Indiana Jones Webley "WG" Revolver Replica

yeah, the airsoft/BB version is nice. It's a MKVI, the much more common brother to the WG. Some definite
differences between them though, but it would work in a pinch.

To answer the "how much" question, My replicas, fully finished, are around $150 SHIPPED in the USA. Slightly more overseas.
In the USA, it's basically $135 + $15 shipping.
More than others, less than some. :)

I was just wondering what the internal difference is if any from the WG to the Mk VI and the regular gip to the birdshead grip. I've been trying to figure it out with images off google but not having much luck.

It's a similar mechanism, if not the same, and they are both larger caliber, .455, break-action pistols. The MKVI was just a later variation, possibly with simplified parts for wartime production, and a little more robust frame for the newer, stout smokeless rounds. The grip design was also updated, but frankly I think the WG has nicer lines than a MKVI or later MKIV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My thinking is if I take the schematics of one and modify the frame from standard grips to birdshead grips to get a "working" metal prop gun. I love operating props even if the original didn't but should have.:DThat and I can tell all the world "I built a Webley WG!" So I can get the inevitable "Yay, that's awesome! What's a WG?":facepalm

I'm in the process of getting my molds remastered. The old ones are about done and castings require a lot of cleanup.
Forgive my ignorance, but how do you remaster an old mold? Whats involved with that? I've never made that many copies of something where I wore out a mold. I figured if I ever needed to make a lot of copies of something I could just make two or three molds off of the original. I assume thats what is done when making lots of copies? And the other question i always had was Can you make a mold off of one of the finished products if you needed to salvage a particular piece? Thanks for any answer

You don't actually do anything with the OLD mold, you use whatever master pattern you have
(in this case, my real steel Webley) and use that to make new molds.

Kind of time consuming, but better than using the old molds until they finally tear apart, or give you poor surface detail.

I've seen some "burnt out" molds that actually gave the castings a weird wrinkly pattern. :p

As far as the difference between the WG and standard MKVI, the frame and cylinder are actually
longer on the WG. The Indy gun has the birds head frame and grips although they also made a WG
with the flat bottom "cowboy" style grips as well. I had a graphic I created showing the differences...

When I find it I'll post it.

Okay, the WG...
indyreal.jpg
The MK VI...
mk6.jpg

Hybrid Comparison...
indypistolcomparison.jpg

And a comparison of the WG, MK IV (used by Jack Harkness in Doctor Who) and a scratch built
Indy style S&W... made from a water pistol. And hacked all to bits. :)

webley1.jpg

I have a question about authenticity, and legitimacy, so maybe the whole "auction" rule applies here? Is the Webley on eBay right now the same as the one from pyramid air? it looks sketchy and looks like they're trying to pass it off as the same thing

Looks the same to me. The Denix version doesn't shoot, and is modeled on the MK IV, not the MK VI (or WG for that matter).

One thing I did notice on the Airsoft, is that the release lever is "taller" than that of the real steel pistols. I assume it has to do with
making the iron sights easier to use or something, but that's a minor difference.

Edit: Looked some more...

The front sight ramp is slightly taller than the real steel, and the rear ramp part that goes in front of the release
lever is almost completely gone, which accounts for the kind of odd look of the release lever. All in all, it's a
pretty decent replica, just based on the pictures I've seen.

Last edited:
Looks the same to me. The Denix version doesn't shoot, and is modeled on the MK IV, not the MK VI (or WG for that matter).

One thing I did notice on the Airsoft, is that the release lever is "taller" than that of the real steel pistols. I assume it has to do with
making the iron sights easier to use or something, but that's a minor difference.

Edit: Looked some more...

The front sight ramp is slightly taller than the real steel, and the rear ramp part that goes in front of the release
lever is almost completely gone, which accounts for the kind of odd look of the release lever. All in all, it's a
pretty decent replica, just based on the pictures I've seen.

Thanks for this! Missed it earlier..

Re: Indiana Jones Webley "WG" Revolver Replica

Rook 3, let us know how it's going when you get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Still in a holding pattern. Some other projects have taken the forefront, and wife's "honey do" list items
take priority as well, but it will happen in the near future. Already ordered silicone, so it has to happen. :)

I'll update when I have progress to actually note. :)

Thanks!

Russ

Still in a holding pattern. Some other projects have taken the forefront, and wife's "honey do" list items
take priority as well, but it will happen in the near future. Already ordered silicone, so it has to happen. :)

I'll update when I have progress to actually note. :)

Thanks!

Russ

Still no update? :confused

Sadly, no. Because work/life has been so busy I hired a fellow prop maker with a good quality reputation
to degass the silicone and remaster my molds and he hasn't come through.

He also has my real steel WG pistol, so I can't even attempt it right now.

I know I keep saying the same thing, but I'm hoping "soon" this will be a reality. Have about 15-20 people
that want the WG's.

Will certainly update when this becomes a thing!

Would totally be in for one when it happens. To complete my "Harrison Ford" collection; already have a TFA DL44 and a Coyle BR blaster.

Sadly, no. Because work/life has been so busy I hired a fellow prop maker with a good quality reputation
to degass the silicone and remaster my molds and he hasn't come through.

He also has my real steel WG pistol, so I can't even attempt it right now.

I know I keep saying the same thing, but I'm hoping "soon" this will be a reality. Have about 15-20 people
that want the WG's.

Will certainly update when this becomes a thing!

Thanks for the update! I'm totally in for one!

I recently got an airsoft version of the Webley. It doesn't have the birdshead grip but it's all metal, fully functional, and looks pretty good overall. I wonder if it would be easier to modify these than start from scratch.

IMG_2659.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back