Are these good blade runner gun kits?

don't know the original but the 2049 blaster is form a board member....ELILAY

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=282022

Hmmmmmmmmmm, i think i heard about pewpew being on this forum on another blade runner thread. Might have to pick it up when theres more in stock. There were some in stock yesterday but none today so seems like its worth the bucks. Was more concern with the deckard one

- - - Updated - - -

That first one looks like it is a recast of a tomenosuke. Seller claims it has screen/stunt heritage but it’s too sharp for a thirty year old multi-generation cast.

I had a lot of concern with that one, its not a lot of money compared to what I seen other people talking about the price of some kits. I have access to a 3d printer so i may try printing out this kit over time, a lot of pieces

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/deckards-blaster-blade-runner-5694

Check out member; rgriesbeck in the project runs forum. He makes a good 3d printed Deckard gun.

Thanks, will check him out. What are his prices? I could technically get deckards gun for free if I take the time with the 3d printer at my school, in a private lil room which you need a keycard for which I have. But its a lot of pieces and printing takes awhile. With school have a hard time finding time

I actually own the one from the first link. It isn't a casting off a tomenosuke but does have stunt heritage. You can see that the grip plate is the older, non curved version and there are no LEDS for example. Overall it's a very clean and crisp model that's great for a first/budget blaster. Please see attached a finished/painted version I completed about a year and a half ago:
Blaster 1.jpgBlaster 2.jpg

I actually own the one from the first link. It isn't a casting off a tomenosuke but does have stunt heritage. You can see that the grip plate is the older, non curved version and there are no LEDS for example. Overall it's a very clean and crisp model that's great for a first/budget blaster. Please see attached a finished/painted version I completed about a year and a half ago:
View attachment 765854View attachment 765855

Those look really nice. So you would recommend this kit? How does it feel while holding it? Does it have some heft to it or weight to it, not light as a feather

Those look really nice. So you would recommend this kit? How does it feel while holding it? Does it have some heft to it or weight to it, not light as a feather

I can't really say a bad thing about it for what it is. It's a solid resin piece that will look as good as you can make it. It doesn't weigh a whole lot though (perhaps the same as a can of coke). If you're looking for this to be your only blaster however I would try to get a more accurate model that has some functioning parts and amber grips.

It isn't a casting off a tomenosuke but does have stunt heritage.
I'm sorry but the shapes of the stamped digits are different from the original (WorldCon pictures) and more like the Tomenosuke's.

They are not as visible in your picture as in the picture on the linked page - but I can see that they have the same lineage because of a scratch on the bolt-action lever. That scratch was not present on the Worldcon blaster.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but the shape of the stamped digits is different from the original (WorldCon pictures) and more like the Tomenosuke's.

They are not as visible in your picture as in the picture on the linked page - but I can see that they have the same lineage because of a scratch on the bolt-action lever. That scratch was not present on the Worldcon blaster.

I just own one bought from this guy, so I can only speculate as to the origins of the blaster's master. Owning it and a Tomenosuke however, I can assure you the markings aren't the same :p

I think it's likely that the scratch on the bolt is accidental damage caused to the original master.

-EDIT- Saying that, I only own the most recent Tomenosuke. Did the markings/proofings on the receiver get altered in one of their many runs?

Last edited:
I think that first one might be a casting of a Sidkit PKD. I had a stunt casting of the original, and it had the finger groove on the buttplate, and the big seam line down the top of the Steyr receiver as you see the wall scene. It also wasn't nearly as crisp a casting as that one.

Really want my own blade runner pistols, both versions new and old. Was wonder if the ones I link below are worthy of buying. New to kits, props, etc so do not have a basis for if these are the bee's knees or if its a ripoff.
The ones you linked are not the "bees knees" (whatever that means):p, and they do not appear to be "ripoffs" (whatever that means).:p
There is a lot of information in this Forum on these sorts of Blasters and also within the Propsummit Forum.

The Steyr magwell at the very least was from a Tomen. Could be a franken-blaster they put together & cast. Tell-tale sharp tooling lines on the magwell though.

871d32f6bf557e8eb27c8ac0395ee284.jpg

Tomen on the left, real one on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I frequently see this one on Etsy and am of the opinion it’s a Tomen recast as well. A recast “Patrolman Edition” would have the squared butt plate, no LEDs and the sharp tooling marks Veektohr pointed out. The blasters the patrolmen carried in the first movie were all cast off the original at the same time as the stunt castings (prior to the buttplate being rounded and the LEDs being installed). The Tomen patrolman version was specifically designed to have all those differences from the hero.

I frequently see this one on Etsy and am of the opinion it’s a Tomen recast as well. A recast “Patrolman Edition” would have the squared butt plate, no LEDs and the sharp tooling marks Veektohr pointed out. The blasters the patrolmen carried in the first movie were all cast off the original at the same time as the stunt castings (prior to the buttplate being rounded and the LEDs being installed). The Tomen patrolman version was specifically designed to have all those differences from the hero.

I have the Tomenosuke limited-run rubber stunt from a couple years ago and it’s the same. This is what I recon they copied.
The guy has two Etsy shops, both in Leeds, both selling the same cast at the same price with the same delivery conditions....

EDIT: Thinking about it now I think it’s deffo the rubber Tomen’ that’s been used.
Using the rubber stunt would mean the caster doesn’t have to ‘clay-up’ the gun to fill voids as it’s already done.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back