Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Project updates 22 October - More Lewis Gun upgrades

If only I´d find the time to start mine...wonderful upgrades buddy!

Project updates 30 October - More Lewis Gun upgrades

Another Lewis upgrade! Laser cut and etched steel butt plate.
lewis56.jpg

Bent into shape (PITA) and blued.
lewis55.jpg

Added the threaded rod to the rear sight adjustment wheel.
lewis51.jpg

Did my best to paint these two aluminium parts to look like worn steel.
lewis50.jpg

And did a quick test of a metallic finish on the end of the barrel. Not convinced.
lewis52.jpg

lewis53.jpg

Re: Project updates 30 October - More Lewis Gun upgrades

I want to thank you for posting about the exactra alternate! Turns out a few years ago I bought an exactra and threw it in a bin because it didn't have bubbles. I just found it yesterday looking for parts!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    510.7 KB · Views: 127
Project updates 4 Jan 2017 - Resin Margolin to Leia RotJ blaster with upgrades

Haven't done much SW stuff recently other than a bit more work on the Lewis gun and E11 ANH stunt.

And this...

Resin Margolin (excellent casting from Odiwan72) with some real screws.
leiarotj1.jpg

leiarotj2.jpg

Dremel, dremel, file, file...
leiarotj3.jpg

Styrene rear sight...
leiarotj4.jpg

Ready for paint!
leiarotj5.jpg

But wait! Dremel, dremel, dremel, file, file file...
leiarotj6.jpg

Working trigger.
leiarotj7.jpg

More upgrades...
leiarotj8.jpg

Chop, chop, chop...
leiarotj9.jpg

leiarotj10.jpg

Dremel, dremel, file, file...
leiarotj11.jpg

leiarotj12.jpg

leiarotj13.jpg

It could really do with a separate spring loaded metal/resin hammer. Hmm.......
leiarotj14.jpg

Re: Project updates 4 Jan 2017 - Resin Margolin to Leia RotJ blaster with upgrades

Daaaanngg! You crazy! I love this frankenblaster!! Great job matching it all up!

BTW, where'd you find your rubber squares? I used to have bunches of them, and now I can't find the right shaped ones anywhere!!!

Re: Project updates 4 Jan 2017 - Resin Margolin to Leia RotJ blaster with upgrades

Nice! ROTJ Leia is one of my favs and I was lucky enough to get a real Margolin from OdiWan. I need to repaint the little rubber squares because paint flaked off. I may try to just cast them in resin, because I think flexing (from temp?) made the paint flake.

Same thing happened to mine. But I stripped my real one and converted it to ANH, and wanted a nice looking RotJ in addition to the resin stunt.

Nice! ROTJ Leia is one of my favs and I was lucky enough to get a real Margolin from OdiWan. I need to repaint the little rubber squares because paint flaked off. I may try to just cast them in resin, because I think flexing (from temp?) made the paint flake.

Lemme know if you mold the squares, because I don't know where to find them anymore. Not accurate ones, anyway.

Still looking for a hammer Marcus
gkad you found a way to incorporate the rear sight, this was pretty much what I suggested as well ;)

Daaaanngg! You crazy! I love this frankenblaster!! Great job matching it all up!

BTW, where'd you find your rubber squares? I used to have bunches of them, and now I can't find the right shaped ones anywhere!!!

I was going to use rubber squares on mine but I could not find any that seemed to be an perfect match in shape, depth and length/width. So i just used the ones that came with Odiwan's kit. Everything I found seemed to be a little too big or too shallow.

Kurtyboy,

Love the mods. They are truley outstanding.

Not sure if you are going do anything like this (or maybe you don't think it is a good idea) but I found the separate grip molding to be an excellent opportunity to add a little extra weight to the grip section.

Attachments

• IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 172
Project updates 21 Jan 2017 - Death Star Camera WIP

Finally got the finger out and started working on my Death Star Camera. I don't quite have six matching viewers so I'm still on the look out. I screwed up drilling the two darker blue ones and had to do a spot of filling and re-drilling. The reason for the screw is the size difference between the two variants! And I assumed they were all the exact same size. Never assume...

I filed down a few mm of the rear tabs.
dscamera1.jpg

Real greebs.
dscamera2.jpg

MDF back board PVA'd and sanded a few times and now primered.
dscamera3.jpg

Plastic spacers glued over each hole.
dscamera4.jpg

I'm using the same TV bracket that Enaswede suggested. Good man! :thumbsup
dscamera5.jpg

Re: Project updates 21 Jan 2017 - Death Star Camera WIP

I'm liking this. I was thinking of making one of these myself.

Can you tell what are the greeblies from?

Re: Project updates 21 Jan 2017 - Death Star Camera WIP

Oow... looks like this particular camera has the same mismatched viewers as me.
detention-cameras-06.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back