Best Blade Runner Blaster

I've just bought one out of the junkyard, its a mash up of different parts MIM and off world inc. its missing the handle butt plate, the left side chamber cover, the front trigger, windage knob and the knurled knob. I've messaged off world about parts does anyone have any spares or any links to where I can get spares???

I've just bought one out of the junkyard, its a mash up of different parts MIM and off world inc. its missing the handle butt plate, the left side chamber cover, the front trigger, windage knob and the knurled knob. I've messaged off world about parts does anyone have any spares or any links to where I can get spares???

The Metal buttplate and upgrade set is available on ebay.

since we're discussing the various versions of the blaster that are out there, I was wondering if anyone can ID the origins of this cast kit I've got on the way to me. I'm fully aware it's likely a recast of something, but living where I do (australia) my options are quite limited, so I had to go with what I could find locally)

It's got a few distinct features:

- the circular bump on the butt plate
- text on the steyr part says 'USE ONLY ______ ___________'
- there looks to be text on the outside of the cylinder cover, no idea what it says.

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.1057043448_kmyd.jpg
    il_fullxfull.1057043448_kmyd.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 242
since we're discussing the various versions of the blaster that are out there, I was wondering if anyone can ID the origins of this cast kit I've got on the way to me. I'm fully aware it's likely a recast of something, but living where I do (australia) my options are quite limited, so I had to go with what I could find locally)

- there looks to be text on the outside of the cylinder cover, no idea what it says.

That's a recast of Rick Ross' original PKD. As far as I recall, Rick sold the rights to another company (it might have been here in Aus but I stand to be corrected) and these crop up from time to time. The writing on the upper receiver is different from Rick's original (I have one) but if its a half decent cast, then although its not accurate you will have one of the most iconic and aesthetically pleasing early blasters that Rick produced. Here's mine with my Worldcon:

PKD_WC.jpg

Take care that when you've built it that its handled carefully as these are prone to snapping at the pint where the butt meets the heavy upper body.

Regards,
MARK

KramStaar: cool, I wasn't even thinking that it might be a Rick Ross kit. Quite happy with that actually, yours looks great. Can't wait to get it and start working on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Those white resin PKD blaster kits are on sale on ETSY, by an Aussie bloke who sells them for USD$130.
The same kit is for sale on ebay at the moment (AUCTION) by a German seller and bidding is currently sitting on USD$340.

AUCTION ENDED on 14thOctober2017: It went for USD$400 plus shipping.

Last edited:
Those white resin PKD blaster kits are on sale on ETSY, by an Aussie bloke who sells them for USD$130.
The same kit is for sale on ebay at the moment (AUCTION) by a German seller and bidding is currently sitting on USD$340.

Yeah I got it off the Etsy guy, only it was US$100 when I bought it. He put the price up after he shipped mine. I guess he realised, that with the new movie, there might be an increased interest in the gun.

I like the heft of an all metal PKD with a little wonkyness....like a screen used Stormtrooper helmet. The Tomen PKD's are a little to perfect and look 'off' if compared side to side with the real prop. IMHO.

I like the heft of an all metal PKD with a little wonkyness....like a screen used Stormtrooper helmet. The Tomen PKD's are a little to perfect and look 'off' if compared side to side with the real prop. IMHO.

I totally agree. That heavy clunky piece in the hand just feels great!

I'm in Calgary.
That bodes well for Winnipeg - a little western common sense will hopefully prevail.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely get that, but my preference is the clean "original issue" look of the Tomen. That's just me.

this is Michele from italie, ex partner from the sidkit blasters. search for it on the "old and new blaster" thread to make your opinion on him and generally online for the history of that guy and his blasters ;)

oh sorry, I was sure this was actually his website and It seemed really weird to me because the blasters di-tutto is selling on ebay look really really bad to me. Since some people are saying that the sidkits are great, I was kind of lost. This is a revelation to me, and I will not consider the sidkit the same from now on because of that I guess.
Does Michele hava a website then?
thanks. :thumbsup

hum! yeah I thought that I read that website completely and I went back to read it, there is the whole story of how he and Sidero founded that company, and he his calling himself Michele. Either this guy is even taking the story of the sidkits and the names of the owners or this really is Michele's website...

are you guys sure about what you are saying? :wacko

edit: OK, now I also read better sarednab post and he his saying that the guy is also taking the names of the sidkit team... ok that is crazy...
sorry

Yeah I got it off the Etsy guy, only it was US$100 when I bought it. He put the price up after he shipped mine. I guess he realised, that with the new movie, there might be an increased interest in the gun.

So, just as a follow up to this in case anyone is interested, I just checked the listing and it looks like he's put the price up again on the kit (https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/483733699/blade-runner-blaster-full-size-resin-kit?ref=hp_rf).

It was US$100 (AU$135) when I bought it, then it was US$130 (AU$165) and now he's put it up to US$155 (AU$200), I guess he's entitled to price it as he sees fit, but if anyones interested in the kit, know that it cost a lot less a week ago.

Does Michele hava a website then?
thanks. :thumbsup

He sells his Sidkit kits on eBay with the screen name ‘Comprarobe’ and has one listed presently. I have had four from him and they have all been perfection.
Di-tutto on the other hand is a fake / scam / copyist / recaster.

He sells his Sidkit kits on eBay with the screen name ‘compratobe’ and has one listed presently. I have had four from him and they have all been perfection. Di-tutto is a fake / copyist / recaster.

thanks! I was wondering if compratobe was also a recaster or if he was really Michele. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back