Han Solo Holster - Screen Accurate Pattern

Is that an extra snap at the end of the thigh strap? When did that show up?

Regarding the rivets added to the ANH belt on Hoth (which it certainly looks like) it might be a repair, or it might be a new hook to attach to the ESB buckle. Also, just speculating here, it was probably easier to have more than one belt available to switch between the rig over coat and the rig over trousers scenes.

Having said that, I've no idea what the schedule was like and to my memory the coat is only worn in the hangar, not any of the corridors/medical bay/command centre shots.

Not sure when that extra snap showed up - my guess, though i can't find any photos - is that it might have been added to get over the thickness of the Hoth pants, probably while on the Tauntaun.

Not sure when that extra snap showed up - my guess, though i can't find any photos - is that it might have been added to get over the thickness of the Hoth pants, probably while on the Tauntaun.

Good call. Might just be the angle of the photo, but it kind of looks like the snap is facing the other way.

I looked through some images and it appears to me that the ANH belt parts are seen throughout ESB with a new holster.
In the Echo Base Hanger shots as Egon pointed out,
Here in the Echo Base Medical Bay:
lfl - 1451.jpg

And repairing the Falcon:
Repairing the Hyperdrive.jpg

I looked through some images and it appears to me that the ANH belt parts are seen throughout ESB with a new holster.
View attachment 846522

View attachment 846526

Thanks for posting those pictures, perhaps I did not notice before but that first one really shows ( at least to me ) that the pouches on the ANH are separate pieces not a continuous piece and they are folded under and attached buy sewing or riveting ( would still love to see the back of the belt )
It sort of looks like the prop department over sprayed the belt to darken it as there seems to me more of a color variation where the pouch folds under, it just seems more obvious than in ANH. I remember there was debate about construction methods earlier on in this conversation. I agree the holster is new but at least parts of the belt are recycled. This certainly helps with my plans for my ANH version.

I think there my be enough information posted to just come up with my own plans now, I think it is time to put pencil to paper and knife to leather. :D

Stupid question. ANOVOS has access screen used assets. Obviously they’re never 100% but is there’s based on ANH, ESB or ROTJ? I looks like ANH minus a few details to me.

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator

Thanks for posting those pictures, perhaps I did not notice before but that first one really shows ( at least to me ) that the pouches on the ANH are separate pieces not a continuous piece and they are folded under and attached buy sewing or riveting ( would still love to see the back of the belt )
It sort of looks like the prop department over sprayed the belt to darken it as there seems to me more of a color variation where the pouch folds under, it just seems more obvious than in ANH. I remember there was debate about construction methods earlier on in this conversation

Exactly.
Yeah I never bought that theory of the pouches being all one piece. Just wouldn't make sense.
I havent been through every shot in the film yet, but I'd say we can almost put in stone that if someone is doing an ESB rig,they should make ANH belt parts with ESB hooks.
I'm going to check my ANH reference next and find out whether I think they were darkened or just showing more wear.

I have an ANOVOS rig if anyone wants pics of it. Just offering.

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator

View attachment 846522

View attachment 846526

Thank you so much for posting these!! I had suspected these photos would show that ANH belt but have never had the high res images to say with confidence!

Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 7.42.03 AM.png

Just found this on the first page of this thread. Looks like your guess was right!

Does anyone have any screen caps of the stitched pockets in the film? I’m curious what holsters are in what’s scenes

Yeah the sewn pouches definitely show up in ESB era promo shots but were they shown on film?
I have one shot from Norway that I think shows them but not clear yet.
Also I've identified the main holster piece used but there may have been others.
Pictures coming soon.

Yeah the sewn pouches definitely show up in ESB era promo shots but were they shown on film?
I have one shot from Norway that I think shows them but not clear yet.
Also I've identified the main holster piece used but there may have been others.
Pictures coming soon.

Great!

To my eyes, it also looks like the belts buckles are the same as the ANH. There aren’t many shots of the rear buckle in ANH, but from the cantina shots and the re-visited Hutt scenes, the warping on them looks pretty darn close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Han Hoth.jpg
Ok, so it appears a sewn pouch belt was used in Norway but every other scene I've examined so far show that the ANH belt was primarily used.
Why the prop people did this is anyone's guess.

Hey Gang! I see a line on the top and the bottom of the ANH belt that makes me think that the entire belt is overlaid with a second strip/piece of leather that simply bumps up and has tabs that fold under the loops for the pouches. What do y'all see?

Ok, so it appears a sewn pouch belt was used in Norway but every other scene I've examined so far show that the ANH belt was primarily used.
Why the prop people did this is anyone's guess.

The color of that belt also looks lighter than the other one! I presume it was different because they needed a larger belt to fit over the outside of the bulky Hoth winter coat.

The color of that belt also looks lighter than the other one! I presume it was different because they needed a larger belt to fit over the outside of the bulky Hoth winter coat.

Very possible, I didnt even think of that!
The belt is pretty tight on him and even though he is wearing it higher on his midsection, the coat is quite bulky.

The belt is pretty tight on him and even though he is wearing it higher on his midsection, the coat is quite bulky.

I agree that he looks like he’s wearing it higher, which will give some more room to manoeuvre with it (as opposed to on his hips)

Hey Gang! I see a line on the top and the bottom of the ANH belt that makes me think that the entire belt is overlaid with a second strip/piece of leather that simply bumps up and has tabs that fold under the loops for the pouches. What do y'all see?

Those lines are grooves cut into the leather, you can see them more clearly in this photo:

360054336_01d6ac500a_o.jpg

And yet the ANH belt fits just fine over it here:

hothhanbrown.jpg

Would that be a different, thinner coat for studio work? Or maybe less layers underneath?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back