Did George Lucas say why he changed Old Anakin Force Ghost to Mid Age Anakin?

i'm sure George has his reasons for his middle finger. if i owned something that i thought needed my middle finger, i reckon i'd go ahead and put it there if i damned well wanted to

George Lucas's whole career revolved around trying to get/keep creative control of his work. His first few movies were re-edited by others against his wishes and it upset him deeply.

When SW fans complained about his changes to the OT in recent years we were basically stepping on that hot-button issue. We were telling him he can't do things with his own work. It's no surprise he reacted badly.

It makes sense to change him in a 1-6 viewing order. Doing 4-6 first, no, it doesn't Because we'd all be saying 'wtf is the kid?' But it makes sense, so to speak, when you start with E1.

In universe, it makes no sense, because Luke would have no clue who he is. The ending makes it pretty clear the ghosts appear to just luke and not just to the world in general. Luke may be standing a bit to the side when the ghosts appear, but they'd be in full view of a number of people there - especially Leia when she comes up an no one saw them. So, their images should be relevant to Luke and Luke isn't going to have clue about prequel Anakin. Same reason Obi appears as old Obi. That's who Luke knows. Weirder is that they put him in old style robes - which he never - ever wore. I know they just stuck his head on Shaw's body - but still.

HISHE covered the rewrite well enough.
But I think Yoda should have said, "Welcome here, you are not" no matter what form Anakin walked up as.

Thanks to the prequel stories, his role in the Jedi massacre and pivotal role in establishing the Empire, the Skywalker name should be mud across the galaxy.
Unless Skywalker is the Star Wars version of Smith.

I've seen so much back and forth. Apparently, the final word in it is, it's Matthew Wood doing the voice, and thus it's some random Gungan. Jar-Jar doesn't show up again until the Aftermath books.

Also, that wasn't a crowdsurfing Stormtrooper, that was a Stormtrooper the crowd had overwhelmed or knocked out or killed being borne off by the rioters.

Why oh why is anyone still watching the swirling corn-filled bowl of diarrhea that is the Special Editions? Sebastian Shaw is in the Harmy discs ;)

The only time I see the SE is when they're shown on Sky movies and even then I have to block the left of the screen with my hand in front of me or turn away or just leave the room. ;)

HISHE covered the rewrite well enough.
But I think Yoda should have said, "Welcome here, you are not" no matter what form Anakin walked up as.

Thanks to the prequel stories, his role in the Jedi massacre and pivotal role in establishing the Empire, the Skywalker name should be mud across the galaxy.
Unless Skywalker is the Star Wars version of Smith.

If you recall almost no one knows Vader = Skywalker until like 20 years after Ep 6. (Bloodlines book)

Skywalker would almost have to be akin to Smith otherwise Yoda/Obi are two of the dumbest people in the galaxy. Why in the world would you leave someone you're trying to protect with a name the empire would see and immediately swarm the planet for?

For that matter - WTF would the place skywalker on him at all? Who's genius idea was it to say 'yeah, lets name him after the guy who just slaughtered the jedi temple 2 days ago'. For all intents and purposes, it should have been a completely random name with no connection to either parent - if you're really trying to keep him safe.

as for the canon explanation, we got basically what george told filoni.

Anakins purest heart was back then, BEFORE even the scar on his face.

which doesnt make sense, because when old Anakin is dying there in the shuttle hanger... he's back to being in the lightside... i dont get it

Right now we are learning to become a physical force ghost is not a easy task... it took qui gon from his death, to the time obi wan was cleaning up dead jawa's at the sand crawler with the droids, for him to master it and physically present himself.

i think we will learn it took obi wan from the time of his death to the time he appears on hoth to appear... Yoda and Anakin, they learned the trick real quick lol

When did Qui Gon appear as a ghost? I don't recall that.

Obi wan was able to vocally project himself after a short period - death to the the trench run. I can't say he couldn't appear at that point, but a ghost appearing on front of the ship, while in flight, likely causes luke mental harm and prevents him from blowing up the DS :)

When did Qui Gon appear as a ghost? I don't recall that.

Obi wan was able to vocally project himself after a short period - death to the the trench run. I can't say he couldn't appear at that point, but a ghost appearing on front of the ship, while in flight, likely causes luke mental harm and prevents him from blowing up the DS :)

I believe in the last season of Clone Wars he appears to Yoda - which is how he knows to tell Obi-Wan about the ability.

As much as I'd prefer just the original 4-6 the Shaw force ghost is just bad continuity. He's like 10 year older than Alec Guinness IRL but Vader is just a few years older than me at his death (~45 yo @4ABY), he has all his limbs in tact, and a full head of hair (and skull). Yoda and Obi-wan are in the shape they were when they kicked it, Anakin/Vader force ghost should either be a physical wreck or his younger self when he was a full person.

I don't buy the 'your force ghost is the best you, that's why Anakin is young' idea, the force doesn't give a damn about Jedi or Sith, you are what your are.

Skywalker would almost have to be akin to Smith otherwise Yoda/Obi are two of the dumbest people in the galaxy. Why in the world would you leave someone you're trying to protect with a name the empire would see and immediately swarm the planet for?

For that matter - WTF would the place skywalker on him at all? Who's genius idea was it to say 'yeah, lets name him after the guy who just slaughtered the jedi temple 2 days ago'. For all intents and purposes, it should have been a completely random name with no connection to either parent - if you're really trying to keep him safe.
Luke was the patsy, they left him out in plane sight with Anakins name, living with Anakins relatives. So if Vader realises his kid lived, he takes or kills Luke and has no idea Liea even exists, after Luke gets taken or killed she is trained by Yoda in complete secrecy. That plan goes down the tubes when she is captured and they go with the patsy after all.

Sent from my BLU LIFE MARK using Tapatalk

My explanation of the changed force ghost:

forceghosts.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back