FILE RELEASED: Tie Pilot Helmet Pepakura

Re: Tie Pilot Helmet Pepakura

This looks better than my TIE bucket! Well.....given that mine is a Rubies. Are you going to mold and cast this?

This looks better than my TIE bucket! Well.....given that mine is a Rubies. Are you going to mold and cast this?

I'll take it as a compliment. Thanx :)

As for molding and casting this I really cant give an answer. That all depends on the "Accountant" and whether I can get the stuff needed to do it. I'd love to try being as I've never done that before. Ive never even gotten that far.

This is, too Date the only piece I've managed to finish.

Not because I don't want to, Just because I currently don't have the spare time. I will be releasing the PEP once I have cleaned it up (which is what I'm working on at the moment) so anyone who wants can give it a shot, I just recommend it not being the first Pep helmet you ever make it might put you off Pepakura for life.

That is some fantastic work there friend. :)

Are they 'stormtrooper/ebay' lenses on the Pred helm? I love the wear/use detail you've added there. Looks just like it's been dropped on the bench a few times after a hard day's Xenomorph hunting. Perhaps you could share your paint technique some time. It's hard to believe that the Pred helmet is not cast from an alloy. Very nice job there. :)

amazing work bro, I love doing pep, interesting use of glue, I may have to try it instead of super glue,

-Mike

That is some fantastic work there friend. :)

Are they 'stormtrooper/ebay' lenses on the Pred helm? I love the wear/use detail you've added there. Looks just like it's been dropped on the bench a few times after a hard day's Xenomorph hunting. Perhaps you could share your paint technique some time. It's hard to believe that the Pred helmet is not cast from an alloy. Very nice job there. :)

Hey Grendel67,

Thanx for the compliment, I might start up another thread with the process. Its nothing special just Bondo, Matt Black Spray paint with a Huge amount of Gun Metal Dry-brushing. If you can paint a 25mm Bolter or Multi-Melta barrel you can do a Predator Bio. I went for the worn look by pure accident. :) As for the lenses they were a $3 pair of wrap around shades from Asda (Wall mart for the US folks) Held in with clear silicon sealant. It was great fun to make, and now has a spot in my Night shift managers house.

I already have another lined up ready to work on sat on my work bench (see piccies a post or 2 up) I'm actually fiber-glassing the newer one and Man is it durable.

- - - Updated - - -

amazing work bro, I love doing pep, interesting use of glue, I may have to try it instead of super glue,

-Mike

Thanx Guardian, I find the glue a bit more forgiving that Super glue Plus as previously mentioned Super Glue and myself are like arch enemies (ever since I managed to stick the fuselage of a 1:72 B52 to my Tongue as a teenager way back in the day..)

-Xaos

Nice helmet.

So what the measures that you are using to make this helmet and when you will make this "precious" available to download.

Regards.

Nice helmet.

So what the measures that you are using to make this helmet and when you will make this "precious" available to download.

Regards.

Im currently working on the file to remove alot of the difficulties I encountered when making the Helmet. As for the Measurements it's currently scaled to my head and I'm 6'2" Though I'm somewhat iffy with my scaling. Regarding the actual dimensions of the Helmet I'm banking on the creator of the original file to have taken care of that.

If there are any discrepancies between the Pep file and the screen used helmets then I'll figure that out in the rest of the build and make adjustments as I go. However as far as I can tell the Pep is pretty accurate to the big screen. BUT if anyone wants to chime in then by all means chime in. Im not working on screen accuracy, im working on pretty close.

Xaosbringer

Everyone seems to be going the foam route these days, it brings a metaphysical tear of joy to me to see someone still using Pepakur :) Your skill in assembly is great indeed, and it must have been a nervous nightmare putting the face piece together :p

Good luck with the helmet, I hope it works out for you :D

-The Armorer

How DO you chaps get your PEP assemble soooooo neatly done ????
I am amazed :-O √√

Any tips most welcome please ...

Everyone seems to be going the foam route these days, it brings a metaphysical tear of joy to me to see someone still using Pepakur :) Your skill in assembly is great indeed, and it must have been a nervous nightmare putting the face piece together :p

Good luck with the helmet, I hope it works out for you :D

-The Armorer

Praise indeed :) Thanx Armorer, I've yet to venture into the Foam world. It's pretty impressive the speed at which they go together. I'm not in any rush plus paper pep gets my mind out of the million miles an hour it runs at. It's a great way to Chill.

How DO you chaps get your PEP assemble soooooo neatly done ????
I am amazed :-O √√

Any tips most welcome please ...

redleader, there isn't any trick to it all you need is An Eye for detail, a steady hand & the certain knowledge/understanding that its only card stock.. it will go where you want it to go and if it tears its no biggy just reprint that part, OH and Patience LOTS of Patience. As long as the numbers are in alignment the folds will make the shape you want it to make.

Cheers xaosbringer :)

I'm onto PEP item 4 now.
SuperGlue = No :)
Repair w styrene sheet/strip supports = Yes
I've leant to go lightly with the first resin coats, and jig/hold along they way to the next, fibreglass, so on ...
Using 280 paper stock
I use to robocut, but do it by hand now :-O

Kind regards, redleader.

Cheers xaosbringer :)

I'm onto PEP item 4 now.
SuperGlue = No :)
Repair w styrene sheet/strip supports = Yes
I've leant to go lightly with the first resin coats, and jig/hold along they way to the next, fibreglass, so on ...
Using 280 paper stock
I use to robocut, but do it by hand now :-O

Kind regards, redleader.

Niice, Im only on about my 15th Pep. I only have 5-6 still around due to an unfortunate accident with a pile of wood and my familly being nice on fathers day. Wood + Gravity + Resin'd pep file = a bit pile splintered and torn paper :(.

Xaosbringer

Just a quick Update. This is still on going its just on hold for a while so that I can focus on Adopting.

For those folks waiting for the files I'm still working on them. They are proving to be more difficult to unfold than I originally anticipated.

Xaosbringer

Always in the Dark recess of your mind, Snacking on the crunchy bits.

Good luck on the adoption. Our daughter was adopted from China in 2007. Poor girl has 3 brothers :p I do look forward to getting the file when you are done but will wait patiently. I remember all the paperwork involved.

FILE RELEASED Tie Pilot Helmet Pepakura

Ok Folks.

Here it is. Free for all to build and re-size, If you wish to mass mould it then I urge you (i'll not force the matter) to PM me regarding a donation towards my current adoption fundraising efforts.

Xaosbringer - Tie Pilot Bucket.pdo

Unfolded the best of my time crunched abilities.. If there is someone else out there who wants to RE- unfold the file OR Unfold it for Foam then by all means please do (just pass a copy of the foam unfold my way)

Anyway Have fun folks.

Xaosbringer

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world". Albert einstein

Last edited:
Wow, thank you for your hard work and generosity! Best of luck for your adoption. Posts like this make me value the RPF and its members even more.

Wow, thank you for your hard work and generosity! Best of luck for your adoption. Posts like this make me value the RPF and its members even more.

Thanx M8. You wanted to test your metal, Goodluck. I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

Xaosbringer

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back