Rogue One Blastech A180 Pistol

Muttleysdad

A few years ago I acquired a KWC BB firing Luger. It's always been one of my favourite Pistols (ever since I had the chance to fire a real one many years ago) and the KWC was all metal with full blow back action so I couldn't resist.
20180411_084724.jpg
I've only used it a couple of time since buying it and was toying with the idea of selling it until I saw this.
20180411_093451.jpg20180411_093503.jpg

An all metal add-on designed to bolt straight on to an Air soft Luger and turn it into Jyn's Blastech A 180 from the movie Rogue One. Of course I had to have one.

It arrived today And I must say I'm not disappointed. It appears to be die cast and then CNC machined in places to sharpen it up. It also has a satin Chrome finish. A snip at £70.

The fore sight will have to be removed from the Luger and I need to drill and tap 5 holes but it looks straight forward.

I've removed the barrel for a test fitting and WOW does that look good or what?

20180411_094601.jpg

Certain areas will need to be painted black and weathered back to get the look, this is going to look awesome when done :D Added bonus - the weight will be nice as all metal and the pistol will still fire BB's :D

jyn-ersos-blaster.jpeg

I'll post some more pictures as I go.

I picked up one of the Evike kits and a WE Luger a couple of months ago, might not be the most accurate, but probably the cheapest, simplest and yet, most satisfying props I've ever put together. Full metal, fully functioning all for about £150, love it!

IMG_20180411_135244.jpg

Holes drilled and tapped and everything bolted together :D It's taken less than an hour. blow back action still works too.
20180411_132100.jpg20180411_132054.jpg20180411_132113.jpg
Now to take it all apart again to mask and paint the black bits.

As Lutts said above very simple yet looks and feels awesome.

so, I simultaneously love and despise that pistol. on the one hand, I was looking to make my own custom star wars style blaster based on the luger, right as rogue one came out, so now it's not the least bit of a unique idea any more. On the other hand, it's an awesome prop :p

Last night I dismantled it, masked it up and painted the black areas.

I've been looking at pictures on the internet and as usual it looks like there were several props used, they range from what looks like a thrown together one that's missing half the screws and detail bits and the top slide is held on with black insulating tape. To the one they use for all the nice shots with all the detail. The finish on the metal straps that join the assembly to the pistol range from what looks like a faded blue finish to a well worn black painted finish.
Well you cant blue the chrome finish so I had to go with the worn painted look.

I first went over the chrome finish on the whole barrel assembly with a scotch bright pad to age it all down and help the paint key to it.

Then masked it up and gave it a couple of coats of Halfords satin black. (no primer as i didn't want to see primer when it was scrubbed back to the metal).

Lastly once the paint had dried for an hour or so I went over it with a scotch bright pad to lift the paint off and give it that well worn look.

20180412_074301.jpg20180412_074106.jpg20180412_074307.jpg20180412_074313.jpg20180412_074319.jpg

I'm really pleased with the final look. I need to make a stand for it now.

Last edited:
Dang, that looks awesome! I love the A180 pistol from Rogue One. Such a "Star Wars-y" feel to it. Might have to pick one of these up for myself...

SB

Ok, so I know I said I'd finished but just can't leave things alone. (how many other people on here know that one :)).

I thought I'd put some wear on the Luger using some wire wool. The resulting worn areas were too bright and shiny for my taste so gave them a wipe with some gun blue gel to dull them down.

I accidentally got some on the Chrome/ Nickle plate on the barrel and didn't notice, when I did see it it was because it had discoloured the metal. Not a full blue but just a darker tarnish. and it took a while for this to happen.

Right I thought - Game on - After several coats and a cup of tea. I'd manage to get a nice dark tarnish to the barrel. A little polishing with wire wool around the edges of the treated area to fade it out and this is the result.

20180413_073844.jpg20180413_073830.jpg

I would like to say it's finish now but I wont :D

Attachments

• 20180413_073945.jpg
    20180413_073945.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back