ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

The MGC has an operable safety, IIRC, so it wouldn't be necessary but I know what you mean.

I'd rather have a real one anyways...possibly with some DL-44 parts and some Scottjua magic applied to it ;)

I'm talking about the rearmost inch or so of the lock frame:

img_1209917334_18844_1295950774.jpg

If this is what you mean by the fire control box, then yes. I want that upper curve, and the locking lugs that fit into the respective slots in the rear of the frame, to which I I can attach a real or replica hammer, safety and frame-lock tab. They don't need to be functional, or even movable. I just want to be able to position those levers where I want them and at least be able to clue them in place. Carving out the rear of the Denix frame is fine -- I can handle that. Fabricating something durable to stick in that cavity... that's a little trickier for me.

--Jonah

I get cha.

the hammer I got. Making a safety is not big deal. Maybe a dogleg flat bar that can use the same hammer pin hole. You could just use a spring washer inside for a friction fit so it would move but stay put.

the release lever can just be a glued on piece.

This could be made but it wouldn't be a drop in part like the hammer.

dave offers the Denix milled with barrel cut, the disk milled and logos removed and ready for grips and drilled for the DL44 Kit. With the upgrade hammer it looks pretty sweet.

I get cha.

the hammer I got. Making a safety is not big deal. Maybe a dogleg flat bar that can use the same hammer pin hole. You could just use a spring washer inside for a friction fit so it would move but stay put.

the release lever can just be a glued on piece.

This could be made but it wouldn't be a drop in part like the hammer.

dave offers the Denix milled with barrel cut, the disk milled and logos removed and ready for grips and drilled for the DL44 Kit. With the upgrade hammer it looks pretty sweet.

If you were making the Denix hammers for sale, how much would they be?

That's up to Dave at DEC. I gave it to him. I'm sure it will be reasonable. Should come out great. If you have seen his cast mounts or the new M19 scope kit he does...it's awesome. May allow give him my front sight build to offer if they can be cast well.

since the TFA has its own thread, I'm taking this back on topic to the ANH hero.

Here's some grabs I took of sitting target where we can see the scope and mount better.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-11%20at%2011.55.03%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-12%20at%2012.04.37%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-12%20at%2012.04.42%20AM.png

a nice shot of the dovetail mount
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-12%20at%2012.08.48%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-12%20at%2012.25.12%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-12%20at%2012.27.16%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-12%20at%2012.28.41%20AM.png

And coming to a TV show next spring. I won't be in it shooting, but you'll see me build it.
FullSizeRender2.jpg

Here's two of the 4 I know know of that exist. I built two of them so far.
FullSizeRender.jpg

I don't know why I didn't pick up on this until now - so Star Wars crew really just made the horizontal bar/dovetail and discs to bolt it to the Naked Runner upper and "new" lower.

Also, nice screengrabs!

Last edited:
They just used this scope and mount and added it to the naked runner, or sweeny upper... IF there were two bull barreled versions... if they're not the same... which I don't see why they wouldn't be, but can't be sure. The sweeny/naked runner lower was used elsewhere if not discarded, probably because for star wars it needed to be holstered... and those/that lower(s) wouldn't jive with that.

Wow, I can't remember the last time I was on here - College and free time don't get along very well. >_<

Here's as far as I got on my old ANH project:

1447616191731.jpg1447616288891.jpg1447616347541.jpg1447616450139.jpg1447616521450.jpg1447616580044.jpg

Never got around to blueing the flash hider, unfortunately. And I've still got an extra MGC Mauser too, I just wish I had the funds to do something with it.

Looks awesome!! Looks like the flash hider, barrel greeblies, maybe a hint more weathering on the frame and receiver...and you're done. Nice.

Looks awesome!! Looks like the flash hider, barrel greeblies, maybe a hint more weathering on the frame and receiver...and you're done. Nice.

Thanks, I've been kinda procrastinating weathering the main body and receiver - I just wish that I found the weathering template for the crossbar before i actually did it, it would have made it a LOT easier, though Scott's awesome high-res pics helped a lot with the weathering.

I'll probably ding up the grill a little and maybe chip the finish on the magplate to match the real one, we;ll see. :)

Yeah, I remember someone else had made a pretty good one a while back, I just didn't know about it at the time, and did all the weathering by eye. Still, I guess it could have cme out worse, so it's good enough for me. :)

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't built an ANH Hero since 2003. :$

Kurty, Kurty, Kurty....

Tisk Tisk !

Maybe with this awakening you will be inspired to build the TFA version.

Hopefully we find out the brand of Airsoft (prob HFC - which looks pretty nice) and Dave can make a suitable kit for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back