dl44 anh help needed

Darthgarth

so ive recently bought a c96 copy made by Hudson and want to make it into an anh hero dl44. I'm not going to get real parts (although id prefer them) where is the most accurate stuff got from. ive looked at boba debt and tods costumes, where else do you guys recommend.

answers on a postcard please

I just purchased a Todd's kit but I might swap out the flash hider for fieldmarshslls.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I think Dark Energy Creations has the best flash hider and barrel sleeve in both steel and aluminum. His scope mount is very nice but it is cast pewter which I am not too keen on. His steel scope mount is very expensive. Todds has the best scope and he should be getting some in soon. His scope mount is steel and very accurate and reasonably priced. He is in the middle of a run being made for both of those. Field Marshall makes great stuff too and his stuff is a little cheaper than DEC. I think Field Marshall has the best value on parts over all. I made an ANH DL-44 on a real Mauser so I tried out a lot of stuff. I went with a DEC flash hider, barrel sleeve and front grill. I used Todd's scope and scope mount.

Good luck with your project.

Here is my build. I am pretty proud of how it turned out.
DEC steel barrel sleeve. DEC aluminum flash hider. DEC pewter grill. DEC pewter T-track and aluminum antennae. Todds Costumes scope and scope mount.

IMG_3932.JPG IMG_3933.JPG

I have a Todd's flash hider sitting next to FieldMarshals. I have to say, to my eye, Todd's is more accurate.

Pics or it didn't happen... ;)
Lol, that probably would help. I'm looking closer at a reference photo there are things that one does better than the other. Again, this is to my eye. Todd's does the scallops a bit better and FieldMarshal does the knurling better. The knurling looks like it stops past the curve. The reference is from Crucible Custom Props.
e847e98a1dc940e924feca840a545976.jpg
43c782ca39f05424379a5a350d83ac6a.jpg
c89d8ad2eeaddb3f3c4f1f374f3e688b.jpg

Ok, I'll play... New Todd's, old Todd's and I'm thinking 3rd or 4th run, DEC...

View attachment 800816
Old Todd's, better knurling and scallops(If that's what they're called) To me. The knurling goes into the curve and the scallops go closer to the edge where the recess begins. They also have the right shape. The ends are more pointed than round.

Lol, that probably would help. I'm looking closer at a reference photo there are things that one does better than the other. Again, this is to my eye. Todd's does the scallops a bit better and FieldMarshal does the knurling better. The knurling looks like it stops past the curve. The reference is from Crucible Custom Props.
e847e98a1dc940e924feca840a545976.jpg
43c782ca39f05424379a5a350d83ac6a.jpg
c89d8ad2eeaddb3f3c4f1f374f3e688b.jpg

Thats a old FH my current version is made from a real mg81 fh and the bullets ,,, the size and the internal tapers are tru to form with the actual real fh

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back