The Martian Space Suit

Has anyone identified what the inner boot is? Is it a standard boot available somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That didn't take long.

LOL, yeah, I was at work watching for this helmet with the Junkyard on auto refresh. I looked at it, the helmet wasn't there and a few minutes later it was there and SOLD. Great price too. I would have jumped on it.

Ah well, back to the 3D printer. I think mine will end up being perfectly symmetrical; just worried about how to make the clear visor.

Last edited:
Just Finished up the base of my personal wrist computer (PAC). Its made out of cereal boxes. I have a build thread if anyone is interested. Please let me know what you think!
20638942_1728023763892566_2042507404549892764_n.jpg20663995_1728023870559222_2847613279145277608_n.jpg

LOL, yeah, I was at work watching for this helmet with the Junkyard on auto refresh. I looked at it, the helmet wasn't there and a few minutes later it was there and SOLD. Great price too. I would have jumped on it.

Ah well, back to the 3D printer. I think mine will end up being perfectly symmetrical; just worried about how to make the clear visor.

I have opened up a very limited run of three helmets in the Project Runs Forum.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=280315

Thought I'd share where I'm at on the Martian Suit build as well:

Plain Orange - likely using "scuba" fabric which is very thin neoprene
Orange Dot - likely using same "scuba" fabric
Surface pattern - looking at "Airflow" fabric which is thinner than the "scuba" but has a pattern in it that looks similar to the dot-dash image. If I print on it, it may appear more textured.
Black at elbows, shoulders, etc... - Likely using heavy matte lycra to assist in movement
Bio pattern - TBD
Trim - I purchased black polyester trim material for all of the seams - it has a slight bit of stretch that should hel.
I received a custom printed 3mm neoprene but concerned that the suit will be very hot to wear. I'll be ordering custom print samples of each of these to compare. Working with 2 separate fabric sources, both can print on hundreds of fabric samples - just limited in size of the material. Cost goes down significantly after 10 yards of custom print.

I have a cheap "spray suit" from a paint store on a mannequin that is my size and will begin drawing out patterns to determine the amount of each fabric.
I have ordered a rubber ribbed floor mat to use for the neck seal.
I received DarkJedi's helmet kit yesterday and will be working on that piece as well.
I found a Wild Country harness on ebay - size large and am waiting for it to arrive.
I need to order the buckles from AustriAlpin but not sure I follow the spreadsheet from the forum - especially part numbers.
I ordered a neoprene scuba beanie for the "snoopy cap" and will add some fabric to it to ensure the look matches.
I'm ordering an Aker voice amplifier to incorporate into the snoopy cap and make sure people can hear me talk - I'm planing to put the speaker into the front pack.
I'm looking at some "skiff boots" to use with my Stabilicer boot covers, I should be able to add fabric and paint to match.
A friend is 3D printing an iphone holder wrist computer from the file online.

The pack and armor pieces I haven't started yet, but plan to follow the process that Dark Jedi did with styrene build - mold then cast.
I have an amazon cart full of extras - squirrel fans, hoses, velcro, etc...just waiting to get things moving along before I order them all.

I'll create a build log and post separately with images.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some of the items I'm using:
Neoprene hoodie(I can add suit fabric to the top, and buckle to the chin strap.)
Skiff Boots - the boot covers require a boot sole with some substance to it - these seem to provide a good base and I think most will be covered by the suit leg.
Stabilicers(Hike XP) - the bottoms are green and have removable screws that provide traction. I'll be painting them to a darker color.
Scuba-Max-1mm-Neoprene-Beanie+HDB-01.jpg0746768.jpg205-Stabil-Hike-XP-600x600.jpg

That's the one - just wondering if it was based off of anything. I may custom make it myself, btu didn't want to duplicate if it was existing. Thanks!

You're picture is better than mine.:D

Received thre AustriAlpin buckles today! Also spoke with someone about custom printed webbing for the straps attached to the chest(grey webbing with red V and stripes). Did anyone get Hexcode colors or Pantone color match info on the suit fabrics?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back