Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

It's funny that most people who complain about the Prequels say they wanted to see several movies with Vader just killing everything. Then when they show Vader killing Jedi kids, they're upset. If they hadn't included that, I guarantee people would ask where the kids were and why didn't they show him killing everyone.

It comes down to they only had two hours or two and half, whatever, so they had to cram everything into that time slot.

I feel like Palpatine would have been more likely to order against killing the Younglings, but to take out all their guardians at the temple, and then taking custody of them, himself, to turn into Acolytes, Inquisitors, Shadow Guards, Hands, and that ilk.

It wouldn't be as much of a test for his new disciple then. I don't think he doubted that Vader would kill all the adult Jedi, but to kill the Padawans as well, that's a step beyond. That would prove he's Sith. There's most likely more Force sensitive people around to use so it's no loss to Sidious.

Holdo...

Attachments

• 2D83B145-7D99-401F-9E16-3622072CAAD8.jpeg
    2D83B145-7D99-401F-9E16-3622072CAAD8.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 85
Good looking poster but Rey in the flowing red cape... the Little Red Riding Hood vibe can't be an accident, right? Both young women trying to avoid the dangers of the outside world while being stalked by a big, bad wolf who wants to seduce them?

why are the posters devoid of snoke? Was he in any of them? Is he the wizard of oz and Luke is behind the curtain pulling all the strings

It's funny that most people who complain about the Prequels say they wanted to see several movies with Vader just killing everything. Then when they show Vader killing Jedi kids, they're upset. If they hadn't included that, I guarantee people would ask where the kids were and why didn't they show him killing everyone.

It comes down to they only had two hours or two and half, whatever, so they had to cram everything into that time slot.

It wouldn't be as much of a test for his new disciple then. I don't think he doubted that Vader would kill all the adult Jedi, but to kill the Padawans as well, that's a step beyond. That would prove he's Sith. There's most likely more Force sensitive people around to use so it's no loss to Sidious.

I can see some being squeemish over dead kids onscreen. But frankly - that's a tiny point.

The biggest problem was that it wasn't believable at all. The twisted logic being, it's OK to kill 100 people/kids to save your wife. Yeah...no. Especially when going from conflicted to the most devout Sith in the history of existence in 5 minutes.

The killing the Padawans was WAY too much IMO. I must admit that I usually forget about that part, but now that it is mentioned I find it an utterly disgusting creative decision to go down that low. I can understand George´s intention, but to be honest, just to show HOW bad and deep Anakin has fallen it was NOT necessary to even slightly suggest that he would kill younglings.

This is greatly over-dramatizing the scene, which was one of the flatest in the movie. It elicited virtually no reaction when I saw it. It's SUPPOSED to be some dramatic scene. But, it just lands with a thud. Room full of kids that have no established characters. They're just THERE. It's badly acted and they don't actually show ANYTHING. Just more cardboard lightsaber targets. Plus, what's the big deaI? He already killed the Tusken kids in AOTC. Once again, off screen. What? Tusken kids don't count? That's racist! Lol

I get what the intention was, but honestly I never bought a second of Anakin's turn. Neither his motivation nor his actions were believable for me.

This is greatly over-dramatizing the scene, which was one of the flatest in the movie. It elicited virtually no reaction when I saw it. It's SUPPOSED to be some dramatic scene. But, it just lands with a thud. Room full of kids that have no established characters. They're just THERE. It's badly acted and they don't actually show ANYTHING. Just more cardboard lightsaber targets. Plus, what's the big deaI? He already killed the Tusken kids in AOTC. Once again, off screen. What? Tusken kids don't count? That's racist! Lol

I get what the intention was, but honestly I never bought a second of Anakin's turn. Neither his motivation nor his actions were believable for me.
Thats because George Lucas is a robot and doesnt understand how human emotions work. He is like Dexter, he does what he thinks people with emotions would do.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back