The 8th Doctor's new costume - Night of the Doctor

Do you know if the buttons were self fabric covered or different fabric? I'm trying to decide what ones to choose.

I believe they were self fabric covered. That's what my eyes tell me.

I couldn't get my hands on a kit on time to finish my costume so I resorted to use color coordinated buttons.

I believe they were self fabric covered. That's what my eyes tell me.

I couldn't get my hands on a kit on time to finish my costume so I resorted to use color coordinated buttons.
I'm hopefuly gonna check out a few different shops to find the right one. I just don't have much sucess with self cover buttons.

BTW. got my tickets for the photoshoot. yay! What about you?

Here's the waistcoat fabric:

1a.jpg

Some friends were doing a cosplay photo shoot so I decided to break out the Eighth Doctor gear. The waistcoast is still a placeholder while the final one is being worked on, but it still fits the part.

140607-0157.jpg

Doctor Eight

Thanks! It's a 36 but the cut is a bit weird. I don't know how to describe it, the sleeves are enormous in terms of arm room (Is that what you would call it?) and it's a bit baggy somehow ( I normally wear a 38) but I think with a bit of tailoring this could be perfect. (I can't sew to save my life so this was a godsend)

Regarding the Spats/Gaiters, does anyone see a problem with modifying the buckled version by adding eyelets?

Call me a stickler, but has anyone looked into the undershirt? The collar seems so small compared to your average dress shirt, so I've been wondering if it actually is a tuxedo shirt like his original costume. I don't own one to compare it with and I've never seen one unbuttoned so it's hard, IMO, to tell. In either case I've got a nice version of this costume going so if anyone needs more help finding parts, look for "Puttees" when you do your searches for gaiters, mine are PERFECT, but I found them specifically listed under that title. I also bought a buckle separate from an actual belt, so does anyone know the TYPE of belt I'd need to fasten it too? When looking for an actual name for it, most sites just call it a "insert name of buckle here" belt.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back