Just watched The Empire Strikes Back : Revisited.....

clancampbell

Sr Member
The Empire Strikes Back : Revisited was released last night.

I downloaded it, slapped it on a BD disc and watched it on my big TV right away.

It's just....perfect, i had the silliest grin all throughout and for a long time afterwards.

I won't go into all the tweaks, but some took me by surprise and left me feeling very emotional at just how much Ady "gets it"

Rich

So he finally finished it? I would like to see it. His version of ANH is excellent and the only version I ever watch anymore. I was following his thread the other board for a long time on ESB:R, I dunno, seemed like a lot of the stuff he was doing for ESB just seemed unwarranted. I agree with with about 99% of the stuff he did on ANH:R as most of them (I felt) were correcting mistakes, but some of the new stuff just seems like change just for the sake of it.

However, I would reserve judgement until I saw it for myself.

He seems to have been much more...restrained this time. I think that while ANH:R was utterly fantastic, and yes, it's one of 2 versions i exclusively watch now, at the time he did it, i guess he was playing with his toys...hence all the TIE's and Star Destroyers etc.

Some stuff in ESB:R actually had me shouting "NO WAY!!!!" in excitement at the screen. None of the tweaks are Lucas in style....they are all in there for a reason and every one enhances what is already an obviously fantastic movie.....from the slight smoothing of the TaunTaun movements, to the way Yoda now subtly enunciates his words....just magical!.....

....and when i glimpsed Snowtroopers descending from the side of an AT AT.....i couldn't believe my eyes!

All this in pristine HD with, PROPER image colour and contrast as well as excellent sound.....i think i might have to go watch it again!

Rich

I donated to this project a couple of years ago and was surprised to see my name listed in the "thanks to..." section at the end of the credits roll. Pretty cool.

I'm still partial to the Despecialized Trilogy and the TN1 Silver Screen edition of Star Wars, but Revisited looks to be an amazing accomplishment in its own right.

Watched it with a fellow SW nut tonight and at the end our jaws were on the floor. It may have taken 9 years, but Adywan delivered the definitive version of ESB. He somehow managed to take a perfect movie and make it even better. Honestly, this will probably be the only way I ever watch ESB from now on....it really is that good. :cool

- - - Updated - - -

So he finally finished it? I would like to see it. His version of ANH is excellent and the only version I ever watch anymore. I was following his thread the other board for a long time on ESB:R, I dunno, seemed like a lot of the stuff he was doing for ESB just seemed unwarranted. I agree with with about 99% of the stuff he did on ANH:R as most of them (I felt) were correcting mistakes, but some of the new stuff just seems like change just for the sake of it.

However, I would reserve judgement until I saw it for myself.

Trust me, once you see it you'll never question any of his decisions again. I felt like you that ESB didn't need to have any changes, but the stuff he did will absolutely blow your mind. :cool

Hmmm

My wife and daughter are away for a week, so I was going to have a STAR WARS MARATHON! (cuz I can't enjoy it otherwise over the sounds of eye rolling)

Normally I would watch the Harmy despecialized, but this has me curious.

I am downloading Empire... but curious if it's worth doing ANH... I mean it sounds like he went overboard reading the posts here.

Worth it?

Hmmm

My wife and daughter are away for a week, so I was going to have a STAR WARS MARATHON! (cuz I can't enjoy it otherwise over the sounds of eye rolling)

Normally I would watch the Harmy despecialized, but this has me curious.

I am downloading Empire... but curious if it's worth doing ANH... I mean it sounds like he went overboard reading the posts here.

Worth it?

I absolutely LOVE ANH:R, besides the Despesh edition, it's my go to version of Star Wars to watch.

I really liked the introduction of the Imperial March as Star Destroyers gather near the Death Star, which is in orbit above a large planet.....i adored how frantic and dangerous the battle of Yavin seemed too.

The use of the duel music from ROTS for the saber duel between Ben and Vader is....apt, but questionable......it's just a bit ...TOO cute and clever....

As soon as it's redone in HD, i'll be all over it once again!

Rich

starwarsrevisted-2.jpg
StarWarsRevisitedIV0004.jpg

4621420989_575x341.jpg
StarWarsRevisitedIV0314.jpg
StarWarsRevisitedIV0040.jpg

I've read that Adywan is going to remove the "Battle of Heroes" theme from the Vader/Obi-Wan duel when he remasters ANH:R in HD as well as making some other changes. :thumbsup

Has someone done a breakdown of the differences in this ESB R?
It is customary for the fan-editors to themselves publish a list of changes. This looks like the official list: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-the-empire-strikes-back-revisited/#changes and there is some general information there as well.

If you want to, you could search through the the original thread on OriginalTrilogy.com for more info on a particular change ... but it is a very long thread.
Comparison pictures and videos have been posted there, but many are very old and now lost/blocked.

Last edited:
He took about 7 years to do this thing, it's about time. I think he released the first teasers for it in 2009. It was well done and I did enjoy it. I expect the Return of the Jedi one to be more intensive, based on what he said he is doing, and may take 10 years to get done based on how long this one took.

Last edited:
I have a file called "final_trailer_xvid_720p.avi" that ends with a plate that says "COMING 2010" ... :lol
That was from before Adywan went full megalomaniac and decided to build new asteroid models and shoot scenes with troopers in the snow, etc ...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back