Blade Runner 2049

Discussion of the final trailer featuring Gaf making an origami sheep.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-final-...iler-has-a-big-cameo-from-the-original-movie/

I think the unicorn he left for Deckard was symbolic of the unattenable myth that his love of Rachel would last. I know the unicorn is see in his dream but that's all vague enough to allow for a lot of interruptions. The sheep I think represents K who is doing the bidding of his superiors without consideration of the consequences. So Gaf uses origami as a passive aggressive insult. :) Oh, and the chicken!

I don't like giant holograms in the middle of cities. Why would city councils even allow it? It looked like crap already in the GitS remake and in this movie it is supposedly a ten-story high pink naked woman - which would never be allowed in real life (except maybe in France if it is artsy enough...).
On the other hand, the shots with the giant naked woman could be a dream sequence...

Anyway. Seven hours away until I see it.

Late again, but had our crew screening last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and was very interesting to see the culmination of so many peoples hard time and work come together. At some points was hard to pick out the shots we worked on! Story wise was very happy. Denis asked us not to reveal any plot lines, so that the audience can see it like we did for the first time - not knowing anything. If you've seen it would be happy to chat over pm though :)

No Spoilers below, at least I don't think so. Just my thoughts. I'm sure other's felt different.

Saw the movie finally last night. It was good and it was great to see and inhabit the world of Blade Runner again. They did it justice visually and soundtrack, I thought. I thought the film was too long and definitely could have done with some better editing to keep the pace going. It felt like it dragged a lot. I mean every seen of Gosling walking was 25 minutes long..... :p It didn't seem to really pick up until Harrison Ford was there. The acting was good over all.

I thought the plot was more standard and did not leave me wanting to know more at the end. I also feel they set it up for a sequel which I wasn't too keen on.

Over all A+ on visuals and music B- on plot and editing.

Glad I saw it in the theaters. I will definitely buy it when it's out.

Last edited:
So...I guess Adam didn't make the final cut after all.
Awkward :unsure

I don't think he ever shot anything for the actual movie. He was in one of the YouTube shorts that take place before the events of the film. You can clearly see him next to Bautista in this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I've searched a bit and couldn't find a place where someone would mention it or a picture that proves it, but I'm pretty sure I caught a fun easter egg for us prop collectors that maybe you all saw, but maybe not:

I think that the serial number of the bones seen in the new zooming machine at the beginning of the movie contains 5223 in the middle. I thought that was really fun for us hardcore collectors and details crazy guys. kudos to the guy that had the idea to do that. :thumbsup

I only saw the movie once and cannot swear that I'm sure I remember exactly but it makes sense. ;)

Hi, I've searched a bit and couldn't find a place where someone would mention it or a picture that proves it, but I'm pretty sure I caught a fun easter egg for us prop collectors that maybe you all saw, but maybe not.
I only saw the movie once and cannot swear that I'm sure I remember exactly but it makes sense. ;)

Also:

The serial number started with N7, proving Rachel was a Nexus 7. Nice little addition. We could maybe assume Deckard was also Nexus7? Would make sense given 2049's plot.

eethan, it's actually seen a second time when K goes to Wallace Towers...

Her number is N7FAA52318. Which means that her incept date is this coming May, 23rd! :) The number can be seen (very small) in the "Art and Soul" book.

Last edited:
Just got through watching Blade Runner 2049. It’s a good movie, may have to watch it a few more times to know if it has the same appeal and draw as the original. Still a good one to recommend if you are fans of the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to skip the theater experience, but I do have my blu ray pre-ordered on Amazon.

Thats a shame, if you are anything like me. You will find getting distracted at home whilst watching might have a negative effect on your appraisal of the film.

But then again some theatre visits are not ideal either with selfish munchers/talkers/toilet breakers

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back