Here's an informal poll. What should be my next saber project

How about Ani Episode II? One of the few prequel sabers I actually like...And a Yoda would be a fun one. Or whatever Luke carries in Episode VIII. ;)

The Parks/Korbanth DV6 out there-- but has the usual concessions made for electronics...

Outside of the non-Graflex-like base of the Korbanth, every square millimeter of every extra on the saber is absolutely wrong. It's like comparing the accuracy of a Kenner 3 3/4" figure to the real-life actor. Such poor design.

I'd love to see new DV6 parts even though I just scored a set of Elvis Trooper's, but I believe Roy is working on these for late in the year. It's also a wasted effort doing the base hilt when Roman has flash guns available and TGS has their own coming within a few months.

Last edited:
Either Anakin prequel saber, ISYHCANL with blinking leds, or shared stunt. Any of those sabers and my wallet is yours.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I dare you to go for Kylo's , I double dog dare you :devil

The catch would be to make it for less than the heavy cost everyone has been selling them for

1&2 are appealing to me.

I would also kill for a Yuma saber, if you have any better reference of that dummy control box.

I would like an Anakin ROTS saber but not very interested in FX if it compromises screen accuracy. A random idea I would love to see is metal Jedi youngling sabers from AOTC. Both versions.

Solid cast shared stunt - couldn't possibly care less about anything from the prequels. Keep also in mind the possibility of a Last Jedi Luke saber after the new movie hits - it'll be interesting to see what changes from the brief glimpse we saw on the prop table during TFA filming.

Shared stunt would be great, rots anakin wud be great too but i 2nd the please no alterations for fx to compromise accuracy!

Spirit of OB1 has just released his Stunt/v3 run. I would suggest another options than the V3.
A new run of your 3 pieces V2 and a V1/hero (episode 8 blade plug)with blinking LEDs would be great.

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

Spirit of OB1 has just released his Stunt/v3 run. I would suggest another options than the V3.
A new run of your 3 pieces V2 and a V1/hero (episode 8 blade plug)with blinking LEDs would be great.

It is true there is a run of the shared stunt happening right now by another member but there are a lot of people like myself who don't want a clean brand new saber.i want it to resemble the original as close as it can,including all the flaws like the seam line.so the run that is going on now is not an option for me because even though it's a nice looking saber,it looks nothing like the screen used prop.

It is true there is a run of the shared stunt happening right now by another member but there are a lot of people like myself who don't want a clean brand new saber.i want it to resemble the original as close as it can,including all the flaws like the seam line.so the run that is going on now is not an option for me because even though it's a nice looking saber,it looks nothing like the screen used prop.
I am not an expert of the V3. The one from Spirit of OB1 cannot be weathered to get closer to the prop, like lot of people did with the V2 from Anakin Starkiller using the stencil and scratching the surface of the hilt?

I am trying to find a good picture of the seam line. Seth has a photo in his book but I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me. Do you know of any clear pics of the seam line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not an expert of the V3. The one from Spirit of OB1 cannot be weathered to get closer to the prop, like lot of people did with the V2 from Anakin Starkiller using the stencil and scratching the surface of the hilt?

Spirit did a amazing job with his v3! He took some liberties with giving it an actual brass neck (which I love!) his is also Machined dead on.

The v3 was cast aluminum, hence why there is a seam line. I guess from when they made the mold

Another thing about the v3 is the cubes on the pommel are all different sizes. Don't forget these originally are made in a rush, with the prop shop never thinking a group of us would be nit picking every MM 40 years later lol

A lot of guys strive for that screen used accuracy. Myself I would love to own both versions

I like spirits clean version with brass, and I also like the sloppy looking cast version as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can clearly see a seam line in the bottom quarter of the grenade/grip section in this image.

LROTJS11.jpg

This thing would have to include a lot of artistic interpretation. I've never seen a sufficient number of good enough reference photos to derive high accuracy for this guy. On top of that, the difference in appearance between filming and more recent photos only complicates matters.

Incidentally, how did this ever get the nickname V3? Shouldn't it be V1 as the other is the V2 stunt?

...even though it's a nice looking saber,it looks nothing like the screen used prop.

I get what you mean, but it was altered after production... so technically as it is now, *that* looks nothing like the screen-used prop either.

Spirit did a amazing job with his v3! He took some liberties with giving it an actual brass neck (which I love!) his is also Machined dead on.
He used copper, not brass.

Forgot to add that I would be interested in the shared stunt.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back