32" Falcon at the O2 London

Ollois

Identities Exhibition at the O2 London...
Some good colour reference inside the front jaws...

912.JPG913.JPG914.JPG

and underneath (which is really quite 'pastel' in appearance, especially the yellow and orange paint)

925.JPG927.JPG929.JPG930.JPG

More 'general' views....

938.JPG937.JPG935.JPG918.JPG910.JPG904.JPG887.JPG886.JPG947.JPG

its the real deal for sure. I was holding the light source for these images to get into places which didn't have any decent reference, as I've done a number of repaints and there are some areas which are really hard to reference well enough to paint. The colours are beautiful on this, but I think Ollois was referring to the yellows, rust and beige colours on the bottom, which in most reference images seem to be a little to intense, ie master replicas etc.
it was an epic day out in London. Cheers Ollois

It's been that way since Empire. Han was painted black and was supposed to be Lando in the Medical Frigate docking scene at the end of the movei. Not sure there was ever a Chewy in there though.

Last edited:
The two most recently posted pics are the MR. Don't know why Ollois has them mixed in with the previous pics of the genuine article.

Um , I'm not as familiar with the intricacies of the falcon as most others are on this forum , but , the initial photos at the beginning of this are of the actual studio filming model right . With that being the case , my question is what happened to the three square/rectangular boxes ( red ) that have appeared on the exterior of the housing that leads to the cockpit ? It's on the MR one , but not the original ?

Cheers Treadwell , for reply . But where on the original ? Only asking cause they don't seem to be on the photos taken by @ Ollois ( of original ) , and being a builder of the deagostini falcon , I'm hoping to replicate this lady to best of my knowledge and abilities ( on the outside anyway ) :confused

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies , there's an area on picture #14 on the first post . Have to really zoom in to make out the badly faded area I was referring to . That may/not be attempted with mine .

949.JPG another angle on the beasty. The other shots of the Master Replicas version in this post are Ollois own model which I re-painted for him (its his own real deal in his living room), just so people don't go off track with the original falcon reference images. cheers folks

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back