Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I am now officially sold on the cross-guard lightsaber, because that hilt looks great. Also, anyone else notice the model of the new X-Wing seems to have BB8 in the back?

Oh, and I think I'm going to need Han's new jacket.

A cool tumblr post from the costume exhibition, including a closeup of what seems to be a lightsaber with side blades.

http://nerdyorkcity.tumblr.com/post/116578740295/baddie-costumes-and-props-in-star-wars

EDIT: Another link from the same source, costumes and an X-wing model:

http://nerdyorkcity.tumblr.com/post/116578289790/models-and-costumes-and-a-droid-at-star-wars

Pretty awesome. Getting excited now.

So damn disappointed that...
...it said December. DECEMBER. Do you know long of a wait that is?
245 days to go...

Wasn't it supposed to be 2016 though?

Took some caps from the trailer, enclosed in spoiler quotes in case anyone has bunched panties.

This scene in the trailer was missing a very important component...

My only complaint and its minor, ....how come Chewy doesnt have any grey hairs yet lol
I like Chewie better when he doesn't comb his hair all smooth...
chewiepic9.jpg

Just watched the R2 celebration video with BB-8, and noticed it was mentioned that Bob Iger (Disney) helped with the new technology needed for this practical droid. COOL how the head is able to float and move around the body ball with no tracks!!!

Dont have a direct comparison, but I've been listening to both intently, for hours. The line "I have it, my sister has it" is spoken with a different cadence I'm sure and I'm certain his voice is different.

relevant lines start at 1:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY

When I heard it I kept thinking they were tweaking it between Luke and someone younger. Like it was multiple people saying it.

Something about Luke's voice sounds funny to me. Maybe even mechanized. Could be an effect just for the clip, but what if its in the film? :eek

I know this is going to be an unpopular question, and a dozen of you will tell me to go to Google and look, but I'm going to ask anyway. So who found Luke's light saber and how?

Sounds like new audio to me. At the end, after he says "my sister has it" he says "you have it too."
That wasn't in ROTJ.

Also, if this line is from the scene in the new movie he says "My father HAS it" rather than "My father HAD it". Did that strike anyone else as a little odd?

So I'm guessing the three new characters are force sensitive and we're going to see them as the primary focus of the next three movies with the veteran characters being more like mentors. Also thinking at least one of them may stray to the dark side. All conjecture but what the heck... we have 8 months to theorize.

Also, if this line is from the scene in the new movie he says "My father HAS it" rather than "My father HAD it". Did that strike anyone else as a little odd?

It's because the lines were taken from ROTJ word for word, and at the time Darth Vader was still alive.

Come on guys, watch that scene again (which has been posted 2 or 3 times above) and listen closely. They are exactly the same.

It's because the lines were taken from ROTJ word for word, and at the time Darth Vader was still alive.

Come on guys, watch that scene again (which has been posted 2 or 3 times above) and listen closely. They are exactly the same.

Yeah, I don't think this is in film dialogue.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back