Solo: A Star Wars Story

This ship will make the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. However, it's gonna get beat all to hell and need extensive repairs - probably at some sort of salvage yard. They will use whatever they can and probably end up replacing the mandibles in the process.

Lando gonna go "what did you do to MY ship".

Han will go "Don't forget buddy, she is MY ship now. And she's beautiful".

There, we're done :)

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Remember Superman Returns? I heard something like Routh wasn't acting in the film, it was a Reeve impersonation and not his own work and felt awkward about it. Might be the same here of they choose someone who can impersonate him good. I can do a few poses and voices like Ford, but to be cast as that character would mean to impersonate the previous actor and not a full ownership of the role

Totally agree. Actors have to find their own take on a character instead of impersonating another. Brandon Routh with Superman is a good example. You can also look at the two films about Steve Jobs - Ashton Kutcher tried to impersonate him, whereas Michael Fassbender (though not even trying to look or sounds like Steve Jobs at all) completely captured the character. We don't want a Harrison Ford impersonator for a Solo movie.

This has been such a treat. The Wook has been especially argumentative lately. What's gotten under his fur? Could Solo finally be the Disneyverse SW film that puts him over the edge and sends him into an unstoppable arm-pulling-off rage?

The princess has owed him a kiss since ESB. That is alot of built up frustration.

I'm surprised he has been patient this long and hasn't left a trail of disembodied arms.

Someone on another board mentioned a possible Han/Lando rift being the source of (some of) his cynicism, which got me thinking...

Would it affect your opinion of Han if you found out that he in fact DIDN'T win the Falcon "fair and square"?

Good Question.

No. I like my space pirate, Han shot first under the table, smuggler.

Besides we already know that Lando is a double dealer so I see it perfectly fitting that Solo is better at playing the same game, if need be.

Good Question.

No. I like my space pirate, Han shot first under the table, smuggler.

Besides we already know that Lando is a double dealer so I see it perfectly fitting that Solo is better at playing the same game, if need be.

OR...was TESB about Han getting his comeuppance for cheating Lando out of the Falcon...and other things? :)

Alden Ehrenreich needed an acting coach, when they asked him to draw a picture of what he thought the Falcon should look like. Thats when they started to realize, they had a problem.

31o+YVsiMxL._SX300_11.jpg

This was in an age where the cloaking device was just being discovered. And by the time of ANH, it barely worked only hiding parts of a ship. And by the time of TLJ, they were able to hide ships even if they were visually seen. The cloaking device, by the time of TLJ, was so advanced, it obscured the eyes to tell the brain that the ship wasnt there.

This was in an age where the cloaking device was just being discovered. And by the time of ANH, it barely worked only hiding parts of a ship. And by the time of TLJ, they were able to hide ships even if they were visually seen. The cloaking device, by the time of TLJ, was so advanced, it obscured the eyes to tell the brain that the ship wasnt there.

Please dont take my comment seriously.

I don't have a problem with the idea of the Falcon being in a state prior to Han's modifications.

But the blue livery from a prequel easter egg should be ignored. Wouldn't there have been SOME trace of it remaining (or exposed via weathering) by ANH?

The extended mandibles make it seem LESS like a freighter rather than more.

I don't have a problem with the idea of the Falcon being in a state prior to Han's modifications.

But the blue livery from a prequel easter egg should be ignored. Wouldn't there have been SOME trace of it remaining (or exposed via weathering) by ANH?

Well, it is a smuggling ship. I expect we'll have a "Lord of War" scene where they are forced to change it's appearance in a matter of moments. Removing parts, painting over markings, etc.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back