Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

I mean it's clear and look at the screenshot I just took you can go on eBay and find this exact helmet if you want me to here's the link I think it's a very fair price is the same one I got Mechanized2400
75fa3b440df1f0919c0d253f99da16be.png

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 75fa3b440df1f0919c0d253f99da16be.png
    75fa3b440df1f0919c0d253f99da16be.png
    286.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, okay gotcha.

Very much appreciated to you both. Luckily there isn't much price difference in the two I've shown. Also both places are in stock.

I think I'll drop a little extra for the Vietnam repo(?) from Sacro, Inc. comes with the helmet and a couple extra goodies I think are worth the extra bit (the notorious death card and the Viet Cong free pass card).

again, thank you both Fierceskill and Chris23

Tell me if I'm onto something because very rarely my eyes play tricks on me ;) but I'm pretty sure these are not the same liners. Look at the picture where I circled. Each photo has the back end of the liner circled and you can see in the top one there's 2 snap buttons on each side of the strap and then on the bottom one it's sewn together and then two snap buttons on the right. But what I'm getting at is this original photo supposed to help us know that they are the same helmets used in the movie Rogue One or no? Because they're clearly two different complete helmets.

I would like to come up with another question. It was discussed earlier in this thread but I am not sure if this picture was already available back then. I think, they glued a magnet to the torch. What do you think?

magnettorch.jpg

And what is this thing?

strapthing.jpg

Last edited:
Help me out here and I'll be able to make an opinion on what it could be because what torch or pieces of a torch did they use.

Chris23 it's actually the end piece of some sort of electronics piece like from a headphone or AUX cord thingy of some sort. Someone in here or on another thread has posted the screen accurate used one. I'll try to find it. Here's just am example of what I'm talking about from my headset. 20170611_144548.jpg

@ LDR Did you continue investigating this? I agree that it is some kind of headphone wire. But there is some additional round part attached to it. Maybe they wanted it to look like parts of a tactical headset:
radio.jpg

radio.jpg

I've read through the tread but I feel like I keep seeing different M1 style helmets.

maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me but I want make sure I get the right one.

would one like this work?
View attachment 735319

M1 Helmets were all the same size. The only differences were very minor. WWII and Korean War helmets had a "cork" finish and early versions had a front seam and "D" shaped bales. Later model ones had a rear seam and "swivel" bales. Vietnam era M1's were still the same size but had a "sand texture" finish and a different chin strap and a different suspension system in the helmet liner. There is also several different styles of helmet liners which isn't important here. Also following WWII many countries used these helmets as they rebuilt their military's. Locally manufactured replacement liners and chin straps also show up of all kinds ranging from fiberglass and even plastic.

What you have pictured is most likely a reproduction WWII M1 helmet (although that is an unusual chin strap and most likely a foreign replacement) and my guess is that most if not all the helmets used in production were either surplus Vietnam era helmets or reproduction M1's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the information guys....much appreciated!

I just got my fabric cover from canister and want to start my own R1 helmet....
QUESTION: Since the cover is pretty loose and has a wide fit, what do you guys do to make it fit snug onto the helmet? I rear, that MJF soaked it in hot water, put it on and treated it with a hair dryer to let the fabric shrink to a certain degree. Any other approaches?

thx in advance, Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back