Here's an informal poll. What should be my next saber project

If I read the OP right, this V3 would be a casting of the actual, real, saber? If so, that changes my thinking.

Things i'd still like to see
DV RoTJ
Anakin AoTC.
BMaul
Kit Fisto

If I read the OP right, this V3 would be a casting of the actual, real, saber? If so, that changes my thinking.

If I recall correctly Dan made a 3D version based on a picture of the wooden OB1 master, then had it printed out, which would serve as his 'master' to make a mold to make castings of ... warts and all. Am I mistaken, Dan?

Chaïm

I am trying to find a good picture of the seam line. Seth has a photo in his book but I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me. Do you know of any clear pics of the seam line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
heres pics I have that show the seam line

Attachments

• IMG_2610.PNG
    IMG_2610.PNG
    434.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2611.PNG
    IMG_2611.PNG
    666.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2612.PNG
    IMG_2612.PNG
    680.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2613.JPG
    IMG_2613.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 67
I have been reading a bit on the difference between the V2 and V3 and I am not so sure to understand. Is the V3 Casted from the V2 or are both casted from a tier one. In That case which one did they use as reference?

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

I have been reading a bit on the difference between the V2 and V3 and I am not so sure to understand. Is the V3 Casted from the V2 or are both casted from a tier one. In That case which one did they use as reference?

the V2 and V3 were both aluminum casts made from a wooden buck that was made to resemble The Obi-Wan hero from ANH. The casts had their pommels and emitters removed and finished by other means and the bodies were hollowed out. They became the Obi-Wan stunt sabers. Through the production of ESB and ROTJ more details changed as they were used for different purposes.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and the explanation.
Is there also a visible seam line on the V2 or sanded it down?

Is there also a visible seam line on the V2 or sanded it down?

It's been cleaned up on a lathe and looks much nicer than the Shared Stunt.

And now we're stuck with the non-sensical names of V2 and Shared Stunt, where they're both shared stunts and it would have made more sense to use "Shared Stunt 1" and "Shared Stunt 2" - where Shared Stunt 1 is also the "Hero" for ROTJ for practical purposes. :)

Last edited:
It's been cleaned up on a lathe and looks much nicer than the Shared Stunt.

And now we're stuck with the non-sensical names of V2 and Shared Stunt, where they're both shared stunts and it would have made more sense to use "Shared Stunt 1" and "Shared Stunt 2" - where Shared Stunt 1 is also the "Hero" for ROTJ for practical purposes. :)

this is where i always get confused when people refer to a saber as "shared stunt". this is why i like V2 for the black cow spotted saber we all know and love, and V3 for the chopper color emitter we see here and there in return of the jedi

its just easier for me to remember. but once someone says "shared stunt" i have to read further into the thread looking for hints or just straight up ask... " do you mean the v3?"

ISYHCANL with blinking leds, either solid or hollow for electronics.
Yuma or shared stunt will be fine too.

FYI Acerocket has completed his run of Anakin ROTS recently. His run of OWK1 is currently under progress and will end soon. Both are FX versions. Not sure how many RTF members have joined his runs.

FYI Acerocket has completed his run of Anakin ROTS recently. His run of OWK1 is currently under progress and will end soon. Both are FX versions. Not sure how many RTF members have joined his runs.

Joined the party too late and wasn't able to get a pre-order spot on the OM Skinnyflex... the few people I've found who are selling theirs are only willing to sell them at at least twice the original run price (and those who were selling it at less than that sold theirs almost instantly).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back