TERMINATOR 2 Uncle Bob costume build

Nice Chris. I actually have one, a prototype of mine. Correct dimensions and such but it's not gold :p
The gold foil I find in stores and online is like chrome, too shiny. Working on it though :)

Still haven't got any idea how or where to place/attach the shotgun to the Harley :lol

Need yourself a saddle bag! lol. I'm Logan btw. Chris is our mutual pal.

9389.jpg

Thank you Tom :D
Very nice. Would be awesome to see some photos of that beauty ;) ;) is it the sawed off version?

You are most welcome, sir. Sorry for the confusion from earlier. I just had the opportunity to buy it but didn't. It was the full length and all original. Pretty sure that I could never bring myself to chop it up so it stayed with the dealer that still had ownership of it.

If it was an original 1887 then yeah I'd not alter it in anyway. That's what the Chinese replica ones that are being made now are good for. heh.

Need yourself a saddle bag! lol. I'm Logan btw. Chris is our mutual pal.

View attachment 657281

Shane, Chris, Logan... potatoe/potato :lol I have a cold gosh darn it, I'm dying here :lol :$

Also I do have the correct saddle bags as seen in post #57:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=209286&page=3&p=4032412&viewfull=1#post4032412

Less stylized:
gnrrpf2.jpg
It wasn't that hard to track down the model number for the bags and then it is not hard to find them :)
Making a screen accurate Harley is expensive :p but extremely satisfying :D

You are most welcome, sir. Sorry for the confusion from earlier. I just had the opportunity to buy it but didn't. It was the full length and all original. Pretty sure that I could never bring myself to chop it up so it stayed with the dealer that still had ownership of it.

Well I don't like guns, so I wouldn't have any problem doing that. However, since I don't like guns, I wouldn't buy a real gun in the first place :lol So no risk of me chopping up any vintage relics.
With my luck I would just end up with a large hole in my skull :(

Yeah, I definitely got confused hehe did you get to hold it? Was it heavy? Even the replica is quite heavy.

The Terminator said:
Yeah, I definitely got confused hehe did you get to hold it? Was it heavy? Even the replica is quite heavy.

Absolutely. Whenever given the opportunity to view and handle a weapon like this, I do it. It did have a good hefty weight to it. It was comparable to an old Stevens 12 gauge shot gun. But, if I am not mistaken, the version depicted in T2 was the 10 gauge model. Coming from a person that has fired many different calibers of weapons within my lifetime, the very idea of firing off 10 gauge slugs with one hand is awe inspiring in the very least. Not quite sure if it would be humanly possible, even for someone like Arnie himself. But it looks like dynamite on screen. :D

Absolutely. Whenever given the opportunity to view and handle a weapon like this, I do it. It did have a good hefty weight to it. It was comparable to an old Stevens 12 gauge shot gun. But, if I am not mistaken, the version depicted in T2 was the 10 gauge model. Coming from a person that has fired many different calibers of weapons within my lifetime, the very idea of firing off 10 gauge slugs with one hand is awe inspiring in the very least. Not quite sure if it would be humanly possible, even for someone like Arnie himself. But it looks like dynamite on screen. :D

Here is a good laugh for you: the biggest thing I have fired has been a .22 :D

Now, being a total "non-expert" I am guessing firing blanks. which Arnie did still packs a punch, right? :unsure

Now, being a total "non-expert" I am guessing firing blanks. which Arnie did still packs a punch, right? :unsure

About the same amount of punch as aiming a lit roman candle. The sound effects department used field recordings of a civil war cannon to portray the report of that shot gun. Still, it looked like magic on screen. It will always be a more iconic weapon than the .45 long barrel from the first picture. Which, I am certain that it had some sort of blow back to cycle the next round.

About the same amount of punch as aiming a lit roman candle. The sound effects department used field recordings of a civil war cannon to portray the report of that shot gun. Still, it looked like magic on screen. It will always be a more iconic weapon than the .45 long barrel from the first picture. Which, I am certain that it had some sort of blow back to cycle the next round.

:lol wow, that is one soft punch :p

Here are some more photos of how my Winchester replica looks today. I got rid of most of the 'copyright' text on the right side of it. Very difficult to fill the empty space that is the letters and then make an invisible transition.

1887right.jpg 1887left.jpg
Tried to add some silver metallic sheen to the black ABS plastic and make it look "natural" :unsure

I got rid of most of the 'copyright' text on the right side of it. Very difficult to fill the empty space that is the letters and then make an invisible transition.

It looks really good. If you are like me, you will be your own worst critic. :)
For future reference, many automotive parts retailers carry a spray on bondo filler product that works like magic for super fine details like that. You simply spray it on and carefully sand away the excess. Amazing stuff really. I've used it to quickly polish off stubborn wood grain with parts that I wanted to appear as forged metal. Where is a good place to purchase that shotgun, btw? You have me quite interested in getting one now. :D

It looks really good. If you are like me, you will be your own worst critic. :)
For future reference, many automotive parts retailers carry a spray on bondo filler product that works like magic for super fine details like that. You simply spray it on and carefully sand away the excess. Amazing stuff really. I've used it to quickly polish off stubborn wood grain with parts that I wanted to appear as forged metal. Where is a good place to purchase that shotgun, btw? You have me quite interested in getting one now. :D

Very good question. I got mine with plastic grips from a member here on the board, Then I had to track down the wooden grips.

Here is one recommended place, which happens to have it in stock(which is quite unusual): http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo...hin_M1887_Maxi8_8mm_Plastic_Stock_Version.htm

A few more options here:
http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/i...msm2dlkfrhuqrkjmklt86505&keyword=1887&x=0&y=0

When I bought mine they were out of stock everywhere. If you do get it and want any tips, please feel free to PM me :)

That sounds like good stuff. I used a type of glue to fill most of the text and matte black spray paint for the very last, then sanding and then some more paint.
This is what it used to look like with the text: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=209286&p=3253973&viewfull=1#post3253973

And yes, I am definitely my own worst critic, at least most of the time.

What brand glove did you start with? I'm looking for a pair.

Good question :confused

Off the top of my head I just remember they were branded as "driving gloves", :wacko with some generic product code. I bought them from a leather company in the US, and the shipping was more than the gloves... :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back