Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I'm curious what is faulty on these shoes. I would start with getting a charger and swap out the battery. Then if they still don't light up, it's most likely the charge port OR a bad circuit board.

Thanks for the advice. Can you tell me which charger to. Buy? As for battery, I assume the details are on the battery?

Thanks for you help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. Can you tell me which charger to. Buy? As for battery, I assume the details are on the battery?

Thanks for you help :)

I didn't get a charger with my shoes, so I ended making my own charge kit using USB to DC charge cables and DC to 0.7mm tips. Works a treat and will charge off any phone charger.

The batteries are 3.7V 1000mAh.

There is a number but I am not sure if this is a model number of not : ZN-523450

EDIT: Here is my IG for the charge kit.

DIY MAG Charge Kit

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had to delaminiate the strap? What is that glue they have used? It is like a rubber membrane that just won't tear and in fact, it forced once of the layers to split. Anyway, after a heap of fighting with that, I now have both straps with 3M RT as well.

I didn't get a charger with my shoes, so I ended making my own charge kit using USB to DC charge cables and DC to 0.7mm tips. Works a treat and will charge off any phone charger.

The batteries are 3.7V 1000mAh.

There is a number but I am not sure if this is a model number of not : ZN-523450

EDIT: Here is my IG for the charge kit.

DIY MAG Charge Kit

Thank you! Spilling question but from the pictures, it looks like you have 2 wires, one for each shoe? Or do you the connect the USB side to a Hub which you charge simultaneously?

Thank you!

Thank you! Spilling question but from the pictures, it looks like you have 2 wires, one for each shoe? Or do you the connect the USB side to a Hub which you charge simultaneously?

Thank you!

Yes I have a hub in my home cinema. There are dual USB chargers out there and I also have a V2 charge lead that I cut the ends off and will solder these new 0.7mm tips on.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

And here they are!

Under normal light and they look like EL that is not powered up. Hit them with the flash and something magic happens.
b9fd58481d40b2d89b62db640ae1d12a.jpg
8a1dedf8d6898a603eb619d45dd2d81d.jpg
e3aa4c1baa867cbb06a4e5e66961fd57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

To anyone who plans on actually taking apart their shoes and modding them, I'd really recommend disassembling them soon after getting them before the glue really hard cures. Maybe yours have been sitting around a few months cavx Unless yours are old stock or something...they seem to come apart easy right when getting them.

And to whoever asked about wireless charging a while back if it would charge if you sat it under the insole...I couldn't get it to. That would be 3/4"-1" thickness and I couldn't find any that would put out enough current at that distance to actually charge the shoes. A little over 1/4" thickness was the minimum distance that I could get it to charge. Looking for some that can handle more distance. This is how deep I had to dig into the sole before this module worked...

Attachments

• IMG_2549.JPG
    IMG_2549.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 85
Last edited by a moderator:
So the big question is - are they new or just 2nds?
How do wires break if theses are new? Makes sense if they were returns.
Missing switch is a concern but again, if 2nds, explains why they were sold off as faulty.

I guess I have two different shoes. One from the first batch wich is already yellowed. And the otherone is clear. I have to check the led bubble to confirm that.
For the wires, I guess bad soldering and not checked them before inserting the circuits in the shoe shell.
OR the problem is from the circuit board in the anckle bucle... Not sure and I don't have the tools to check that. I might run some test somedays but not now... I'm fine with them as they are :)

The missing switch is not missing, I just had trouble finding it. Really tiny and I couldn't hear it clicking when I pushed hard on it...
Maybe they were returned pairs. That is a good guess imo.

To anyone who plans on actually taking apart their shoes and modding them, I'd really recommend disassembling them soon after getting them before the glue really hard cures. Maybe yours have been sitting around a few months @cavx Unless yours are old stock or something...they seem to come apart easy right when getting them.

And to whoever asked about wireless charging a while back if it would charge if you sat it under the insole...I couldn't get it to. That would be 3/4"-1" thickness and I couldn't find any that would put out enough current at that distance to actually charge the shoes. A little over 1/4" thickness was the minimum distance that I could get it to charge. Looking for some that can handle more distance. This is how deep I had to dig into the sole before this module worked...

Good point about the post curing, but the first shoe (that I has issued with) came apart easier once I had the heat gun, because it has a fan blowing the hot air and not just heating the whole area like the light was trying to do.

