New alternative for Solo Blaster

I shot a video of assembling mine and doing a brief dry fire though I would not recommend doing so for any extended period when the mag is loaded with gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey John, great job on your conversion. I'm still mulling over if I should do the same, lol but kinda leaning for the TFA...

Celso

Thanks Celso!

TFA and SOLO are great builds and have some similarities. The grille for example is the exact same but the AWC itself was actually used in SOLO for the hero prop. While TFA screen used hero prop is believed to be an “HFC m712”.

You may enjoy this conversion thread (SOLO starts at entry #212) [emoji106]

https://www.therpf.com/f79/dl44blaster-278441/index9.html#post4480561

Hey jedicri ! That's so AWESOME! I might have to get one of these based on your video of the full auto alone!

I'm not sure what was going on at first after you filled the magazine with gas, but it sounds like it was leaking. I could hear a hissing sound in your video.

Too, I remember reading in this thread that you need to cock the pistol with the charging handle first before the pistol will fire.

Thanks for sharing your video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Celso!

TFA and SOLO are great builds and have some similarities. The grille for example is the exact same but the AWC itself was actually used in SOLO for the hero prop. While TFA screen used hero prop is believed to be an “HFC m712”.

You may enjoy this conversion thread (SOLO starts at entry #212) [emoji106]

https://www.therpf.com/f79/dl44blaster-278441/index9.html#post4480561

Yeah, this is the thread I was referring to on FB blaster page when I posted that I finally went through your Solo accuracy build. Great job!

Hey @jedicri ! That's so AWESOME! I might have to get one of these based on your video of the full auto alone!

It's awesome. You won't regret it!

I'm not sure what was going on at first after you filled the magazine with gas, but it sounds like it was leaking. I could hear a hissing sound in your video.

Yeah, when I heard the hissing, I knew something wasn't right so I had to bleed it out and do it over.

Too, I remember reading in this thread that you need to cock the pistol with the charging handle first before the pistol will fire.

Thanks for sharing your video!

Yup, I finally figured it out, lol.

Your welcome!

Just a question bump. Does anyone know the thread size of the screw on the mystery disc side? I was trying to find a replacement and can't seem to get the right size.

Forgive my ignorance, but a question...
The DL-44 one would get from Evike...is that gun convertible into the ESB version?

Forgive my ignorance, but a question...
The DL-44 one would get from Evike...is that gun convertible into the ESB version?

Anything is possible, but it would be a lot of work. You would have to change the scope, mount, and flash hider. The holes already drilled in the base gun are in the wrong places and would have to be filled, and new ones drilled and tapped.

Anything is possible, but it would be a lot of work. You would have to change the scope, mount, and flash hider. The holes already drilled in the base gun are in the wrong places and would have to be filled, and new ones drilled and tapped.
I appreciate that insight...looking at my blaster now I see exactly what you're talking about.
Thank you!

Someone please help! I got my dl-44 in the mail today and a small piece with a spring was floating around in the Box. I'm not sure where it goes, and My Magazine won't clip in place either. If anybody can take a quick peek inside their gun and let me know where that piece goes, and how to clip the magazine into place, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much guys!

Sorry, pic didn't post. Here it is.
20190103_163607.jpg

Last edited:
It's the magazine release button, which is why your magazine is falling out. You can see the hole it's supposed to go into in your picture at the top front of the trigger guard, partially under the scope base. You'll have to remove the scope base to re-install it. I've not had mine apart to that degree, so I can't tell you how it's retained in the frame... you can probably figure that out when you get it apart.

I see quite a few posts saying that you repainted your blasters "aluminum black." Does anyone have a link to where you can purchase that type of spray paint?

monsterpartyhat posted good instructions here.
New alternative for Solo Blaster

Make sure the metal is clean clean clean and heat it up with a heat gun. I tried dipping small parts and they turned black immediately, but it flaked of when I rinsed them. I found the best was was to rub the blacking on with a q-tip and a little pressure. I had to go over everything 3 or 4 times.

IMHO, you can get it looking pretty decent without a complete refinish, which is really more effort than it's worth on this particular platform. Unless you're going to remove the selector switch and do some of the other accuracy mods. I did refinish the flash hider with aluminum black, then weathered it, but just did some light weathering on the rest of the gun with 800-1500 grit sandpaper and 0000 steel wool. Also used some brass black on the brass parts, and added a 3D printed ANH grille and mystery disc.

Makeup pads work pretty good for applying the aluminum black, and you can get them pretty much anywhere.

28788304047_733f8735a5_c.jpg

42774503355_18fbf7cf0d_c.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back