The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

I’m not sure which ones are the right ones. But the two needed to complete my build with be amazing. PM meal and let me know if you have them and I’d be more than grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not sure either. There are different sizes/shapes - TO-5 and TO-39 - and I guess there is a chance they were using a mass-produced op-amp like the LM741, which would have been a TO-99. It all depends I guess in where you think the washers/heat sinks fit into the equation.

Do we have a group consensus on that I can use going forward (until we know more)?

Don´t know, if I posted a pic of my recent display (inspired by the awesome setups of other members)...here it is:

Obi display.jpg

Hey @OdiWan72 ! I thought you were working on getting a fancier protective case for your EXACTRA 20.... what happened?! ;) hehehe

Naaaaa...low priority :lol

I like it being displayed with the cardback in this VINTAGE zip-bag (which it deeeefinately is, riiiight :lol) along with the other parts and my two Obi sabers. Saw this kind of setup from various members and fell in love with it. Not final, but will do until I can bring myself to rearrange my display cabinets...again :cool

Not me.

To be honest, I don't think I ever really freaked out due to any of my prop replicas.

Nice display stuff, but not even a conversation starter for 99.99% of the people visiting us.

I USED to "freak out" on some props I have in my collection.
Now it´s just "knowing they´re mine"...;)

But even back then, the real fun laid in hunting down/ collecting/ building props and not actual collecting.

Anyway...here are some beauty shots of my specimen, which I already posted at some point last year.

ob7.jpgob4.jpgob1.jpgob5.jpgob2.jpgob6.jpgob3.jpg

I frequently get up and walk to my display and look at things... my Obi, my Macros, and some other pieces always keep my eye a long time. Unfortunately my Live fires always live in a safe, otherwise those might get a lot of eyeball time too.

Can´t you just remove the bolt f.e., when your live blasters are on display? Don´t know about the legal requirements ...

Does anyone else geek out daily over their real Obi, or is that just me? XD

I would look at mine a lot more if there was a real booster in the pile. ;-)

I’d probably finally get around to cleaning off the workbench down in the basement, too. lol!

I know for a fact my AS sink knob was used as it was intended. I don't want to know what stories it might have.

The story of an AS sink knob..........Every day I get Dirty hands turning me on, clean wet hand turn me off, on the weekends I get wiped over with a cloth and some detergent !!! The life of an AS sink knob :(
Then I was turned into an iconic light saber :D Then put on display and stared at !!!!!

Last edited:
Not all were on sinks. Some of the ones floating around the rpf came off bidets.

The story of an AS knob.....off a bidet.....Every day I get Dirty hands turning me on, OH NO BACK SIDE !!!!! clean wet hand turn me off, on the weekends I get wiped over with a cloth and some detergent !!! The life of an AS sink knob :(
Then I was turned into an iconic light saber :D Then put on display and stared at !!!!!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back