Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

To me it looks like the circle marks around the outside are unevenly depressed - and also partially offset, so as not to form a perfect circle. Like you might see on some other piece of metal you hit with a crooked cutting/punching die multiple times.

But in the end it's not an interesting enough artifact for me nor an obvious part of the intentional design, so not something I'd bother to replicate on my ROTJ saber. At this point I'd really be satisfied with having all the correct basic proportions nailed (diameters and lengths/thicknesses/angles) on all the parts of a replica.

Agreed, it's definitely not a uniform circle. Some parts to me appear to be raised ever so slighly. Almost paper thin. This is something I would attempt.

As best as I can tell the video is being served at 960x540 to me - I'll take a more detailed look later to see if there are any options to get a higher resolution stream. The capture below is at the window size I happened to be viewing, so it's enlarged. It was captured when the camera stopped zooming and the saber is in its most focused state.

View attachment 698921

Man its so hard to tell but it really looks raised. I'm an electrician by trade and all of my metal boxes I use have whats called a knock out on the sides to allow pipe or connectors. They are raised as well. This looks so close to that. The sides going toward the emitter appear to be dents or scracthes. Maybe even a splotch of paint or dirt in the middle of the cirlce.

It may sound like I'm stuck on this thing but it's detail like this that really drives my build. I guess you can call me crazy :wacko

There are so many new bits of info on this saber since my old Russrep... does anyone make an up-to-date version with all of these adds as part of the kit?

Just watched it. Great Episode! Not much more visual on the V2 than you've already seen, but some. Very cool stories and other props though.

Also that's a mill mark between the pommel cubes. Could have told you that before seeing that pic.

The mill mark, would that be raised or sunken?
Thanks in advance

Can someone respond to the idea that the cube section might be a different metal or part? it doesnt have the same reflection the rest of the pommel does.

Can someone respond to the idea that the cube section might be a different metal or part? it doesnt have the same reflection the rest of the pommel does.
can you post a photo with the arrow to show what you mean. Unless you talking about the chunk. That definitely looks to be different.

At least on the pics it looks to me more like a "cap" (think the shape of the AS knob on the Obi) than a "plugged in" as the last run was made. Same with the emitter, looks different.

But that´s only my opinion as a machinist looking at those pics, i never handled the real parts. :lol

in your opinion, does this look raised or sunken?

My eyes say raised, but my experience says "if toolmark, then sunken" as i see no way it can be raised and the slot as a whole still being as it is.

Same with it being a not good cleaned sprue mark, the slot is machined so every additional artefact should be deeper.

What if it were cast aluminum, and not machined except for some cleanup? I don't know if this was the case, just asking the question.

My eyes say raised, but my experience says "if toolmark, then sunken" as i see no way it can be raised and the slot as a whole still being as it is.

Same with it being a not good cleaned sprue mark, the slot is machined so every additional artefact should be deeper.
in your experience, would this be paper thin, very slight?

Yep sorry about that. Originally these pics suggested to me, like the original sink knobs, that the cube section was separate... mainly because it was duller than the sections above and below it. Especially on the emperor's chair.
LFA_Shared StuntPommelEnd.jpgV2-4.jpg

Now after seeing this.
Hamill ROTJ Saber Reduxe 2.JPG

and reading someones comment about shinier parts on the pommel, the question comes back to me!

- - - Updated - - -

What if it were cast aluminum, and not machined except for some cleanup? I don't know if this was the case, just asking the question.

I think this was what Brandon suggested

He said there were tooling marks on it, but we know it was cast originally. There even is a seam line on the top of the grenade section and the windvane too I think.
Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 12.55.53 PM.png

Ok, this might sound crazy. Is there an outside chance that this is a 2 piece pommel? The rings and the circular part. And the small mystery circle can be a pushrod pin that holds them together?

Crazy I know, but just a thought

thd9791 and kevin926

I just read in another thread last night that the pommels of the Stunts were made in sections. I don't know if this can be validated but from what kevin926 says, it could be the purpose of that screw in the booster if it's true.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just makes sense to me because you can see the space from the rings to the pommel and this to me looks like multiple pieces. Either that or a really detailed machine job

The "shared stunt" (V3) also has a hole (covered in tape) where the mystery chunk is on the V2, so it's doubtful it's used to hold the pommel on. I was also under the impression wires used to exit this hole. Ignore the fact the next hole isn't in the same place for the V2's cone knob. That next hole does look like it has a set-screw in it though - maybe the cone knob holds the pommel on the V2. :)

Roy just posted this image to the Shared Stunt project run thread:
attachment.php

Multiple pieces is kind of a given, even if everything was originally cast - because we know some parts move and the inside was fitted with a motor, etc...

Last edited:
@thd9791 and @kevin926

I just read in another thread last night that the pommels of the Stunts were made in sections. I don't know if this can be validated but from what kevin926 says, it could be the purpose of that screw in the booster if it's true.

One sec

Im 99% sure that screw in the booster holds the pommel on

but yea, I like this idea of the pommels themselves being made in parts. It could be totally wrong, but thanks for discussing it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back