ESB Vader chestbox lights revisited.

jcgardea

So , I am making my own chestbox from scratch for a ESB Vader and I was figuring out how to do the lights.

Certainly Fettronics is an option but I found out that with arduino controller and some coding I could have some custom sequences and was little cheaper (hard work though).

I don’t know where everyone got the sequence lights but after watching the movies closely it seemed to me they look nothing like the movie. And yes i know about the 23 step sequence, I think they are wrong.

So I made own video study that I want to share. So let me know what you think
https://youtu.be/E2J_xl2MbGU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a great study video.

Are there three led's per coin slot?
I have seen a sequence where not all led's are lit in the coins lots to add even more irregularities

I bet they were set up to play by a randomiser type of circuit

I'll keep an eye out for updates on this thread as it's very interesting

Thanks for posting.

It was no random sequence and there were three led s per slot. I do not remember the sequence anymore, though, but I think that it is documentef somewhere.

I don’t know how many leds per slot, but I see at least 2 lights per slot going on and off .
And yes, in some steps not all leds are lit.

I don’t know how many leds per slot, but I see at least 2 lights per slot going on and off .
And yes, in some steps not all leds are lit.

Definitely three leds. I kid you not ;-) and the sequence IIRC was 1-3,3-3,2-3 and repeat. Something similar for all three slots.

I might chalk that up to the state of costume electronics in 1979...

Nope. Nothing deliberate, all planned. I think in the sw board game with vader on video and later on dvd the sequence can be seen in greater length. You may want to check youtubw for that.

.Nope. Nothing deliberate, all planned. I think in the sw board game with vader on video and later on dvd the sequence can be seen in greater length. You may want to check youtubw for that.

I will look into it. But the point I was trying to find is the correct ESB specific sequence(s), and not other props.
Here’s a video of the Anovos box, which I think they did get access to the original props. And while the Anovos box doesn’t have fading lights or partially lit slots, the sequence has similar a lot parts to the sequence I determined from the movie.

https://vimeo.com/242471065/5b886e4a31
Thanks to Kelvington for kindly uploading the video of his Anovos box

I will look into it. But the point I was trying to find is the correct ESB specific sequence(s), and not other props.
Here’s a video of the Anovos box, which I think they did get access to the original props. And while the Anovos box doesn’t have fading lights or partially lit slots, the sequence has similar a lot parts to the sequence I determined from the movie.

:thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back