NEW Blade Runner 2049 J.W. bottle - PICTURES PAGE 8

Re: NEW Blade Runner 2049 J.W. bottle???

userd, it's your point of view, I like the bottle and am not able to purchase it yet. I hope they will put it on amazon.fr, the fact it's not yet on the US version is a bit reassuring to me. let's hope :)

Guys just been reading up due to Alcohol content you cannot send these out of the UK, don't know if this is an EU ruling but explains why you cannot buy from UK source.

Are you sure that these cant be sent from the UK? Just curious.

How does that work if your just someone sending a bottle to someone else in another country, is it stopped at UK customs and refused shipping?

One way around that is to have the contents emptied in the UK before shipping I guess. Not getting it for the scotch anyway.

It's a tossup in the US at only 15 states. So bizarre. They'll be scalping them on fleabay for silly money.
If I manage to find a "select retailer" here in FL, I'll post a link here for you guys.

Nothing here in Canada yet...I'll check my store over the week-end.

never thought, I had the chance to get a bottle here in Germany, but ordered 3 now .... fingers crossed, the rest of you will find a retail seller soon . :thumbsup

Last edited:

added to amazon Spain now. still not on amazon France. :(

Are you sure that these cant be sent from the UK? Just curious.

How does that work if your just someone sending a bottle to someone else in another country, is it stopped at UK customs and refused shipping?

One way around that is to have the contents emptied in the UK before shipping I guess. Not getting it for the scotch anyway.
It's the content so I guess you could buy a bottle or get someone here to do so then pour it all away, or drink it and send an empty bottle no problem.
The only other issue with ordering from Amazon is that they restricted it to 1 per customer.

Yep, 2000 supposed to be distributed in Canada, 27000 in US in 15 states only, 5000 for UK. As for the rest of Europe, the Forbes article didn't say. As far as Canada is concerned, the Liquor Board hasn't heard anything about that special edition (there was an article, today, in the Toronto Star).
I know that we have a few Belgians on this board...was about to phone my parents in Brussels, but looking on the board, nothing there either.

Was starting to get a little nervous that I was about to drop a packet on a bottle that may not even be in the movie but here she is....

new bottle.jpg

I contacted Johnnie Walker and inquired about where/if we could get this in the US. This what they replied back.

Thank you for taking time to contact Johnnie Walker. Your feedback is important to us.

Thirty five years after appearing in the cult sci-fi classic “Blade Runner,” Johnnie Walker is excited to announce the upcoming release of Johnnie Walker Black Label The Director’s Cut – a limited-edition whisky blend launching globally around the highly-anticipated film “Blade Runner 2049.” Details on the product’s official launch will be announced closer to the film’s release, but we look forward to raising a glass with Blade Runner fans around the world in the very near future.

Once again, thank you for contacting Johnnie Walker.

Sincerely,

Cristina
Johnnie Walker Consumer Care Representative

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is very important info to have. im glad we arent yet 'missing out' and they havent officially launched yet. hopefully this means we will get an info dump sometime soon.

I contacted Johnnie Walker and inquired about where/if we could get this in the US. This what they replied back.

Thank you for taking time to contact Johnnie Walker. Your feedback is important to us.

Thirty five years after appearing in the cult sci-fi classic “Blade Runner,” Johnnie Walker is excited to announce the upcoming release of Johnnie Walker Black Label The Director’s Cut – a limited-edition whisky blend launching globally around the highly-anticipated film “Blade Runner 2049.” Details on the product’s official launch will be announced closer to the film’s release, but we look forward to raising a glass with Blade Runner fans around the world in the very near future.

So what is it.... 39,000 bottles worldwide or as Amazon list (as usered 1402 shows) 5000 worldwide... Because it's a pretty big con to get people buying a limited run advertising it at 5000 then banging out a bigger production after!?.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big coorporations scr***** people over is actually very much in the spirit of Blade Runner/cyber punk.

So what is it.... 39,000 bottles worldwide or as Amazon list (as usered 1402 shows) 5000 worldwide... Because it's a pretty big con to get people buying a limited run advertising it at 5000 then banging out a bigger production after!?.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah...lot's of numbers thrown around (what's what? I don't know and no confirmation of sources either). According to the Toronto Star in Canada, the launch of the new bottle (CDN) will be on September 20th. Buuut, the Liquor Board hasn't heard about anything being displayed in their stores:confused When I phoned (local CDN phone # 1-800-668-5226)their local customer service, the woman on the line said that there was a lot of traffic/questions about that BR bottle and that she didn't see/know anything about an official announcement regarding said product. Again, lots of confusion and not many straight answers!!

Yep, 2000 supposed to be distributed in Canada, 27000 in US in 15 states only, 5000 for UK. As for the rest of Europe, the Forbes article didn't say. As far as Canada is concerned, the Liquor Board hasn't heard anything about that special edition (there was an article, today, in the Toronto Star).
I know that we have a few Belgians on this board...was about to phone my parents in Brussels, but looking on the board, nothing there either.

hey, so just to reply to that, amazon Belgium doesn't exist, we have to order from France usually, so, hopefully they will release it there soon and secondly, hopefully we will be able to send it to Belgium from France...

Do people think this is a good investment to make, will it increase in value and if it does how can one sell it when eBay and other sites don't allow it?

I dont think this is primarily a 'good investment' im sure it will age well and go up in price in years as these things do, but with the hassle involved in selling alcohol, i think it will prevent people from buying to sell. this is one of those rare things that will be bought up and largely kept but those who bought it. at least until the bottle is empty.

Do people think this is a good investment to make, will it increase in value and if it does how can one sell it when eBay and other sites don't allow it?

I dont think this is primarily a 'good investment' im sure it will age well and go up in price in years as these things do, but with the hassle involved in selling alcohol, i think it will prevent people from buying to sell. this is one of those rare things that will be bought up and largely kept but those who bought it. at least until the bottle is empty.

I have a blade runner display and I'm torn whether to preorder one as I don't think the bottle looks amazing and I know full well I could use the money for better blade runner props but I don't know whether it's worth getting for a possible better trade or sale in the future.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back