Battle starship

....and we all expect it to be a real working vacuum AND robot....

:facepalm

There was another thing I forgot. It is a part of the rear that I mentioned earlier. I drew many design and I came up with one design,
Then I had to mass produce small parts again. It is only 20 pieces though.

lFmL7q5.jpg

1QdOXJz.jpg

Z45y0l4.jpg

5OTV3C0.jpg

Assembled those parts and fit it to the ship.

chKORv1.jpg

t1IQt6x.jpg

ilfUaVM.jpg

1sb82Vc.jpg

How do you like this.

Here is the pics of test build.
I needed to see how it looks like before I make many parts.

h3HJHOX.jpg

ivxNKGN.jpg

dWPpwIl.jpg

I used have considered seriously purchasing a laser cutter before.
It would dramatically reduce working hours and the quality of individual parts would be even and good.
Nevertheless, as I make each piece manually, as I make it, my skill will also rise and I will be able to make it accurately.
I (you) can see the difference by comparing the first part with the last part. Such a thing seems to be fun for me.
Also, it is a pleasant task for me to devise a work process and select a tool for making a lot of parts efficiently.
Let's endure the laser cutter for a while.

Thanks for looking.

katsu

Last edited:
Oh, I do Like these details! Very cool looking!
Precision has it place and I make use of my 3D printers for such a reason but the hand crafted aspect of this creation is part of its soul.
I bet you could come up with a great back story for the little variations. :D

Fantastic additions Katsu - san !:thumbsup ,

They give the ship an ‘ aggressive ‘ feel ..., like - You don’t wanna mess with this Mama ! . She’s Beautifully Scary :lol , like a lot of women I know ;)!

Totally agree with putting the purchase of a laser cutter / printer on hold . Your intricate skills and creativity more than make up for it :p

Seems to me you’re your own worst enemy my friend , when it comes to wanting / needing to finish this project ! .
You keep feeding the ‘ Bad Boys ‘ with incredibly beautiful updates , so we can’t help but want more ! .... It’s a vicious circle !:lol

:cheersGed

Ged...come to the dark side and join us bad boys! Give in to your desires to see more fantastic stuff from Katsu by making creative suggestions and praises he can't resist and you will know the true pleasure of this project! :lol
...not to mention the popcorn. :popcorn

:angel

:facepalm

There was another thing I forgot. It is a part of the rear that I mentioned earlier. I drew many design and I came up with one design,
Then I had to mass produce small parts again. It is only 20 pieces though.

I used have considered seriously purchasing a laser cutter before.
It would dramatically reduce working hours and the quality of individual parts would be even and good.
Nevertheless, as I make each piece manually, as I make it, my skill will also rise and I will be able to make it accurately.
I (you) can see the difference by comparing the first part with the last part. Such a thing seems to be fun for me.
Also, it is a pleasant task for me to devise a work process and select a tool for making a lot of parts efficiently.
Let's endure the laser cutter for a while.

Thanks for looking.

katsu

You could try casting some pieces using the lost wax technique to make a mold of a master.

Another option is to make a "die cut"? out of steel sheet. I can't remember the exact word, but in one of my metal smithing classes we had to do a small scale "mass production" where would take a steel plate, cut out a shape, leaving just a little tab connecting it, insert softer sheet metal into it (like brass or aluminum) then put it in a press. You could then essentially mass produce exact duplicates relatively quickly and easily. If you don't have a press, you could always hammer it

Think of it as a "cookie cutter" for softer metals

For example, the shape below, the white line would be where you cut using a jewelers saw.

Technically, If you had a better way to align the die, then you don't need the tab part

You then simply lift it up and stick an aluminum sheet in between, then use a press to force it down and effectively cut out the shape and they only thing you have to do is trim off the tab from the cutout shape.

I hope that makes sense

I also enjoy the little irregularities in the pieces. There's something very satisfying and thrilling about seeing those tiny differences and knowing they're the result of being hand made.

Although if the repetition of making all those pieces is getting you down, nobody could blame you for trying to find another solution. Blakeh1's idea sounds like an interesting mixture of hand made and machined.

