Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
It was probably post already, but I like this.
804c28cd74e3154788c10dddd2f5c8fc.jpg

That’s exactly what I was thinking of the other day. What is the appeal of his movie? I don’t like the Marvel movies but I get the appeal: fun adventures with a wide array of characters. I didnmt like Jurassic World but I get the appeal, lighthearted, rather dumb dino-feature (although I still don’t get why JW had 1bn intake and JP3 didn’t, same bloody appeal).
I just really don’t get what to like in this one.
But I still stand by that it wasn’t a beloved and prosperous era pre-Disney that all went down the drain. There were years and years of disappointment from prequels, special edit, dvd edit, bluray edit, etc.

That’s exactly what I was thinking of the other day. What is the appeal of his movie? I don’t like the Marvel movies but I get the appeal: fun adventures with a wide array of characters. I didnmt like Jurassic World but I get the appeal, lighthearted, rather dumb dino-feature (although I still don’t get why JW had 1bn intake and JP3 didn’t, same bloody appeal).
I just really don’t get what to like in this one.
But I still stand by that it wasn’t a beloved and prosperous era pre-Disney that all went down the drain. There were years and years of disappointment from prequels, special edit, dvd edit, bluray edit, etc.
I remember reading that 2010 was the most profitable merchandise year ever for star wars.

That's when I realized the true lasting effect. They hadn't even had a real movie since ROTS.

Essentially, since 96, it had been going strong.

The idea that Disney had to "win back fans" was total malarky. The prequels made a ton of money. There was no risk. They could have easily taken their time and made well crafted sequels.

But no.

'memberberries

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I continue the same way the same way you continue, but I don't call you anything for doing it

I find it totally unbelievable that there are folks that actually think that this film has any credibility,...it really astounds me

I know no one,.....not a single person, who I've talked to or am friends on social media,....(all craft & model makers) who enjoyed this film

The next test will be the home video sales.....This will reflect how fans feel about adding the film to their collection

J

Agreed! Every friends and their kids I spoke to, none like ep8. None!

When I took my 11 year old daughter to see it, she liked it. Then after a few days she began telling me different ways on how it could have been a better movie.

The idea that Disney had to "win back fans" was total malarky. The prequels made a ton of money.
So did TLJ and I’m pretty sure the OT bluray set sold tons, so if sales figures is a thing then there can be no argument against the sequels and the special editions either.

What I’m referring to is that there was about 7-8 years when Star Wars was 3 solid space adventure movies with a lot of gimmicks and toys for sale. Then it inflated to this monster of industry where it literally is everywhere from BB-8 oranges, Darth Vader toothpaste and C-3PO alarm clock. Then Lucas made their special editions, made the originals practically unavailable, tampered with them several times and literally said “these are my movies and I do whatever I want with them”. Then he made three sub-par prequels with rushed and slapped together scripts, boring and lifeless characters and confusing and not thought out plots that had concepts such as little-boy Darth Vader, midichlorians, Yoda as Sonic the Hedgehog’s grampa, etc etc. The best example of this is when Jajar mugs and smiles in the camera in AOTC practically saying “I don’t care how much you all hated this, it stays, here it is, up yours”. My point is that this is now being reverred as a prosperous and golden era that was crushed and burned by Disney. I do agree that the conveyor belt nature of pumping out movies every year if an awful thing from an artistic POV especially that this sandbox is much smaller than expected but there was plenty of artistic damage and corporate approach present in the now-beloved Lucas-era. What people yearning for really is 1986 where there were three movies and some toys and magazines and Indy.

There was no risk. They could have easily taken their time and made well crafted sequels.

The exact same applies to the prequels.

The idea that Disney had to "win back fans" was total malarky. The prequels made a ton of money. There was no risk. They could have easily taken their time and made well crafted sequels.

Astro,....don't try & re write history

No....before Disney bought Star Wars it was considered nerdy,..It had lost it's mass appeal

At that time Star Wars was the Clone Wars & it had its own smaller fan base ,....when Disney bought SW they wanted ALL of the audience back,...the old fans, who will spend a fortune on everything,....thats why only weeks after the purchase there were posters & toys of Han, Luke, Leia,.Stormtroopers & Vader all over the Disney Stores,.....go back to what makes mass appeal & money

No Prequels, no Clone Wars,...focus on the OT

Now with TFA,....they relied heavily on nostalgia,....getting that vibe,...it worked....& they secured a box office success,...they tweaked a few things to pull in even more of the general audience by fixing the gender & race mix

....but a major miss-step with TLJ.....on their continued plan to make the films MORE appealing to the general audience,...they went past the fanbase.....disregarding the boundaries & feel of what the Star Wars universe is supposed to feel like,....normalising it.....making it feel like general Sci-fi.....thats why critics loved the film,...because it ticked all the boxes for them.

But the life long Star Wars fans have dug their heels in at the boundaries of their Star Wars universe as they see the characters & stories escaping all around them into a universe of bad humour & un-Star Wars logic

Will we step out there in episode 9?....have Disney lost us?or do they realise that they need to get back in the universe that GL created

J

Maybe the video release won't be the biggest of all time, but it'll do okay. Probably better than "Stranger Things". Trying to sell physical copies to an audience who can stream the product any time they want? Maybe that's why, even when Target put it on sale for $10, they still had plenty left (and still do).
Yes, the streaming thing, because they don't bother to put any bts features for whatever reason. It's why I never bought Daredevil on bluray. Anyhow, back to the topic...

I don't care for this movie, but I bought the book in the hopes that through its narrative I can find the Luke I knew from the OT within the person I don't recognize for the majority of the movie. I'm desperately clinging to hope that I can eventually come to if not love then at least appreciate this movie and accept it as a part of the universe I love. I'm unfortunately not very optimistic about it though.

Last edited:
Anyone know the best Blu-ray to get? Target still have the most exclusives? I don’t have a 4K player just blu-ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little late but i just viewed TLJ last night and there are really no words to describe how i felt while watching this abortion of a "movie"

That anybody can view this and have anything good to say about it just boggles my mind, the makers of this "movie" must have had the intent to break the spirit of any person that grew up on the original trilogy because if that was not the purpose of this beautiful piece of well let's just call it "propaganda" then i fail to see for whom or what reason this was made at all.

To me it was clear that Star Wars was dead around the time that the fat space manatee "and no i'm not talking about Rose" ejaculated blue "cough" allover Luke's face and then turned to the camera in a way that i can only describe as a taunt to the audience, and for some reason i heard Kathleen Kennedy laugh inside of my own head and i think whatever hope of a brighter future was still present inside me died at that moment.

The contempt Disney has shown here for the Star Wars fans is something i never thought i'd see in any movie franchise ever and i still can't believe what i just experienced, i could literally see Mark Hamill's soul die when filming his scenes.

I'm done, Disney is never getting a penny from me ever again, not for Star Wars at least.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back