(PIC HEAVY) Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

Re: Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build!

Dude i so hope you make a tutorial on those lenses or show how they work... they look epic!

If you need any of the belt cardridges, I've got a full, unpainted, set that I'm not using from a project.

aJmyPyuh.jpg

These are painted ones on the project:

1HcpPY6h.jpg

Here's my homemade suit! Blues don't match and neither do the socks and shoes but I think it gives it that nice "homemade" look. I'll add some more details like the web triggers and the wires that go in the eyes but other than that, this suit is done! I'll post some better quality pics soon once I finish the entire thing for the con I'll be attending.

vlcsnap-2017-06-27-17h30m02s301.pngvlcsnap-2017-06-27-17h30m39s938.pngvlcsnap-2017-06-27-17h31m12s556.pngvlcsnap-2017-06-27-17h31m17s779.png

Here's my homemade suit! Blues don't match and neither do the socks and shoes but I think it gives it that nice "homemade" look. I'll add some more details like the web triggers and the wires that go in the eyes but other than that, this suit is done! I'll post some better quality pics soon once I finish the entire thing for the con I'll be attending.

View attachment 739170View attachment 739171View attachment 739172View attachment 739173

Holy crap that looks awesome! Great job

View attachment 739170View attachment 739171View attachment 739172View attachment 739173

This looks fantastic! Also I can't tell that the blues don't match...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

This looks fantastic! Also I can't tell that the blues don't match...

The blues not matching are more evident in person than in the pics :lol

Did you attach the goggles to the mask or slide the lenses through the mask holes?

I slipped the goggles in through the mask holes and I superglued them in place

What water socks did you use? Do you have a link?

What water socks did you use? Do you have a link?

They're a local (Philippines) brand called Reva. They don't have anything that's red so I opted for the gray ones that they had and painted those red. They're not the most accurate ones, but they do the job and they're pretty comfortable as well. Not really sure if they ship internationally, but here they are.

http://www.reva.com.ph/products/mens/mens-shoes/joel-gray/

I changed my mind about the web triggers, I won't do them for the con. I don't want to rush something and sacrifice accuracy. In the mean time, I realize I never shared progress of the goggles so...

This is how they looked like when I first got them.

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 7.30.45 PM.png

And here's how the goggles look now. I glued some strips of 2mm sintra board onto the main screw cap to give it that ribbed look. I also added the side panels and the wire thingy.

DSC_1202.JPG

DSC_1203.JPG

One last missing element to these are the triangular shaped sections that rest on top of the screw cap. Still working on those, but here's something to give you guys an idea of what the end product would look like.

DSC_1204.JPG

What mesh did you use for the eye parts?

If I missed it in the thread...sorry.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

If you go to amazon and type "white pc fan filters", you'll get what I used. They come in packs of 10 sheets i believe. Perfect for Spidey mesh.

Here are the (almost) finished goggles!

DSC_1206.JPGDSC_1207.JPGDSC_1205.JPG

I say almost because I suddenly thought of adding screws on the sides of the wire thing to give it a bit more detail. I'll paint the front screw black and I'll leave the sides silver.

DSC_1208.JPG

------edit

I finished the mask! I love it!!!!

IMG_20170630_135002_297.jpg

Last edited:

Here are the (almost) finished goggles!

View attachment 739913View attachment 739914View attachment 739912

I say almost because I suddenly thought of adding screws on the sides of the wire thing to give it a bit more detail. I'll paint the front screw black and I'll leave the sides silver.

View attachment 739915

------edit

I finished the mask! I love it!!!!

View attachment 739920

That looks fantastic! How’s the visibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back