Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

I think that if someone likes it enough to see it ten times, that is great.

I've only seen it twice, but I live pretty far from a theater (over an hours drive). If there was one closer I'm pretty sure I would have seen it at least 3 or 4 times by now. As it is I will wait now for the blu-ray. I'm sure I'll get 4 or 5 viewing out of it before it goes on the shelf.

I was 12 years old in '77 and saw Star Wars 10 times in the theater. I only got $5.00 a week allowance back then and the movie was $2.50, I believe. So I was spending half my week's pay to see it and as far as I was concerned it was money well spent. Star Wars was the first time in my life that I ever "got into" anything. We didn't even have reruns of Star Trek where I grew up. Sci-fi was pretty much unknown to me until then. And buddy, I went whole hog on it!! Been that way ever since.
No, thats cool, I just cant think of a movie in recent memory that I could watch 10 times in a theater. The cost and the time! Thats cool though.

Yeah you were a kid, and it was a phenomenon. And for the reason you stated, I could see that. But as an adult? Apollo How old are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, your point?
My point is that is an insane amount of time to spend in a theater for one movie. Thats almost a whole day in a theater! :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro I saw Raiders Of The Lost Ark when it first came out well over 30 times in the Theatre.

I have a ton and really wide range of friends so I keep going.

I wiil be celebrating my 56 th Birthday this year with my 24 year old girlfriend all our friends always agree she is the mature one

Age is nothing more than a number and a mindset.
Oh man. So youre my new hero. How, at 56, do you have a 24 year old girlfriend, and 30 year old friends? And how in gods name did you find the time to see that 30 times in the theater?! Youre insane man! In. Sane.

Seriously though, how the hell do you have a 24 year old girlfriend. Inquiring minds want to know. Cause Im 34, and trying to find dateable women in San Diego is damn near impossible.

I'm Immortal, I stopped aging at 30!

Seriously though I Cycle and kayak and through those I meet a lot of youngins.

Oh man. So youre my new hero. How, at 56, do you have a 24 year old girlfriend, and 30 year old friends? And how in gods name did you find the time to see that 30 times in the theater?! Youre insane man! In. Sane.

Seriously though, how the hell do you have a 24 year old girlfriend. Inquiring minds want to know. Cause Im 34, and trying to find dateable women in San Diego is damn near impossible.

Are you in San Francisco? Hm. Maybe I should try those things. Do you just go out there and do it, or do you go through groups? Like, how do you actually talk to a girl when she is doing either of those?

Uhhh not to derail the thread...Rogue one was good. I liked the part where there were blasters and stuff. :D

I'm Immortal, I stopped aging at 30!

Seriously though I Cycle and kayak and through those I meet a lot of youngins.

i tried that. didn't work. people are too busy listening to walkmans to notice. same goes for gym.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want someone that young.. hard to keep up with. and relate with for that matter. I used to be up to date on things at that age, now i just don't care cause a large part of it is pointless crap :)

anyone from 30-40 is fine with me :). i missed the 20s chance :).
someone should start a dating thread :)

Are you in San Francisco? Hm. Maybe I should try those things. Do you just go out there and do it, or do you go through groups? Like, how do you actually talk to a girl when she is doing either of those?

Uhhh not to derail the thread...Rogue one was good. I liked the part where there were blasters and stuff. :D

Have you tried online dating? It sounds kind of pathetic but it actually works and is a really good option if you're finding it difficult to meet women the old fashioned way. Now a days they even have specialized dating sites including ones for geeks like us.

Have you tried online dating? It sounds kind of pathetic but it actually works and is a really good option if you're finding it difficult to meet women the old fashioned way. Now a days they even have specialized dating sites including ones for geeks like us.
Unfortunately my friend, I have. The free ones, the paid ones, even the geek ones. There are so many fake profiles though. I have no problem with online dating, my last 2 relationships came from it. But now, its crazy, everyone is SO FLAKEY. Ill be talking to a girl, then all of a sudden nothing. There is even a term for it: ghosting. Im also the only one in my friend group that is single too, so thats also a bummer. Maybe I should move...

The only geek one I saw was geek2geek and that was mostly a scam. Are there better ones out there that I dont know of? Also, thanks for commenting on my plight. :thumbsup

12 times in '77 myself. May or may not have paid for every viewing...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

i have a good friend who saw it in many many times back in the 70s. he reminded me back then there was no home movies, so your local small theater would play the movies over and over.

could you imagine living with out video tapes? growing up in the 80s we didnt have cable, and had only a handful of movie tapes we just watched over and over until they demagnetized lol

Back in 1978 or 79, I checked out a super 8 silent film from our library that had the scene with obi wan giving Luke his light saber, and then the tie fighter attack on the millennium falcon. Watched that, like, a hundred times at least.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That brings back memories. I recall watching Star Wars in my grade-school basement in Cub Scouts around 1981 or so on the school movie projector! Don't know how they got a film copy.

I also saw Star Wars at a drive-in theater around 1978 or 1979.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back