Deadpool Movie

Anyone know if there's gonna be a deadpool movie figure? Not the hot toys one, an actual movie figure

Wait, not the hot toys deadpool movie figure?

marvel-deadpool-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902628-01.jpg

Huh? Both the HotToys and SideShow figures are 1/6 scale, (approx 12" tall). I don't think anyone makes a 3 1/2" movie Deadpool.

that's what I was asking.. does anybody know if they make a movie deadpool figure. perhaps I should have wrote in my original post a little clearer.

that's what I was asking.. does anybody know if they make a movie deadpool figure. perhaps I should have wrote in my original post a little clearer.

You could always take a GI Joe figure and repaint it to look like Deadpool, I'm sure that there has to be at least one GI Joe figure that's armed and has a costume that's similar to Deadpool.

Just got back from a press screening, have to say I was impressed.

The violence tips past the Kick-Ass and Kingsman level, the humor even more so (seriously not sure what more they'd have had to do for an 18 over here) and undoubtedly the most nudity in a Marvel film so far (wonder if Reynolds has a butt double?)

My only real beef is that a few too many jokes were already revealed through trailers and teasers, kind of killed a few bars of humor but more than enough additional to keep you laughing.

Isn't the 're-invention of the superhero movie' a lot of people seemed to think it was going to be, but I can guarantee you'll have more fun watching it than you will Age of Apocalypse (if you don't, consider us definite non-puzzlepiece material).

Last edited:
RT score is at 83% with 42 reviews, average score of 7.2/10, pretty solid thus far. Probably will land a little lower once everything's in, maybe high 70s/low 80s.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/deadpool/

And thats the problem with Sci-Fi movies.....they default to about 5-10% less than a non Sci-Fi movie. Not worried,Im sure any one who loves Deadpool will have a grand time.

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing it, apparently they released it earlier in Hong Kong to cash in on the Chinese New Year movie crowd. Lots to say but no spoilers here, I'll wait for the post-release thread to go up in a few days :p

Just got back from seeing it, apparently they released it earlier in Hong Kong to cash in on the Chinese New Year movie crowd. Lots to say but no spoilers here, I'll wait for the post-release thread to go up in a few days :p

So it IS released in China? Reynolds was in an interview and they said wouldn't be released, and Reynolds said "Rated: you'll never ***king see it"

So it IS released in China? Reynolds was in an interview and they said wouldn't be released, and Reynolds said "Rated: you'll never ***king see it"
Hong Kong is a self governing semi-autonomous region of China, they call it "1 country 2 systems" so as a result they have a separate film classification board and all films can be shown here unlike the ones that have to pass the government censors in mainland. To be fair, the whole "banned in China" thing was obviously done as a marketing/PR thing, I get the impression they submitted it for classification in China with the intention of having it rejected so they can use the whole "Deadpool banned in China" during marketing the film. Deadpool banned in China; except for the semi automous region of Hong Kong doesn't quite have the same ring to it I guess :p

I was actually pretty impressed with how much advertising they're doing for it in Hong Kong though, Deadpool posters and trailers looping in the MTR (Subway), adverts on the sides of buses and huge billboards by the roads.

Absolutely brilliant. Thoroughly entertaining, it's not going to win any dramatic awards but we all know that, enough emotion/evil guy stuff to feel it pretty tangibly, some brilliant action scenes and great comedy throughout. Simple and enjoyable.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back