Oh, I do Like these details! Very cool looking!
Precision has it place and I make use of my 3D printers for such a reason but the hand crafted aspect of this creation is part of its soul.
I bet you could come up with a great back story for the little variations. :D

Th... thank you .....:facepalm

Fantastic additions Katsu - san !:thumbsup ,

They give the ship an ‘ aggressive ‘ feel ..., like - You don’t wanna mess with this Mama ! . She’s Beautifully Scary :lol , like a lot of women I know ;)!

Totally agree with putting the purchase of a laser cutter / printer on hold . Your intricate skills and creativity more than make up for it :p

Seems to me you’re your own worst enemy my friend , when it comes to wanting / needing to finish this project ! .
You keep feeding the ‘ Bad Boys ‘ with incredibly beautiful updates , so we can’t help but want more ! .... It’s a vicious circle !:lol

:cheersGed

Thanks!
Looks like you have many stroy about the women...:D
...and looks like I got a bad karma.....:facepalm

Ged...come to the dark side and join us bad boys! Give in to your desires to see more fantastic stuff from Katsu by making creative suggestions and praises he can't resist and you will know the true pleasure of this project! :lol
...not to mention the popcorn. :popcorn

:angel

Noooooooooo!!!!

Thanks!

New parts look really good. Of course I don't think anything you add would be bad.

Thank you, Mickael-san!

You could try casting some pieces using the lost wax technique to make a mold of a master.

Another option is to make a "die cut"? out of steel sheet. I can't remember the exact word, but in one of my metal smithing classes we had to do a small scale "mass production" where would take a steel plate, cut out a shape, leaving just a little tab connecting it, insert softer sheet metal into it (like brass or aluminum) then put it in a press. You could then essentially mass produce exact duplicates relatively quickly and easily. If you don't have a press, you could always hammer it

Think of it as a "cookie cutter" for softer metals

For example, the shape below, the white line would be where you cut using a jewelers saw.

http://i.imgur.com/TMDwEDH.png

Technically, If you had a better way to align the die, then you don't need the tab part

You then simply lift it up and stick an aluminum sheet in between, then use a press to force it down and effectively cut out the shape and they only thing you have to do is trim off the tab from the cutout shape.

I hope that makes sense

I got a big sense! Thanks you for the tips. I will check any Youtube or something and find the way.
It's got be very useful for my nest build.

Very nice addition!

I'm sure you'd figure out ways to use a laser cutter that the designer never had in mind. :) But that you're doing such a fantastic job without one is remarkable.

Thank you so much!!

I also enjoy the little irregularities in the pieces. There's something very satisfying and thrilling about seeing those tiny differences and knowing they're the result of being hand made.

Although if the repetition of making all those pieces is getting you down, nobody could blame you for trying to find another solution. Blakeh1's idea sounds like an interesting mixture of hand made and machined.

Thank you Bones-san! Nothing can hide from your sharp eyes​
:p
.​
Yes, I should have known that here is the nest of experts! :thumbsup

Thank you guys and I'm sorry about the late reply. I attended a sudden funeral yesterday.
That was my ancle. 90.

Last edited by a moderator:
Katsu - san ,

Hoping you and your family are safe and as well as can be .
Was watching a channel over here on t.v. - it has international news stories , and it showed that parts of Japan is experiencing very heavy snowfalls . Not sure where you live exactly , but hopefully it’s not too severe !
Take care mate .

Ged

Sorry for your loss

My condolences. Take care of things with your family - the ship and the RPF can wait.

Katsu - san ,

Hoping you and your family are safe and as well as can be .
Was watching a channel over here on t.v. - it has international news stories , and it showed that parts of Japan is experiencing very heavy snowfalls . Not sure where you live exactly , but hopefully it’s not too severe !
Take care mate .

Ged

Thank you for your kindness, gents.

At the funeral, we talked about his life and laughed each other.
I remember the day of new year's holiday almost 45 years ago.
He performed a sudden strip show in his living room with the music of
Swan Lake in front of all the relative gathered around. That was a good panic for all of us.
The world was young and we had to work hard everydays. Some of us got go too hilarious then.
At least, I don't think he did a sexsual harrasment in public because everybody there was burst out laughing.

Ged-san,
Thank you for your care for us.
We are all OK.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Am liking you creation more and more! Love the photos last posted! The cloaking device for this vessel must be HUGE! ;-)
Tommie

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back