Show your custom Lightsabers!

Yeah-- I'd love to know all the parts-- looks good.

And thanks for rescuing this thread!

Here's my latest!

canon_snub1.jpg
canon_snub2.jpg
canon_snub3.jpg
canon_snub4.jpg

Hey SethS ! I think I'm becoming a sucker for knurling, that grip is quite lovely! Especially the smooth breaks interspaced between the straight lines in the lower end, it reminds me of cubes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @CrazyCraig ! Where's that small, Hale's Grenade-ish windvaney looking part from that's between the choke and the rectangular black "button"? It looks a lot like the Luke ROTJ saber "windvanes". Great find if it's some random part!
I'm not completely sure by your description, but. Assuming the choke is the thinnest part, going forward from the button (button to emitter) are 3 different parts. Up against the button is a wheel bearing from a hand trolley (think in the US its a hand truck), then aluminium tube, then copper-pipe reducer, and on top of that another wheel bearing of larger diameter. I used them because they make a nice facsimile of the Obi Wan saber.

Yeah-- I'd love to know all the parts-- looks good.

And thanks for rescuing this thread!
Its a great thread. It cannot die.:thumbsup

I only bought 2 parts for this one, a poly-pipe connector (pommel) and a copper pipe reducer (choke). Everything else is found or made. The emitter is a door handle, with part of the internal handle mechanism from another used as the emitter spout(?) and a thick washer/spacer for the nozzle. Then wheel bearing (picked up off road), copper reducer, wheel bearing, male hosetail fitting. The button on the hosetail is made from a piece of aluminium window frame and some aluminium scrap. The larger collar under the button is turned aluminium. The other nob on the aluminium main tube body is probably from a pushbike (found on road). Then a bit of a brass hosetail fitting, fly-screen spagetti (that's what I call it, its the stuff use to press into fly-wire in doors and windows), more aluminium tube, poly hosetail and cap. The D-ring is either part of a dog lead or strap of some sort, also off the road. Apart from that there is some PVC pipe up the middle and two screws and few washers.

I'm not completely sure by your description, but. I used them because they make a nice facsimile of the Obi Wan saber.

Perfect! You got it spot on! "Flanged Wheel Bearings" pops up lots of hits!!!

Does your emitter spin? That'd be way cool. Put some ABEC-9 bearings in there, give it a slap, and watch it wizz around for days!!!

Thank you for the info, those will make a great Luke ROTJ style "windvane".

Last edited:
Perfect! You got it spot on! "Flanged Wheel Bearings" pops up lots of hits!!!

Does your emitter spin? That be way cool. Put some ABEC-9 bearings in there, give it a slap, and watch it wizz around for days!!!

Thank you for the info, those will make a great Luke ROTJ style "windvane".
The emitter doesn't spin. That top bearing is a broken one with a couple of the ball-bearings missing and it attaches to the copper reducer before the emitter also. The whole choke and emitter did spin off the smaller lower bearing before I put a screw through the 'control box'/ switch though.

still have a few things to add and a little clean up or weathering

I like the main body as is, the chrome on the emitter and the brass bits could be toned down a bit to match the rest and I think you'll have a winner!

That pic #3 reads as a clear rollerblade wheel to me. I said to myself, "Wow! Somebody thought of spinning emitters in the OT and then started thinking about bearings, and ABEC5's, and then rollerblade wheels, and then they went and made a lightsaber out of one. That's crazy!!!" Even in the enlarged version of the photo, it still looks like a clear wheel to me and I had to really scrutinize it to see the different levels/bevels through the flash flare.

I totally love that belt hanger ring. It's difficult to beat old fashioned simple ingenuity. Very cool.

Looking forward to seeing you call this one finished and how it turns out!

I like the main body as is, the chrome on the emitter and the brass bits could be toned down a bit to match the rest and I think you'll have a winner!

That pic #3 reads as a clear rollerblade wheel to me. I said to myself, "Wow! Somebody thought of spinning emitters in the OT and then started thinking about bearings, and ABEC5's, and then rollerblade wheels, and then they went and made a lightsaber out of one. That's crazy!!!" Even in the enlarged version of the photo, it still looks like a clear wheel to me and I had to really scrutinize it to see the different levels/bevels through the flash flare.

I totally love that belt hanger ring. It's difficult to beat old fashioned simple ingenuity. Very cool.

Looking forward to seeing you call this one finished and how it turns out!
No rollerblade wheels were harmed in the making of this custom saber, only shower parts, brass discs with holes in and an old torch
IMG_0763.JPGIMG_0764.JPGIMG_0765.JPGIMG_0766.JPGIMG_0760.JPGIMG_0761.JPGIMG_0762.JPG

Reviving this thread because I love lightsabers, that's why. :)

My personal saber:

my lightsaber (1).jpg

Based off of my favorite non-canon Jedi's saber...standard Sf ASP parts, heavily customized; an irish Celtic sea symbol etched into the top and a quote from FIREFLY etched into the body, in Aurabesh.

Currently sporting the best sound around (CF 8) and a wildly cool crystal chamber with accent LED's. I love it so hard.

my lightsaber (2).jpg

my lightsaber (5).jpg

Very cool!!! I really like the weathering on the emitter. It looks like it has some history. I've got a bunch of lightsaber-ish looking internal parts so I'll have to make guts for my next custom.

I'm currently working on a steampunk/ ESB style Vader saber. Chaim once left the reflector dish rods in a Heiland shroud on one of his custom sabers. I did too, except ( like kurtyboy's Rebel blaster), I sent the full rods into a Nikon 3 cell saber body. This also includes a red button sourced from the Nikon flash itself!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back