SL ANH Darth Vader Helmet Discussion Thread

Actually if you have had experience photographing Vader helmets, it should be clear that the "kid"(?) picture is closer, but they are close enough that the necks lower edges match up (if you were to overlay the necks). Closer images show a larger mask in proportion to the helmet than those taken further away. If there was a distance difference, you would not be able to match both the dome and the mask in terms of size, because one would be proportionally larger than the other. I'll try to show that later on.

Actually, I was wrong. Measuring the facial features, I found the distance across from tip to tip of the cheek bones and the distance from the bottom of the neck to the bottom of the bridge between tusks and from there to the top of the face of the nose, to be exactly the same in both images. So the distance to the helmet is the same. However, since the dome is not straight on the real helmet and it is on the SL, changing the angle, I submit this renders the overlay an invalid comparison.

[QUOTEAnd yet the shape of the edge, even the details on the edge, match what we see on the original when seen in a straight on front view. So how could the corner be more square on the SL if there were no difference in detail? If it is square, then surely the details or shape of that edge seen straight-on should be different? It isn't. Yes, even if the shape of the edge is the same, the whole flaring could be angled outward or inward from the face, but the corner itself to be more rounded would have to then have a totally different edge profile. That corner looks rounder onscreen because of the tilt of the helmet, probably because of the type of lens used (they shot across the table and wanted a tight shot so they would have to use a medium-telephoto).

][/QUOTE]

It could be the lighting difference, but the I can see an area at the very bottom, front of the left skirt (Vader's right) that I can't see on the SL, which makes the original look more tapered and rounded compared to the SL looking more square.

skirtedge.jpg

Last edited:
However, since the dome is not straight on the real helmet and it is on the SL, changing the angle, I submit this renders the overlay an invalid comparison.

It could be the lighting difference, but the I can see an area at the very bottom, front of the left skirt (Vader's right) that I can't see on the SL, which makes the original look more tapered and rounded compared to the SL looking more square.

skirtedge.jpg

Maybe this will help. I knew I had a comparison from not too long after I got the SL ANH as I was seeing how it stacked up against the more popular screencaps. Anyway, here's a different angle of the master helmet.

VaderDSconfvsSLANH3f.jpg

And Vader's right front flaring lower corner at higher resolution...

SLANHvsOriginalANHLFlarecorner1c.jpg

If you play with the overlay you will see some details, not all, that blend together, particularly on the right side of the corner. But the shape of the inside edge of the corner is exactly the same. So how could the curvature possibly be different there as you seem convinced?

Hi Friends ,
is it possible to order the sl anh darth vader helmet ?
where ? how ?
how much ?
thanks
Welcome to the forum. You're unlikely to get much of a response here, as this thread has been dead for about 5 years.

To answer your questions:

No, it's not really possible to "order" one, as far as I'm aware the only way to get one is to get to know the person who owns the original and makes them (SithLord would be his name, aka Thomas). Not something that can happen overnight from what I understand. Other possibility is getting one second-hand from someone who did it the first way, but in that case you would most likely need to have some history documenting who you are and some way of proving you aren't just looking to make cheap copies of the helmet.

Not sure of cost, but I'm guessing it's expensive- likely more than $1000, to give you some very rough estimate. Could easily be more, but I can't see it being less.

Based on all of these factors I'd suggest looking for alternatives, which may be easier to obtain and are possibly less expensive to boot. At some point you may be able to obtain an SL, but I wouldn't make it your first target. I would also suggest taking a look around the Prop Den (another forum) to learn about the different helmets and castings that exist. Good luck!

To be fair, some prop makers are way easier to order from than others. Some of them are pretty much impossible unless you are welcomed into a special inner circle and granted secret knowledge. Others you can simply look up in a For Sale forum or Facebook.

It's pretty annoying to see references to items made by different people, but no simple way to find out how to aquire one or if they are even available.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Hi Friends ,
is it possible to order the sl anh darth vader helmet ?
where ? how ?
how much ?
thanks

Not for you.You need a very good reputation over a long time and known friends with also a good reputation on the RPF to order a helmet from him.
And you should never say something about you wanna RECASTING something in your threads(or doing it)...thats also very helpful!:lol

i never thinking that is amazon for prop replicas little clutch

For some reason, I keep seeing these guys when I read that. Lol!

