Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

I swear, our culture has become so tiresome with a misguided focus on really baseless labels that tell us NOTHING about the content of our character. More than anything, it lays bare our ignorance.

These labels serve to focus on trivial matters that serve only to divide us vs. uniting us. We really seem to be moving backwards vs. forwards as a culture and have come to define "progress" as being what one “group" has done to achieve against another "group" vs. what we have achieved together. We are so lost and balkanized as a people.

Case in point? Look at what the focus of this conversation on a prop forum has become and where we have let external political and cultural influences direct our conversation.

Is everyone else as exhausted with how we have come to define ourselves and frame our discussions?

I would love to never hear terms like "SJW", "mansplaining", "man-babies", etc. ever again. They mean nothing and should be treated as such. Then we all can have real healthy conversations again that move us forward vs. further into a hole.

Last edited:

If you could die of a broken heart TLJ would have murdered half the manbabies in this thread.
I came back in the form of a Forcemanbabyghost.

Canon schmanon.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Mansplaining? WTF? That is not a word. It has no meaning. It has no place in the English language.
I don’t understand how or why it is being used at The RPF or how it pertains to this thread.
It’s F...ing Ridiculous!

Nobody knows where she is, we're organizing a search party and hope to have her likeness printed on copious amounts of milk cartons by the end of the week.

Hang on Kathy, we haven't forgotten about you.

ok, well I am getting worried now though, I’ll put some pictures up around my neighbourhood if you think that will help.

Wow I'm not following this thread that closely. But I've found this out. I only understand 1 in 20 posts. The rest just seem to be rhetoric and hot air. Maybe the Star Wars fandom should take off their tin foil hats, and quit picking apart the franchise. The devil is truly in the details, you look hard enough, anywhere, and you're going to find him. This is liberal Hollywood were talking about after all.

Star Wars fandom should take off their tin foil hats, and quit picking apart the franchise.

^ This. We should really calm down and settle for whatever they give us.
What makes us think Star Wars was ever about quality movies, anyway?
There were only 2 good ones...
We should really lower our expectations and be thankful that we're getting anything with Star Wars stickers on it.

^ This. We should really calm down and settle for whatever they give us.
What makes us think Star Wars was ever about quality movies, anyway?
There were only 2 good ones...
We should really lower our expectations and be thankful that we're getting anything with Star Wars stickers on it.

Indeed we should be happy this hasn't happened to our beloved franchise yet

maxresdefault.jpg

I was talking about visual design.

But since you brought this up. How about neither Luke? One is a Dark Side dabbling lightsaber happy killer. And the other is broken down old man, trying to get rid of a young girl. Who's trying to get him to do something he doesn't want to.

On the other hand, this is my Luke. Jedi who only uses a lightsaber when absolutely necessary. Who doesn't use the Force for attack, but for knowledge and defense.

main-qimg-186d3a075e78f0a6317ec001b5f62210

tenor.png

...says a liberal. That's the point.

LOL! I’m a lifelong Republican moderate but became more Libertarian the last few elections. :) I’m going to show your comment to my wife, she’ll get a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back