Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Just rename it to Lucasfilm rumors and it will be all encompassing then people can stop whining about who or what content is being posted.

Any chance you could find that interview, I'd love to read it.

As of the Clone Wars Dark Side users cannot become Force ghosts. But it seems that they can become more of a traditional ghost, haunting a place or item.

......I used to buy everything Star Wars related,...I honestly can't remember where I read it.....It was a magazine or newspaper supplement.....not on the web

J

The fact it is 104 pages is because someone wants to make the most of his fifteen minutes of fame after being chased out of the You Tube comments section.

Are you referencing an actual person here? So confused. How would you get famous by being chased out of Youtube comments? No one sane reads the comments. Evil lurks there.

I dont whine about "anything" just some of the yt videos posted,but you happen to whine about quite a few things as well so we both fit with my comment and I acknowledge it.

But I wasnt referencing anyone in particular but you felt the need to comment. ;)

It's all in fun thought right?
@Robinson Or for some people who just whine about anything that`s posted. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Force is one thing in Star Wars that seems to have changed the least. The Whills were in early drafts, and the most recent thing from George, talking about the Whills. They haven't really changed. And midi-chlorians were talked about by George in 78, and were finally mentioned in 99, completely unchanged.

Oh and remember when Han says he doesn't believe in "one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny." To which Obi-Wan just smiles at, never tries to correct him on.

Actually, yes, the Whills have changed. The Star Wars, as once written, was the tale of "Luke Skywalker" as told by the Whills many years afterwards. As in, an excerpt from the Journal of the Whills. They were never described in detail. The first time we saw them was late in season 6 of the clone wars. I never got the impression from reading early drafts of five female force embodiments.

As for the Han and Obi Wan interaction, Obi Wan likely felt that arguing with Han would prove nothing and lead nowhere. It's probably something we could all learn from in this thread. Arguing with the obstinate, the stubborn, the bull headed, will get you no where. Arguing about what the force is with a non force sensitive would be an exercise in futility. It'd be like arguing colors with a blind person.
I've given my know it all kids the same smile when I know for a fact they are wrong, but it's something they'll have to learn for themselves.

Actually, yes, the Whills have changed. The Star Wars, as once written, was the tale of "Luke Skywalker" as told by the Whills many years afterwards. As in, an excerpt from the Journal of the Whills. They were never described in detail. The first time we saw them was late in season 6 of the clone wars. I never got the impression from reading early drafts of five female force embodiments.

As for the Han and Obi Wan interaction, Obi Wan likely felt that arguing with Han would prove nothing and lead nowhere. It's probably something we could all learn from in this thread. Arguing with the obstinate, the stubborn, the bull headed, will get you no where. Arguing about what the force is with a non force sensitive would be an exercise in futility. It'd be like arguing colors with a blind person.
I've given my know it all kids the same smile when I know for a fact they are wrong, but it's something they'll have to learn for themselves.

Yeah those are the Force preistesses, they are not the Whills. We have never seen a Whill. In the book From a Certain Point of View, one of the stories is told by two Whills.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you referencing an actual person here? So confused. How would you get famous by being chased out of Youtube comments? No one sane reads the comments. Evil lurks there.

LOL I read YouTube comments all the time. 99% of the people are so stupid, it's fun!

I am......You dont.......I agree......Preachin to the choir.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I read YouTube comments all the time. 99% of the people are so stupid, it's fun!

So I'm going to run the risk of upsetting people here, and post this video.

Its a very excellent video, that ponders what it is that the fans want from a new Star Wars. Particularly in light of the fact that some fans have left their once beloved franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Given that there were rumours of "The Making of " books for TFA, R1and "TLJ" written but cancelled ,certainly none yet have appeared, maybe the fact that there is a "Industrial Light and Magic presents : Making Solo" scheduled to appear 16th April 19 (£35) might give some insight as to what did/ didn't /may happen at Lucasfilm in the future (its currently listed on Amazon in the UK).

Last edited:

Given that there were rumours of "The Making of " books for TFA, R1and "TLJ" written but cancelled ,certainly none yet have appeared, maybe the fact that there is a "Industrial Light and Magic presents : Making Solo" scheduled to appear 16th April 19 (£35) might give some insight as to what did/ didn't /may happen at Lucasfilm in the future (its currently listed on Amazon in the UK).

Is it possible they decided to just use "The Art of" books instead. While they are not true "Making of" books, they do go chronologically and talk about some of the other things going on during pre-production, production, and post-production.

Is it possible they decided to just use "The Art of" books instead. While they are not true "Making of" books, they do go chronologically and talk about some of the other things going on during pre-production, production, and post-production.

I've got all the art books from the very first " Art of Star Wars" printed in 1979, though sadly now the spine glue has all but perished, leaving the pages very loose and, despite my deep disappointment in "The Last Jedi" I've even bought a copy of the "Art of the TLI" , though only because it was at an absolutely knockdown, less than a third of the cover price.

Now whilst I'd admit there is alot more information in them (as regarding the making of the films) than used to be (at least more than just a script), thats mainly because theres a vast amount of work done for concept and previsualization by the art department,much than there ever used to be, so much so it actually directly influences the story, not the other way around. And therefore the quantity the art dep't produces is much larger than it originally used to be , because of that. So it warrants these excellent books.

But , if you've read any of the three brilliant "Making of " OT volumes by Rinzler , there is huge difference in the fantastic amount of detailed information and commentary covering ALL areas of movie production from the very start to finish. And some of it goes against alot of the established folklaw that people and SW fans still like to believe about the OT.
These have almost "Bible" status with me and I've read them more than once and quite thoroughly, which is ALSO why I don't comment here as much as I used to, because I've gotten tired of alot of the misquotes and mistakes that people put up here about SW.

But, in amswer to your question , there is already an "Art of Solo: A Star Wars Movie" out there and its pretty damn good, BUT it really doesn't cover any of the contentious issues that surrounded the movie, of which much has been said and discussed quite heatedly, but about which actually very little accurate information, other than some posts , quotes and a huge amount of rumour, exists.

Which is why I was surprised to find this was up for publishing in April 2019, just short of a year after release.

Some may draw the conclusion that if its being published then that perhaps this could mean KK won't be around by then to be embarassed when all the facts about this troubled production, if they are anything at all like the Rinzler books , are made public.

This film ,afterall, is being widely portrayed as a rare SW failure, though I quite liked it and will soon be buying the bluray.

Or, alternatively, it could entirely vindicate her decision to step in and refilm it, despite the excessive cost and explain exactly why the changes in directors and all the repercussions of that had to happen.

But its because of that I am surprised to see that this is even out there at all, given all the rubbish that has been said about it and the widely held belief that a lot of hardcore SW fans boycotted the movie. I'm very interested in the response to it and what it will actually say.

Now lets see how long it takes for this to hit the youtube channels.

Heres the Amazon link : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Industrial...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JVMDBE5VW37TJX06CZCE

Last edited:

Things not looking good for the wish crowd I would say.

Last edited:

That link does not work. It was posted a week ago already. She gets it for her lifetime achievement, i.e. for her track record.
It was largely because of her track record that there had been so much hope riding on her when she took over Lucasfilm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back