The beginning of my A New Hope Graflex build!

So here is a little update! I got my wannawanga parts in as well as Todd's grips. I also purchased Gino's grips as well, because I want to compare them all side by side and make up my mind. ;)

I decided that I like Todd's the best so far so just for fun I used the guides on parts for Star Wars to cut my wannawanga grips to size and used a little double sided tape to put them on temporarily. Now I have a little preview of what's to come! I'm so happy with everything so far! Here's some pics!
7caa177d71a425ea298bd9167922c13d.jpg
d18a9d8c17097d7354f9f69621cfc7bf.jpg
549335ec5a36b3a0fc09559c9fa5d613.jpg
7c566902a08925a97eaf27a8ad0ac7ed.jpg

Last edited:
Dang that looks great!! The parts of Star Wars template worked for you?! I could ever get them to print right

That saber my friend is a thing of beauty. Can't ever go wrong with wannawanga parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang that looks great!! The parts of Star Wars template worked for you?! I could ever get them to print right

That saber my friend is a thing of beauty. Can't ever go wrong with wannawanga parts!

Thanks so much [emoji4] Roy's parts are fantastic! I'm just waiting on Gino's T-tracks to decide which grips I'm sticking with permanently.

Yeah, I printed the guides the wrong size like 3-4 times. I had to download adobe acrobat and import the PDF to get them to print the actual size of the file. (The correct size)

Thanks so much [emoji4]

Yeah, I printed the guides the wrong size like 3-4 times. I had to download adobe acrobat and import the PDF to get them to print the actual size of the file. (The correct size)

Aaah! So that's the trick! You seriously have a beautiful flash there!

that's weird, my Parts ofSW template printed fine the very first time and I've been using the same two templates since 2012.

Looking god man! make sure to post SUPER detailed pics of all the T track

that's weird, my Parts ofSW template printed fine the very first time and I've been using the same two templates since 2012.

That's a great idea Scott!
When I get Gino's in I'm going to do a super close up side by side comparison of the 3 profiles.

Scott we are talking about ol' halliwax here. My father always has this saying about me "kid, you could f' up a free lunch"

Why don't you get the 3-D printed grip alignment part.. They will be perfectly aligned

I considered purchasing it, but I'm actually having this done as a commission for me. I'm just gathering all of the parts that I would like to use. I've put a lot of money (for me at least) into this project so far and I refuse to screw it up for myself by making a simple novice mistake. It's a vintage and I don't want to mess around. If I was a little more competent I would absolutely go ahead and do it myself, but that's not the case. I want to get a parks 2.0 after this possibly and try my hand at a full install, without the fear of messing up a relic.

How was the size of that D-ring on the camera case? I also have a no patent folmer I'm trying to make 100% vintage if I can

How was the size of that D-ring on the camera case? I also have a no patent folmer I'm trying to make 100% vintage if I can

Unfortunately, it was comedically undersized!!! Haha. But it was worth a shot. I'm trying to go as vintage as I can, but it looks like my grips and d-ring will be replicas. WannaWanga's d-ring is mostly accurate from what I can tell, and I really like it. I'm not gonna go with Roy's T-track though. I have Todd's, which is great and has the asymmetrical thing going on for it. And Gino's, which in my opinion is just fabulous track.

The original had no asymetric shape.

I know better than to debate this with you! Haha. Although after speaking with quite a few people in the community I've came to the personal conclusion that it looks a little bit more like an artifact from cutting the grips than it does the whole track being asymmetrical. That's why I'll be going with Gino's grips. In my opinion they are second to none. Roy's are fantastic. But I really love Gino's. When I got them in hand they just felt right.

Aye, it´s from cutting and angle when making the pic what makes some people believe it´s shape is asymmetric.

Don´t let me start on Gino´s - i have a certain pov on his statements abbout their accuracy, i know what it costs to have such shape extruded (and imho he´s ripping of people with his requested price in combination to his accuracy statements). But under the line they are not bad and if you are happy with them .... why not.

Aye, it´s from cutting and angle when making the pic what makes some people believe it´s shape is asymmetric.

Don´t let me start on Gino´s - i have a certain pov on his statements abbout their accuracy, i know what it costs to have such shape extruded (and imho he´s ripping of people with his requested price in combination to his accuracy statements). But under the line they are not bad and if you are happy with them .... why not.

From what I can tell the best options out there are Roy, Todd, and Gino. Setting aside Todd's, since its asymmetrical, that leaves us with Gino and Roy. At a mere fraction of the price Gino charges you can get Roy's, and they are wonderful grips. People can say what they will about Gino. Yes, his price was high, but he was nothing but professional when communicating with me and when I got them in hand and compared them they made me super happy. I was more than ok with the price tag, but it is steep. I personally believe them to be the most accurate track available. This is my own opinion I've formed from looking at many reference pictures. Everyone is entitled to their own.

I personally believe that believing something is for the church only, out of that i prefer proof. And while i have several real flashes, i don´t believe him anything nor has he ever given any proof. Under that circumstances his greedy pricepoint is only the last nail in the coffin. So none of my real flashes will ever see one of his sets. But you are new to the hobby and we older ones know how nice he can talk. But still never any proof has given.

I personally believe that believing something is for the church only, out of that i prefer proof. And while i have several real flashes, i don´t believe him anything nor has he ever given any proof. Under that circumstances his greedy pricepoint is only the last nail in the coffin. So none of my real flashes will ever see one of his sets. But you are new to the hobby and we older ones know how nice he can talk. But still never any proof has given.

I always respect what you have to add to my threads. Some really fantastic insight. Thanks as always. What do you prefer on your flashes?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back