Darth Vader reveal helmet

Every vadermask based on the UK mold.And that is the ANH facemask.All you need is to cut the lower vent bigger.The EFX is very smooth and has not the original sidetubes...but I think for a Reveal its ok,because you must mold new tubes on the mask later.
Its like "Brothervader"said...this project is really not so easy..if you cut the mask wrong your facemask its ruined.And you need really serious skills to rework all the stuff on and in the mold.I think for you its better to practise this on a very cheap mask first before you cut an expensive cast.
Here's the honest truth, while everyone is trying to be very supportive of your project, there are very few people in the world that have the skill level to pull this off from start to finish. Even with all the good advice in the world, this is probably something you shouldn't be attempting unless you have Hands-On help from someone who has done it before. Cutting up a Vader mask is no small task. You might want to reconsider this whole project, before you spend a lot of money, and end up realizing you're way over your head.

Right...if he would read my thread he would know a lot more over this prop.But he is too lazy for this..thats it all!
And if I and others would see that he really starts with his mask and has problems he could ask for help also.
But I´ve never seen something from him.

i think I’m going to go read your thread now. Lol

Here's the honest truth, while everyone is trying to be very supportive of your project, there are very few people in the world that have the skill level to pull this off from start to finish. Even with all the good advice in the world, this is probably something you shouldn't be attempting unless you have Hands-On help from someone who has done it before. Cutting up a Vader mask is no small task. You might want to reconsider this whole project, before you spend a lot of money, and end up realizing you're way over your head.

Oh... if that's what you think then I don't know what I will do because I really want to do this but no one thinks I could do it and I'm getting a lot of backlash for it. Is it worth it for all the trouble?

I realize there have been a few blunt comments. I just wanted to give you the kind of advice I would give to a friend who I felt like was getting in over his head. None of us want you to rush in and buy an $800 Vader helmet, and then cut it to pieces and not be able to finish your project. For now, you might be better off buying a black series reveal helmet and then doing some modifications on it to make it a little more movie accurate. There are some great threads on what people have done with their helmets. It might be a little bit more on your level, and it won't cost you a lot of money either.

I wasn't planning on buying a crazy expensive helmet! I was going to buy one that was decently cheap that had potential to be made accurate! And the black series helmet doesn't have that potential.

Hey frogfreak! This is a pretty ambitious project! I wouldn't even know where to begin, so props for wanting to give it a go. That said, one thing that I think is influencing some of the reply's you're getting, is that no-one here knows anything about you, your skill set, or skill level. What projects have you done before? Is this your first? It's something I think will help you out with this thread a lot. Once people know what you've done in the past, and where you're at, they may stop with the 'oooh well, I'm not sure you can do that' talk, and instead be more encouraging.

It's something I've seen a lot over the years in 3d space, specifically Blender. Someone would download it right away, and on day one, proclaim they are making a full feature length Pixar quality animation. But they barely even know how to navigate the viewport, so people shoot them down.

Tell us about yourself, and people will be more supportive of your project.

Couldn’t agree more, well said ( clap clap applause)

Frogfreak tell us about yourself
where are you from ?
how old are you ?
What is your job ?
what skills do you have in prop building ?
If you don’t have any skills in prop building then this is the place to learn, you have to be patient and listen to advise that is being offered to you
as the Reveal build is long, expensive, with a heavy skill set required, you need to be very patient and able to take criticism, with all the money in the world you can’t just buy all the parts and stick them on a mask, some craftsmanship is required.

So go on tell us who the real frogfreak is.........

I am from texas i would prefer not to reveal my age i don't have a real job right now and i don't have a lot of prop skill but that's what I am here for. but for the reveal i know so many of the details and i am obsessed with it!

So go on tell us who the real frogfreak is.........
e

Well what I am here for is to learn learning is very important in life and I have been a star wars fan for my whole life and I have dreamed about having the most accurate Darth Vader reveal helmet ever i will go into every little detail in the mask and try to replicate it perfectly but it's unlikely that it will be that good.

Don’t put yourself down, your reveal will be the best you can make, nobody will put you down for tying, you will be praised for your efforts, you will only get out what you put in, you now have to think funds, you won’t get anything for nothing and you have to be in it for the long haul, commitment and dedication will only get you to where you want to go.
good luck

while some builders research the origins of the materials used for screen accuracy and you say you want the most accurate reveal ever, how about doing some research for the group and yourself, start doing what most of us have been doing for years, your funds are limited but your time is endless.
pick a part start researching, if you post a part I’m sure we will let you know what we already know

that's funny, I wouldn't say either that my funds are unlimited because they are not, but my time is definitely the bottleneck most of the time :lol

that's funny, I wouldn't say either that my funds are unlimited because they are not, but my time is definitely the bottleneck most of the time :lol
But frogfreak has more time than funds, I wish I had both, your a lucky man Ethan :lol

I am from texas i would prefer not to reveal my age i don't have a real job right now and i don't have a lot of prop skill but that's what I am here for. but for the reveal i know so many of the details and i am obsessed with it!

You are young...very young,right?
But thats not a problem.I was also a big fan of the Vader Reveal since I was a very young boy.
I also built a very bad first Reveal 14 Years ago from a Rubies helmet.This hobby is a process...you´re learning every year new things to make your props better and better.
And its great if you start in young years.So you must not be afraid to say your real age or something.;)

You are young...very young,right?
But thats not a problem.I was also a big fan of the Vader Reveal since I was a very young boy.
I also built a very bad first Reveal 14 Years ago from a Rubies helmet.This hobby is a process...you´re learning every year new things to make your props better and better.
And its great if you start in young years.So you must not be afraid to say your real age or something.;)

I feel like you would treat me differently if you knew my age so tell me how old you think I am

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back