Han Solo ANH - 'trash compactor escape' [kid costume]

This looks awsome!!!! Where did your friend get the vest templates from again? Js because I am about to do a budget build over Han Solo's trash compactor costume as well.

Thanks,
Alex

This looks awsome!!!! Where did your friend get the vest templates from again? Js because I am about to do a budget build over Han Solo's trash compactor costume as well.

i'll ask her what the template is, but its an old one she already had for a top/jacket. It was used as a guide and then material cropped etc to best suit the design of the Vest. As for the actual Solo parts, these were just scalled down to best suit a child. So by 'eye, to fit the Vest. Only the heights of the pockets were reduced as the widths weren't to bad :)

Finished off adding poppers to the trooper belt and fixed the front section with drop boxes onto it :)
Finished off leg one blood stripes :)

started on hemming edges and sowing front to back parts of the shirt, last night :)

todays work: finish spraying blaster, then later tonight will be more shirt work and more blood stripes :( lol , I am seriously hating blood stripes sowing :D

The pattern is just one she had, its a 'butterick b5359, sizes (Y (xs-s-m)) its a ladies one. [Here in the UK]

All the pocket sizes etc were 'found sizes' from other costume threads on here, so all thanks go to them for researching and hard work :cool. I just modified sizes to suit the template/pattern :)

Finished!

Late few nights, once kids were in bed :rolleyes lol. And after a few mistakes with reverse cutting out of collar for the shirt, mis-counting of stripes per leg :( ,with the help of my friend Karen, I managed to get everything done. He's not had the chance to try it all on together, but will do tonight (Wednesday). Prob won't get time now to upload pics of him till next week, as I have to pack outfit to take with me to Celebration Europe (tomorrow). But her's some 'poor' quality pics I took before going to bed.
Jacob's Han Solo [complete] - WP_004453.jpgJacob's Han Solo [complete] - WP_004456.jpgJacob's Han Solo shirt - WP_004448.jpgJacob's Han Solo shirt - WP_004449.jpg

Not 100% happy with how the stripes turned out, but the look is there and for now they will have to do.

Also finished off the blaster, again, pics next week on my return.

My Son will be joining me on Sunday at the R2 Builders area.
Thanks for reading and all the likes and feed back, I hope this helps others with their costume builds :) :thumbsup

So, my Son had a fantastic time at CE3 (he came on the Sunday). He loved his costume and really enjoyed the experience of it all. Had his picture taken by lots of people by himself & stood with R5 too.
WP_004532 - Han JJ Solo.jpg WP_004533 - Me & Han.jpg IMG_4751 - R5 & Han JJ Solo.JPG

Just want to say thanks to everyone who has led the way with the costumes patterns etc, I hope this helps others who want to do a kid versions as well.
Also a big thanks to everyone who's liked and commented, it does mean a lot to know people are actually reading this lol.

Next outfit, so I've been told by my 9yr daughter is a Jessika Pava outfit........ :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back