140207_2724441_Weekend_Update_Segment___Hans_and_Franz_anvver_3.jpg

It's all good. I just get a little bent seeing 1st posts of people asking where they can buy something. Especially something as rare as this helmet.

thanks Kroenen !!!that is a reply that i like , i got a simple question and you get me a simple reply , not other ......
i'm a statue collector and i like star wars (not all movie )
from sometimes i like to buy a vader helmet ...
p.s sorry for the english
to the end between that i saw i prefer sl
but i don't find any contact to have more info , that is because i write here
about that i'm not a recaster ,,,
so if for me is not possible to order that
only to know how much cost that vader helmet ? (sl)
and some info about quasimodo ? or new anovos ? quality about that ?
i know efx yet , i like that , to the end maybe i will buy the prc version ,(however i prefer fiberglass material)
because i don't like to spend 2000 usd +- for the legend or limited , because i think is more for that product
thanks

Dear Clutch
my first post was to buy ? yes
i know what a rare item is ? yes i'm a collector from 10 years , not 50 usd item value
i'm not a social man , sorry if i broke your humor
second , that is not the capitalism ?
so thanks for your love

thanks Kroenen !!!that is a reply that i like , i got a simple question and you get me a simple reply , not other ......
i'm a statue collector and i like star wars (not all movie )
from sometimes i like to buy a vader helmet ...
p.s sorry for the english
to the end between that i saw i prefer sl
but i don't find any contact to have more info , that is because i write here
about that i'm not a recaster ,,,
so if for me is not possible to order that
only to know how much cost that vader helmet ? (sl)
and some info about quasimodo ? or new anovos ? quality about that ?
i know efx yet , i like that , to the end maybe i will buy the prc version ,(however i prefer fiberglass material)
because i don't like to spend 2000 usd +- for the legend or limited , because i think is more for that product
thanks

No problem.It looks always not good if a new member with no reputation and posts comes on the board an wants to buy all the best props you can have.
Its a community here and if you are a while here you will know the right guys and the best sources one day.
But I can understand your sight also..you want a good helmet for your money.If you want a great Vaderhelmet from ANH that is from the Originalmold the EFX Plastikhelmet is also a great start.With some mods it can look nice like the legend or limited.

Left is the LE and right the Plastic one:

31104622tk.jpg

And here is mine:

31104667ag.jpg

i know well efx
about money i could spent 200 usd or 2000 ,
but i think is better to spent more for an sl than efx legend or limited
about quasimodo and anovos you know that ?
sorry for the question , if you don't like talk about that , don't worry
however thanks

Then you must wait a long time for the SL..if the maker will thrust you.
Quasimodo is the best fanmade you can buy.I think it has a great look..but comes not from a real Moviehelmet.
Anovos says their helmet comes from a real ESB helmet...but I´m not a big fan of this helmet...very soft details and everthing looks a little bit out of shape.
Its always a thing what you prefer.If I would have the coice between Anovos or Quasimodo..I would 110% buy the Quasimodobucket!
Thats my sight on the things!;)

It isn't unreasonable for someone new to ask how to aquire a highly regarded prop replica. In the stormtrooper world many people think RS Props is the best. It is simply a matter of visiting their website to place an order. As has been mentioned for Vaders, Quasimodo is very good. I'm not aware of much difficulty with ordering one of those, but they do want to see some history of being active on these boards. Others are virtually impossible unless you become friends with the right people.

Not all quality replica props are really difficult to order, but some are.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Buy the plastic EFX. Enjoy its value for money and accurate geometry then work your way around the hobby and get to know people in the right places. Wait a while and get trusted and known to people. A bit of effort and patience and after a long while you will get what you want or similar. Just be patient and enjoy the ride. There's a lot of good people here with awesome stuff to offer.

Ben

i know well efx
about money i could spent 200 usd or 2000 ,
but i think is better to spent more for an sl than efx legend or limited
about quasimodo and anovos you know that ?
sorry for the question , if you don't like talk about that , don't worry
however thanks

Go for the EFX PCR (plastic) version if you don't want to spend too much. Go for the EFX LE and/or Legend if you want to spend more. Anovos helmet is nice but a bit too idealized for my own taste, you might like it. Quasimodo is a superb fan made helmet indeed, well worth taking a look!
SL is a different animal all together, and as others have been said there are some conditions to buy it, not everyone qualifies.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back