Solo: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

What did you think of Solo: A Star Wars Story?

• Total voters
All, I haven't been able to have eyes on any of the 'art of', 'making of', visual dictionary' books as yet, but if anyone has, are there any photos of the Dryden Vos party guests in them? Interested for personal reasons. If you can't post pics here, can someone throw me a PM letting me know if there are any around. thanks guys.

View attachment 820884

It does but I think only one human Imperial character is listed.

Hi Gang,

FINALLY saw SOLO and I really enjoyed it. Even took a few days to let it sink in before posting. Still smiling. So that's a good thing. I hope everybody gets out and sees it in the theater. It was a LOT of fun. Every movie has its pits and low points but overall... just a LOT of fun.

Go See it! :)

And yet the $1B+ in box office TLJ did was used to try and make the case people will see bad movies with just a Star Wars name, can't have it both ways.

Quite frankly, i think a decent portion (or more accurately, the lack of) of the BO for solo is attributable to TLJ.

Face it, Solo is something that will sell most to the original fans and fans of the OT. Not the prequel crew, and not much of the ST crew. TLJ was not a positive in it's treatment of the OT quite frankly. Now, not every one feels that way, but even those that don't admit there is a large audience that does. So, TLJ gives that group a big sucker punch (metaphorically) and then an OT based flick is up 5.5 months later. It does kill the desire to see it. I've seen ever SW flick in theaters day 1, since ROTJ. Possibly ESB. Waited until Monday to see Solo because i didn't have faith in it and my desire took a big hit after TLJ. I went Monday because of good word of mouth here (based on the poll) and from a friend who saw it. Gotta say i liked it. Doesn't restore my faith in the ST or what they've done to the OT characters, but it was fun nonetheless.

I read an article a couple days ago saying the same thing and citing SW fatigue. I don't think its' fatigue, i think it's a movie a ton of people were looking forward to that let a lot of them down.

PhotoGrid_1527680520010.jpg

I rarely come back to Star Wars movie threads these days. I give my input when I see the movie then mostly don't bother anymore. Too much bitchy pointless crap for me.

Ben

Judged solely on the merits of the film I have no doubt that Solo is a better movie than TLJ. The reason I will not be seeing Solo is not due to the fact that it is a detestable movie, like TLJ. It is because it is an unnecessary movie. The fact that they made a Solo origins story with a recast Han shows that they really haven't been listening to their fans. Trying to refresh the image of Star Wars is fine, but tinkering with characters so carelessly is uncalled for. TLJ compounded that idea further. The moves lately show that Disney, rather LFL, is not interested in giving the fans what they want.

Judged solely on the merits of the film I have no doubt that Solo is a better movie than TLJ. The reason I will not be seeing Solo is not due to the fact that it is a detestable movie, like TLJ. It is because it is an unnecessary movie. The fact that they made a Solo origins story with a recast Han shows that they really haven't been listening to their fans. Trying to refresh the image of Star Wars is fine, but tinkering with characters so carelessly is uncalled for. TLJ compounded that idea further. The moves lately show that Disney, rather LFL, is not interested in giving the fans what they want.

What would you want?

Star Wars fans want different things

For me, I prefer the normal characters in the OT.....I'm not as interested in the Force users as I am Han, Chewie & the criminal underworld,...thats why I don't watch the twirly lightsaber Prequel films

The prospect of a Han Solo film excited me,....but TLJ suppressed that excitement & filled me with dread that Star Wars was gone

The Solo film has it's flaws, but it is a treat.....sometimes if someone gives you a present that you didn't ask for, it can be more precious than something that was on your wish list

Better to have than have not

J

Luckily the Star Wars franchise is more than just these "super fans" (quotes intended) that constantly hate on the franchise now a days. I think a lot of people would just be happy with zero new SW content so they could just lovingly caress their personal copies of the OT all day long.

Hopefully these people don't get their way.

There is A TON of SW content these days. Movies, comics, books, shows. Find something you like and skip the stuff you don't instead of trying to get the whole shebang shut down for your own private benefit.

Don't @ me. Thanks!

Luckily the Star Wars franchise is more than just these "super fans" (quotes intended) that constantly hate on the franchise now a days. I think a lot of people would just be happy with zero new SW content so they could just lovingly caress their personal copies of the OT all day long.

Hopefully these people don't get their way.

There is A TON of SW content these days. Movies, comics, books, shows. Find something you like and skip the stuff you don't instead of trying to get the whole shebang shut down for your own private benefit.

Don't @ me. Thanks!

Stop making stuff up out of whole cloth. I don't recall any member ever saying they want the whole shebang shut down. We want Star Wars! But we want GOOD Star Wars! Not the crap Disney is peddling.

The Wook

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back