Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Good positive steps though, the dimming of the LEDs will make a huge difference to battery life. How is the tape done? Got any pics mate? I'd be interested to see how thick the tape was, and if it covered the whole panel or just the weak centre section.
True, dimming of the leds should extend battery life.
It looked like the tape was electrical tape and was used to hold the connecting wire in place.

It made no difference at all to the weak spot in the middle of the two domes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

True, dimming of the leds should extend battery life.
It looked like the tape was electrical tape and was used to hold the connecting wire in place.

At least the LED thing has been sorted, that'll make them look more like the 2011s. As for the EL panel, why can't they understand the issue. Either make the EL panel smaller, or widen the foam insert to prevent pressure points. The most cost effective way, would be to make the EL a few mm smaller. I guess they could also get their installation team dremels ;)

At least the LED thing has been sorted, that'll make them look more like the 2011s. As for the EL panel, why can't they understand the issue. Either make the EL panel smaller, or widen the foam insert to prevent pressure points. The most cost effective way, would be to make the EL a few mm smaller. I guess they could also get their installation team dremels ;)
They really need to remodel the midsole. Then they could modify the EL panel cut out and fix the profile of the midsole all in one swoop.

Guys I don't think these are V2.1. I think these are regular V2.

1. That toe does not look slimmed.
2. The mid-sole is darker than the fabric.
3. There is the standard blue NIKE on the strap.

I thought the V2.1 had

1. Slimmed toe box
2. EL logo on the strap
3. Light grey midsoles, same colour as V3

The toe is slim in the other pictures. Maybe it is stuffed with paper or slightly off-angle shot.

The versions that come with light up straps are the V3 and the Remote Control Mags.

The difference in the V2 and V2.1 is the cloth (V3 style) and the slim toe. All else is the same if I recall correctly.

EDIT
I figured it out after looking at the other pics. Left shoe is slimmed properly, the right shoe is not. That pair is defective.

othermag2.jpg

Last edited:
They will then tell you that the pair is fine and ship them anyway. David's team are good at communicating, but sadly these sellers at DHGate are not.

They will then tell you that the pair is fine and ship them anyway. David's team are good at communicating, but sadly these sellers at DHGate are not.

In my experience they have no problem answering questions or sending pictures on DHGATE. And when I did try to buy a pair, the seller I was working with was up front about not being able to get my size and I was promptly refunded.

I remember seeing a pair of V3 from David were it looked like a smaller upper glued into a larger lower. That was a member here.

I don't know, my experiences with seller from that site about these shoes has not been good enough to throw money at.

Slight OT, do you guys know what an anamorphic lens is? I have several of them. The one in my Home Cinema in front of my projector is an engineering marvel. The others I have vary in quality, most with damaged optics. But still cool to play with.

So an Anamorphic Lens is a lens that magnifies in one direction only - typically horizontally. When Cinemas ran 35mm film, a 2x Anamorphic Lens was needed for all screenings of CinemaScope. With the move to digital, only selected cinemas use their 1.25x D-Cinema Anamorphics. In Home Cinema, the magnification is 1.33x, so all but one of my collection are 1.33x. I do have a small 2x from an old 16mm projector.

So the cool thing about these lenses is that they can be used for both image capture and image projection.

Both images are the same height. The display you view them on may present the wider image as a letterbox. What is happening here is that the light to the camera is passing through the optics that are normally designed to expand, but because of the direction it is traveling (front to back), the opposite happens and the image appears tall and thin.

The desired effect works if you open each image in a new tab and then click between the tabs.

Attachments

• Anamorphic MAG 1.jpg
    Anamorphic MAG 1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Anamorphic MAG 2.jpg
    Anamorphic MAG 2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 103
Although I don't own a MAG pair (yet), wanted to share that Netflix recently added a series of documentaries called "Abstract", each one featuring a top artist in its class. I believe the 2nd episode features Tinker Hatfield (who designed the BTTF sneakers. I kinda feel stupid telling you this lol!). They mentioned and briefly show the Mags a couple of times, making reference mostly to the auto-lace feature, but it's still nice to see some history behind them and how due to the lack of technology, the auto lacing feature had to be postponed.

Last edited:
Although I don't own a MAG pair (yet), wanted to share that Netflix recently added a series of documentaries called "Abstract", each one featuring a top artist in its class. I believe the 2nd episode features Tinker Hatfield (who designed the BTTF sneakers. I kinda feel stupid telling you this lol!). They mentioned and briefly show the Mags a couple of times, making reference mostly to the auto-lace feature, but it's still nice to see some history behind them and how due to the lack of technology, the auto lacing feature had to be postponed.

News of this was posted a few pages back, but as I cancelled my NetFlix account (as we have different programing in Australia anyway) I have not seen this yet and I was hoping to get a YouTube link. So far, nada.

News of this was posted a few pages back, but as I cancelled my NetFlix account (as we have different programing in Australia anyway) I have not seen this yet and I was hoping to get a YouTube link. So far, nada.

the Australian Netflix has it, I watched it on my iPad a week or more ago. :)

the Australian Netflix has it, I watched it on my iPad a week or more ago. :)

Cool, now hopefully someone will stick it on YouTube.

@davidjones888 What about the people who've placed an order? Or who were interested in buying a pair?

Placed an order for what? The V3 or power laced version? The V3s rock. The power laced version doesn't exist and based on what David just said, probably won't ever.

Wich was one of the biggest defaults, and if they didn't make the wire connections under the heels stronger and safer then they didn't upgrade the shoes at all to my eyes and not worth the price.
The fabric could have been changed, the midsole waves could have been slightly reworked as the toebox. :/

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back