ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Kurty, Kurty, Kurty....

Tisk Tisk !

Maybe with this awakening you will be inspired to build the TFA version.

Hopefully we find out the brand of Airsoft (prob HFC - which looks pretty nice) and Dave can make a suitable kit for it.

Most likely the HFC - the other airsoft Mausers are mostly made of plastic, so I would assume that they used a thicker metal frame for the new one, which looks pretty ugly imo. :lol I built my prototype DL-44 on an HFC too, and it was actually pretty hard - the walls are thin, and drilling and tapping them didn't give it a ton of support. I would assume the threaded rods were welded/brased on.

Not to mention the burglarized the MR ANH Limited Edition for its scope mount, grill, flash hider, AND scope, which REALLY bugs me - it looks more like a characature.

Well I have been collecting parts for the Hero for probably about ten years now. I just need to find a real flash hider to complete it!

Kurty, Kurty, Kurty...

Tisk Tisk !

Maybe with this awakening you will be inspired to build the TFA version.

Hopefully we find out the brand of Airsoft (prob HFC - which looks pretty nice) and Dave can make a suitable kit for it.

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to perfect and define the parts of the DL-44 as best we can and offer the opportunity for anyone wanting to "make their own" parts from the detailed models and files that may be generated from our joint team effort.

I know this is a really old post, but did the intent change, or can we still get measurements to make our own stuff from you guys?

If you read that far back... Keep reading. ; )
All the measurements are there for you to make your own parts. The only thing not provided was the actual 3D mathmatics to use CNC to mass produce parts.

It it was decided it would not be fair to Deadbolt who spent so much time to develop the 3D masters ... And since he ( nor I ) did not make money on this project, we didn't think it fair to let others profit from his hard work.

So yes, the measurements are there to build your own but it would no doubt be faster, cheaper, more accurate to "start" with the available kits.
You can build from there... But some members have used glue and bubble gum and saw dust to make incredible replicas ... Just like the original ! : )

Does anyone have a picture of the dovetail and bar. Can someone let me know the measurements I'd like to see if I can get my cast kit accurised with these parts. Got my fingers crossed for another accurate Steel kit run but not sure I see it happening.

If you read that far back... Keep reading. ; )
All the measurements are there for you to make your own parts. The only thing not provided was the actual 3D mathmatics to use CNC to mass produce parts.

It it was decided it would not be fair to Deadbolt who spent so much time to develop the 3D masters ... And since he ( nor I ) did not make money on this project, we didn't think it fair to let others profit from his hard work.

So yes, the measurements are there to build your own but it would no doubt be faster, cheaper, more accurate to "start" with the available kits.
You can build from there... But some members have used glue and bubble gum and saw dust to make incredible replicas ... Just like the original ! : )

Faster? for sure. Cheaper? Doubtful. More accurate? If the measurements are correct, there's no reason it should be any less accurate than yours. With a Master Degree in Industrial Design, I'm pretty confidant in my model making skills to make this stuff : )

Although I won't be making a Mauser from scratch. lol

Looks like I'll be reading this beast from the beginning. Again...

Well, Kpax, I'll be embarrassed if you can find the the post with all the measurements, because after a long day of going through all the posts, all I could find were renderings of the cad models, but without sizes. I did see someone thanking you guys for measurements, but I couldn't find the measurements he was thanking for. Now, it might be possible that it is one of the pictures you posted, because most of the pictures you posted have dead links or that little blue choppy square, but even searching for the word "measurements" didn't bring up what I'm looking for. Does someone have top/front/side views of these parts with measurement call outs or do I have to redo all your guys' work and size everything off the 22mm scope?

I hope it's the first one :(

sabs

Well, Kpax, I'll be embarrassed if you can find the the post with all the measurements, because after a long day of going through all the posts, all I could find were renderings of the cad models, but without sizes. I did see someone thanking you guys for measurements, but I couldn't find the measurements he was thanking for. Now, it might be possible that it is one of the pictures you posted, because most of the pictures you posted have dead links or that little blue choppy square, but even searching for the word "measurements" didn't bring up what I'm looking for. Does someone have top/front/side views of these parts with measurement call outs or do I have to redo all your guys' work and size everything off the 22mm scope?

I hope it's the first one :(

sabs

I want measurements too! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old timer tip# 1: Using courteous words such as "please, thanks, & grateful" usually help you get people to help you.

Yep. It's been months since I've read this beast. Weren't there some attached .zip files with the exact specs.? Could be time for a re-up.

Though I truly believe reading this thread should be a prerequisite to the hobby, it might could use a review and refresh... and I'm not saying Kpax or Deadbolt do it... You guys have already done way too much. :D

Jerry freekin Miculek !

Holy cow Scott. That is some cool stuff.

Hope he didn't break the trigger! He can shoot some fast split times.

Last edited:
Please please someone send us measurements [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know most of the important general measurements were or are in the thread. Some of the images may have been removed by the host site limits or such.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have a picture of the dovetail and bar. Can someone let me know the measurements I'd like to see if I can get my cast kit accurised with these parts. Got my fingers crossed for another accurate Steel kit run but not sure I see it happening.

I don't have the dims offhand but the cast kit is accurate for size and shape. I know the mount can be had with a dovetail but costs a little more.

I recently went to help Brock (who's a member here) and his father-in-law build their live fire Han ANH for their reality TV series. Here's the teaser for the video coming up from my time with the family doing the footage for the Han ANH Live fire blaster for their youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52mMfDcWcbs

Awesome video Scott, I can't wait to see the whole thing! ^w^

BTW, did you get the MGC Mauser I sent you ok? If so, then here's hoping that you can put it to better use than I did! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the teaser for the video coming up from my time with the family doing the footage for the Han ANH Live fire blaster for their youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52mMfDcWcbs

Looking forward to seeing your blaster in super slow motion action, Scott! I'm very curious to see how much movement there is (if any) from the flash hider. Did you use an aluminum or a steel one? Same question about the bull barrel.

Congrats on what must have been one hell of a fun trip!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back