always sith kennedys intention to use alden. She does what spielberg tells her to do.

Im sure ronny howard will have tried to salvage something from this mess.

The only reason alden aka leo and rays son is in this is because he met spielberg at a bar mitsvah and spielberg ordered sith kennedy to select him. They didnt audition anyone else.

Even the original directors lord and miller had no say in casting.

Go watch the original unveiling of alden. Lord and miller accidentally tell everyone alden was the first to audition.

It was always sith kennedys intention to use alden. She does what spielberg tells her to do.

Im sure ronny howard will have tried to salvage something from this mess.

At this point I'm starting to lean on just skipping the entire thing, unless I hear some amazing reviews for the right reasons.
I'm leaving the door cracked open for now. anything less than a home run, I'm not sure I want it in my head.
This is Han Freekin' Solo after all. A pillar of the OT!
If it's not dead bang on then it's not Solo. We don't need "Jake Solo".

At least "Go for the Lando."
Why do I think that is going to be a thing?

Last edited:
That bit where Daenarys says she knows who he really is, and he goes "Heh, what's that?" . . . . for the life of me I don't know why they are putting that clip in all the trailers. It adds nothing in the marketing sense. He comes off nothing like Han or even a similar character. It just reminds you that they are passing off some new dork as Han Solo.

That bit where Daenarys says she knows who he really is, and he goes "Heh, what's that?" . . . . for the life of me I don't know why they are putting that clip in all the trailers. It adds nothing in the marketing sense. He comes off nothing like Han or even a similar character. It just reminds you that they are passing off some new dork as Han Solo.

So help me, if I hear "not your father's Han Solo" or "this is Han Solo for a new generation of fans" I'm going to puke. LOL

Well, I've got a buddy with a super high SWIQ (in many respects, equal to my own, if you can believe that), who's not on the RPF, but who I talk Star Wars with all the time. He's pointed out to me something I missed in this new Japanese trailer. The voice dubbing for Alden has begun...but NOT in Japanese, in ENGLISH.

In the top trailer, the American one that was released the day after the Super Bowl, listen to Alden say, "Get ready.". And then listen to the line in the new Japanese trailer, and tell me if they sound different to you. Of course they do. They (Disney? The Japanese? The Freemasons??) got a voice over actor to dub that line over Alden's weak, high-pitched, shrill delivery of it.

Check it out. :lol

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back