Director Krennic Costume Build

Thought I would jump in here as well.

I finished my Krennic build in time for San Diego Comic Con. Here's my pic.

20170718_200013(0).jpg

I didn't have time to get my blaster finished or my holster but those are both pretty easy.

While at Comic Con, I was able to get a quick review by a 501st member that does such things. I came up about 85% correct. On the list was:

- Need stirrups for the pants
- Need the modesty panel and should stiffen both the cape and tunic collars with interfacing
- Shorten the cape slightly
- Rank bars were slightly out of alignment (I bought these from Russia)

The big one, was that my cape had 5 less panels than the required 15. I've been able to identify most of the panels, but a pattern of some kind would be awesome. Does anyone know where I might obtain such a beast?

Mark

This isn't 501st standards, but if you're on a budget, here are some items that I ordered for my Director Krennic costume.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00770ZLBE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XXQWHQS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AH0NOA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like the idea of the chef tunic as the base for the costume because it will be pretty stiff and comfortable. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the cape. (what fabric to use and could it be possible to make one w/o having access to a sewing machine?

Thought I would jump in here as well.

I finished my Krennic build in time for San Diego Comic Con. Here's my pic.

View attachment 747920

I didn't have time to get my blaster finished or my holster but those are both pretty easy.

While at Comic Con, I was able to get a quick review by a 501st member that does such things. I came up about 85% correct. On the list was:

- Need stirrups for the pants
- Need the modesty panel and should stiffen both the cape and tunic collars with interfacing
- Shorten the cape slightly
- Rank bars were slightly out of alignment (I bought these from Russia)

The big one, was that my cape had 5 less panels than the required 15. I've been able to identify most of the panels, but a pattern of some kind would be awesome. Does anyone know where I might obtain such a beast?

Mark
I got the same rank bar. Mine fell apart when I tried to put it on... Ended up making my own.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This a brilliant thread - I'm hoping to put together a Krennic outfit for November's Vancouver FanExpo. This will be of immeasurable help. Your costume-making skills are amazing, thank you for sharing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back