X-Wing Toy Conversion *Finished*

I did not make a thread for the Tie Fighter conversion. It was just a quick conversion with nothing screen accurate. I'll see if I still have any WIP pictures.

Re: X-Wing Toy Conversion

Awesome job. Love the dog fight display.

Hey Randy, it sure was nice to suddenly see updates out of you again on this thing. There have been several threads that I was following with great interest that updates just stopped. So seeing this thread revived, and with such a beautifully finished piece as this, was very exciting. You did an amazing job at capturing the ANH/ILM thing which is my favorite look by far when it comes to X-wings. And man, I had forgotten how much scratch work you had done to the fuselage/canopy as well......nice.

I love seeing these Hasbro conversions/repaints. In my opinion, they make an excellent stepping stone to prep for working with a studio scale resin version. Especially if you are a noob like me. With them being similar in scale, you can really get a feel for handling something as substantial as the SS version (yet the resin kits are usually significantly heavier) as well as get a good pallet to experiment with finishes/weathering all without fear/risk of bumbling up a more expensive SS resin X-wing kit. There can be such a fine balance of properly washing out the accent colors, weathering just enough without over doing it and just getting the proper overall balance of everything from nose cone to engine nozzle, these Hasbro versions seem to offer plenty of opportunity to experiment and play around with things.

Again, very well done sir. I've been playing around with one my self and I'd be overly thrilled if it ended up looking even remotely as good as yours.

Thank you guys! Painting this was quite intimidating. I had practiced my painting technique on a couple of other kit bash builds before painting this and that really helped build my confidence. That's kind of why it took so long for the updates. The biggest challenge for me was to not go overboard with the weathering. I agree painting these toys is a great way to practice before taking on a SS resin kit. I want to say thanks to all the builders who have posted their work on here too. Learning from other people's builds helped me get to this point.

Great additions to the original toy and the overall painting scheme make this a perfect work of art. To thank you for sharing your images of the completed piece, I have used one of your images and made this mock up to showcase your excellent work.

Card for Randy13.png

Looking forward to your next project.

Thanks

Oslm

Great additions to the original toy and the overall painting scheme make this a perfect work of art. To thank you for sharing your images of the completed piece, I have used one of your images and made this mock up to showcase your excellent work.

View attachment 618990

Looking forward to your next project.

Thanks

Oslm

Wow Oslm! That looks fantastic. Thank you for doing this. Great job.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back