In regards to the induction charging, what about pulling up the clear sole and laying it directly on (or slightly recessed) under the clear. The clears only seem to be 3mm thick at best. You could always paint it grey if you were worried about being able to see it. I ended up painting the area around my fake EL white to make it look more "screen accurate"

Besides, removing the sole is a heap easier than removing the upper.

I guess I have two different shoes. One from the first batch which is already yellowed. And the otherone is clear. I have to check the led bubble to confirm that.
For the wires, I guess bad soldering and not checked them before inserting the circuits in the shoe shell.
OR the problem is from the circuit board in the anckle bucle... Not sure and I don't have the tools to check that. I might run some test somedays but not now... I'm fine with them as they are :)

The missing switch is not missing, I just had trouble finding it. Really tiny and I couldn't hear it clicking when I pushed hard on it...
Maybe they were returned pairs. That is a good guess imo.

My display pair is more of an expensive toy and why I really want the US7 pair that I can never wear. Then that pair of 10s will find their onto my feet and will probably break in the same way my current wear pair did. In the end, they are comfortable, well made and they turn heads.

Good point about the post curing, but the first shoe (that I has issued with) came apart easier once I had the heat gun, because it has a fan blowing the hot air and not just heating the whole area like the light was trying to do.

In regards to the induction charging, what about pulling up the clear sole and laying it directly on (or slightly recessed) under the clear. The clears only seem to be 3mm thick at best. You could always paint it grey if you were worried about being able to see it. I ended up painting the area around my fake EL white to make it look more "screen accurate"

Besides, removing the sole is a heap easier than removing the upper.

Very similar to what I've been trying. I agree with you, it would be a lot easier...especially if you are swapping soles. I have been trying to match the grey color of the sole with my urethane rubber, I have mixed a small batch and brushed it on the back side of the molds then filled the rest like normal once the grey part is tacky. Not only will it hide the coil but it will also hide any bubbles under the clear soles that appear in the glue.

Very similar to what I've been trying. I agree with you, it would be a lot easier...especially if you are swapping soles. I have been trying to match the grey color of the sole with my urethane rubber, I have mixed a small batch and brushed it on the back side of the molds then filled the rest like normal once the grey part is tacky. Not only will it hide the coil but it will also hide any bubbles under the clear soles that appear in the glue.

I never actually went this level, but I did make a whole bottle of both the grey and the aqua.

I guess we use the same or very similar products and there is a time in the curing stage when this stuff adheres like the best glues. It is a shame my stuff takes 6 hours to cure, but based on how well it bonds, would make perfect sense to bond the clear to the mid-sole using the same PU compound.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we any more info on that instagram video of power laces?

How long did it take from seeing the first V3 video (using RDs) to the seeing the first actual V3? I guess closer to Christmas.

@WizardBTTF thats pretty cool
how would you go about running cables without your foot damaging them is the next step i pressume

@WizardBTTF thats pretty cool
how would you go about running cables without your foot damaging them is the next step i pressume

After pulling mine down, I really think wide, flat wire tape is needed instead of really thin round wire. The little connectors are a good idea, but under foot, even they are too bulky.

I'm sure you have all seen that image of the 2011 MAG with no buckle on the back? It looks like a flexible bus bar that everything connects to.

For those who bought the $200 mags, were you able to get pics of the shoes before paying? Also I've spoke to both Joyce and Martha. One says PayPal is ok but they don't have size 10 broken. The other says no PayPal, but they do have a size 10 broken. One says no pics until payment is received, the other said give her a day and she will get some. Wtf lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For those who bought the $200 mags, were you able to get pics of the shoes before paying? Also I've spoke to both Joyce and Martha. One says PayPal is ok but they don't have size 10 broken. The other says no PayPal, but they do have a size 10 broken. One says no pics until payment is received, the other said give her a day and she will get some. Wtf lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I also had email conversations with both but must say I had a better experience with Martha. She sent QC pics after I paid. Martha also said ok to PayPal with special instructions. Bottom line i had great customer service from Martha.

Joyce also was good but yes info was a little different. I can't explain why but I can say they both are legit.

Guys will there be a v4 version or 3.2 ? I don't want to spend 499$ for a shoe that I can't wear because it's broken after 10 mins lol!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back